Thread: MsVal went out for her first time

MsVal went out for her first time

I finally did it. I went out for my first time yesterday.

The local transgender group (http://www.transgendermichigan.org/) sponsored a picnic yesterday in Ferndale, Michigan, a town that welcomes LGBT people. It sounded like a good opportunity to get out and meet some other like-minded folks, the weather was great, and my wonderful wife suggested several times that I go. I was undecided at first, not because of getting out, but because I have a bunch of stuff to get done in advance of a vacation trip and the whole morning was already booked for a meeting.

Okay, I DID have one reservation about going. My openly gay daughter and daughter in law live 1/4 mile from the park. Another daughter and her daughter work with that daughter in law in a Ferndale pub, also 1/4 mile from there. There was the risk of being recognized and needing to disclose to them.

I put the box of MsVal's stuff in my big 4-door pickup truck and went off to the meeting which, thankfully ended a bit early. My hastily made plan called for changing clothes somewhere between the meeting and the picnic. There aren't a many places to get dressed here in the city, so I parked in a shady spot next to a restaurant that had closed. I'm a small person, so I had plenty of room.

I wore my new brown wig (Henry Margu, 'Debi'), a blue and white striped tee, a sheer white long sleeve cover, white capris, and white strappy sandals. I wore a two toned blue necklace and carried a blue and white striped bag. I put my prescription eyeglasses in the bag and wore large sunglasses. Once I was certain that no family members were there, I removed the sunglasses and put them on my head.

To say that Ferndale, Michigan is parking challenged would be an understatement. I left the truck in a neighborhood and walked several hundred yards through the park to the picnic. The only problem I had was the uneven ground beneath my slippery sandals.

The picnic was well attended, with over 100 people there. That's 100 potential new friends. I even ran into Samantha Rogers. She immediately recognized me and welcomed me with her big warm smile. Always the one for style, she looked GREAT. Sammie may have a photo to post.

[Note to leaders and members of other groups:] Two of the Transgender Michigan directors introduced themselves to me, lead me to the food, and answered my many questions. They had other duties to tend to, but took the time to make sure to welcome the newcomer.

The entire experience was wonderful. At no time was I anxious about anything. Quite the opposite, it felt good, REALLY GOOD to be among people with similar interests. I could dress and talk as I wanted without fear of rejection.

I WILL be doing this again.

Best wishes
    MsVal

You just ate the first potato chip!

Congrats your 1st giant step
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Banned Read only
    MsVal,
    How wonderful it's all come together at last and you're beginning to enjoy it , I'm so pleased you had a great day out and made some good friends !

Congratulations! But be warned! Going out is addictive.

Platinum Member
    Glad you broke that barrier. It's awesome that so many of our inclination could get together on a Saturday afternoon!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You have to get your feet wet before you can swim.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Super! Simply... Super!

Great to read this... makes me wish I had a similar picnic nearby...

Really, really pleased for you...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Congratulations! Sounds like an absolutely wonderful experience

It has begun...
    Before you know it, you'll be out shopping en femme.
    On a helpful note, try to find a local LGBT club or similar.
    My wife loves taking me to the one near us where they have a fantastic drag/TG show, once she even went FTM

Let me add that Val looked great!
    I met her there and we had a lovely little knosh on hot dogs and watermelon surrounded by all manner of other TG girls and men and SOs. Val seemed totally at ease and we chatted for a long time. Weather was perfect that day, too....sunny but not oppressively hot and with just the hint of a refreshing breeze. It was an awesome first outing and I was so happy to be part of it with her.
    But I have a dilemna. I have a couple of pictures of the two of us, and Val has said it would be ok to post them....I am sure everyone would love to see how awesome Val looked...and she did! But since this is not the picture aide of the site....where should I put them...? Katey? Help! Tee hee
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

You know where to put them Sammie..

You have the permission of the subject and you have now piqued the curiosity of all of the members, so time for a trip to the Gallery...?

But Ms Val will have to post as you have posted recently.. or we will have to wait another 48 hours chewing our varnished nails before you can post again...

Now it's getting like a soap opera...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Sounds like Ms Val had a wonderful time!

Sounds like a wonderful event

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Glad you got to go, and had such a nice time. Oh the dilemma of this site and picture posting. Such a nice dilemma to have dear. Now on to your next outing I imagine to be done rather soon.

Have fun.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.