Thread: Walking on the fence.

Walking on the fence.

An interesting dilemma presented itself a day ago. Persephone had some business in my community so we got together for lunch. We're OK with each other in either mode and this is within my no-fly zone so I was presenting as male. The complication was that a houseguest of Persephone's was likely to be along and he had not seen me in male mode. I didn't want to cause him confusion so I decided to go androgynous and present enough cues that he might see Eryn. I wore khaki cargo Capris, athletic shoes, and a light blue printed T-shirt. I didn't wear forms or makeup. It turned out that none of this was needed as the houseguest wasn't along on this outing.

We met at a nice gastropub where the chef happens to be the husband of the office manager of my electrologist. Without much thought I texted a picture of our group to her to let her know that we were enjoying her husband's restaurant. Apparently the daughter saw the small text picture, interpreted my presentation as female, and then texted her husband to come out and say "hello" to Eryn, which he did! Even prior to this the table was being addressed by waitstaff as "you ladies" so perhaps I pushed the boundary further than I intended.

It was certainly a fun, delicious, and interesting lunch!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Sounds like the real you was shining through! Cool!

Glad you had a good time.

It was a great, fun lunch! Both the company and the food were superb! And when the chef arrived looking for Eryn...

Yes, there is a thin line called androgeny. You looked great, but I have to admit that you were on the Eryn side of that line.

Perhaps I should lend you my CAT hat? After all, you were the one who suggested that it could help me look masculine!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Seems all worked out fine, so it was no harm, no foul for everyone.

An interesting experiment in crossover, as I put it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.