Thread: Coming out to your doctor, where's the problem ?

Banned Read only

Coming out to your doctor, where's the problem ?

Twenty years ago when I hit a bad low with my CDing my GP was the only person who could help me out, sadly he's now moved to another practice.
    I had to see my current doc about the results of a CT scan, this was to update my long term Hypercalcaemia, it showed two medium sized stones in my left kidney. I'm just praying they choose to stay in residence there !!
    He had to go through old paper notes because they hadn't been updated on their software and queried the long term Prozac prescription, I just looked straight in the eye and said that's to do with my crossdressing problem !
    It was quite funny for a minute or so because his mouth opened and closed like a goldfish but no sound came out, I could see the questions piling up and him trying to ask one at a time.
    We talked a few minutes and then I apologised for wasting his time on the subject because there was nothing he could do .
    He replied that's important that he does know because he can link medical conditions otherwise he's working in the dark, also if I have a relapse in my mental state he will have a better idea how to deal with it .

So now when I go to see him I don't have to worry about shaved legs or bra strap marks, I also mentioned I was on a forum, which was helping ! I might even take my avatar picture next time just to show what he's dealing with !!

This sounds good to me my friend. It helps to eliminate a lot of anxiety.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Teresa dear,

Why don't you just drop in and see him after walking the dog...?

Perhaps you could then try and pop a doggy treat in his mouth if it stays open long enough... he probably wouldn't even notice: he'd just crunch it...

But seriously - glad you have nothing to hide from your GP as they can sometimes be a help... occasionally...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    Katey you really are a smart ****, why didn't I think of that one !!

I have two doctors who really know about Steffi, plus some others who probably suspect because they've seen my panties or toe nail polish.

One of the doctors who knows is my neurologist. I've gone to see her dressed a number to times, and all of her intake nurses and receptionists know. It's an all woman office and I can be pretty open with them. I just have to be careful because my wife sees her also, and she doesn't know that I've gone in dressed.

The other doctor who knows is my internist. When I told her, she was very cool about it and even asked me to bring some pictures of me dressed the next time. Now, every time I go I bring some new pictures to share. I hate to admit it, but she's seen way more pictures than you guys.

The place I went for my MRI has a form with 3 check boxes for sex: M/F/T. That makes a lot of sense to me for an imaging place. If they see both breasts and a prostate, they won't be surprised.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I routinely wear panties and painted toe nails to the doctor's office. I've also gone with painted fingernails a couple of times. I sometimes have bra marks. We've never discussed CDing, because it has nothing to do with my health. But it's certainly no secret.

My doctor has a Christian based clinic and is a Deacon in his mega church. Great dr but I quit shaving 2 months before my yearly checkup and in all male mode.

Aside from you wonderful people, currently three people know about my dressing: my dear wife (oh, how I love that woman), my therapist (naturally), and my medical doctor. I trust him to make decisions based on all of me, not simply the results from medical tests.

Best wishes
    MsVal

I've been very impulsive since I started on this transgender road. I just feel like telling everyone and getting it over with. LoL... I'm going to wait until after some therapy, though.

A couple of weeks ago, I had a heart attack scare. It turned out to just be stress, but I had to go to the emergency room. No one said a word about my shaved chest and legs, except to say it made it easier to put the electrodes on me.

During my follow-up with my doctor, I just told him straight out, "I'm having gender identity issues, can you refer me to a therapist?" And he was cool. My first therapy appt. is tomorrow.

Last night I had to take my nail polish off, in prep to go back to work after a weekend and a day off. I really felt resentful and wish I could just be a woman and come to work without it being a huge deal. Naïve, I know, but I can't help how I feel.

Back on topic, apparently I have no problem telling my doctors that I crossdress, etc.
    I'm through accepting limits
    'Cause someone says they're so
    Some things I cannot change
    But 'til I try, I'll never know!
    - Defying Gravity from Wicked

Silver Member
    One thing to bear in mind, at least in the USA, is that anything written in your medical records could be viewed by people you may not want knowing about your dressing (particularly insurance companies, government agencies or employers, or others not so legally if there is a data breach.) Not that I am claiming any kind of weird conspiracy theory nonsense, and if you have to talk about it you should, but it is something to keep in mind. I know it is in my medical records (that I am a TV), I have my own business so I am not at the mercy of someone else for my survival, but in hindsight I wish it was not put in there for potentially anyone to see.

For a long time, I didn't have a family physician. I found one on the recommendation of a trans friend of mine; he has quite a few trans patients so it was no big deal to come out to him.

My Cardiologist is aware.
    Seems I needed to have some stents installed and when we consulted about this I had just done my toes for a party and figured "well, he'll never need to look there". Wrong!! First thing he told me was take off my shoes and socks...OMG. Well, I just said I'd rather not and he said it was necessary so I just told him. He said, "ok, now take off your shoes and socks". That was all that was ever said.
    No big deal, no discussion, no nothing.

It was nerve racking to tell him and so relieving after I had.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My family doctor is a woman and she is a fantastic doctor. Although I have never gone to her office dressed, I am sure that she has noticed that I usually am wearing women's jeans, panties, socks and shoes. And of course there are usually traces of makeup, long fingernails and long hair. The subject of my crossdressing has never come up, but I am convinced that my doctor and her staff would be accepting of my feminine desires. I hope to someday go to her office in a skirt and full makeup, I don't think that the doctor or her staff will be too surprised.

Banned Read only
    Vickie your concerns of security of your medical records are probably the same in the UK. We now have the right to view our records but I'm not sure if we have the right to alter them. I can understand that you don't want the information to get onto the wrong hands but don't forget this forum is monitored and more importantly you're not the only CDer in the World, I've certainly got over that one since being a member here, we're viewable by half the English speaking World !