Thread: Misery Loves Company

Misery Loves Company

Not to share misery with company, but to have company while in misery.

My misery ain't that bad. Just moved to the Bay area, but not finding a suitable place to live yet (Don't have a car either). Haven't even been in the mood to dress yet. Lucky I have net access though. Been staying in touch here at least. I'm counting my blessings, and also my cursings. That's more holistic. Right? Oh, I almost forgot, I have a migraine too.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Gone to live my life
    Hi Lela,

Sorry to hear about your domicile issues. Hopefully something will present itself soon and you will have a place to explore Lela again . . . I feel your pain with migraines (long time sufferer).

Hugs

Isha

Hi Leia: ya, it can be tough to fit a place in San Fran. I am sure you will find something soon though! Migraines do suck, as I am like Aisha, long time sufferer.

Erin

Hi Lela,
    Goods luck with the house hunting.
    I know your pain, also a life long suferer of migraine ,had a woozy yesterday!
    Adelaide

I feel for you lela,
    I do not suffer from headaches, about one a year and If I have one I become concerned.
    The bay area can be lonely like any new area without friends.
    It should come together after a while.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I used to get migraines from time to time when I was younger, but I haven't had one in a long time. I think that they're the closest thing to hell. Hope you're feeling better.

Lela, I just read an article stating that the San Fran area is one of the most expensive places in the world for housing.

Good \luck.

Jodi

Hopefully, the place to live thing and the car thing resolve themselves quickly. As for the migraine, I used to get a lot of headaches. Not sure if they were migraines really, but they were really bad, at least to me, and oftentimes I had to lay down when I got them and go to sleep to get any relief. Anyways, I don't get them anymore (knock on wood) and what ended up working for me, and it was entirely accidental, was that I stopped eating beef. I changed my diet and cut out about 99% of the beef from my diet. Now, I only eat beef about 3 or 4 times per year. I haven't had any headaches in about 8 years and it 100% coincides with when I changed my diet and stopped eating beef. Just some food for thought.

Thanks, everyone, for commiserating and caring. Desirae, thanks for the remedy idea, though it doesn't apply to me, since I haven't eaten beef since 1973. Regular beef is said to have lots of toxins from antibiotics and other drugs etc, so organic beef may not cause headaches. I think my periodic headaches started a bit over 20 years ago, when I first started using computers. If I find a cure, I'll try to pass it on. I found online suggestions for these herbs and nutrients: butterbur, feverfew, Mg, CoQ10. Water is also mentioned, but I've been drinking a lot of water for several years.

I'll also try to get back here with any news if and when I get settled in somewhere. That would be the happy ending to this thread.

Things are looking up, I believe. I just met someone who's trying to help me find a good cheap place to stay here in or near Silicon Valley. It turned out he/she is a crossdresser, so we even discussed attending a local CD group together some time. Lucky her, she has an accepting wife too.