Thread: Are there certain people tou want to 'catch' you while dressed?

Are there certain people tou want to 'catch' you while dressed?

When I am dressed enfemme, there are certain people who I try to be careful to avoid such as relatives, certain neighbors and certain other people who might want to cause trouble for me. On the other hand, there are certain people who I want to see me dressed. I have allowed most of my neighbors see me dressed and I have been pleasantly surprised by their reaction to seeing me as a woman. I have gotten quite a few friendly hellos and waves from several neighbors. There are a few people who I want to meet me as Patti since I feel that they are open minded and are likely to accept me. There is also a certain pretty young woman who often walks her dog past my house who I want to talk to while I am dressed, I just can't seem to time it right to be outside when she goes past, but I will keep trying.

Tell your friendly neighbors to call you when they see her coming your way.

What do you plan to talk to her about? How sure are you that her reaction will be pleasant?
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

I have actually spoken with this pretty woman several times, only I was in drab mode when this happened. She has always acted very friendly to me and we just chat about general things like the weather. I just get the feeling that she wouldn't be bothered by seeing me dressed. I would just chat with her as we have before, I have found that people don't really care how you dress as if you chat with them.

Banned Read only
    Patti it's a mixed bag, my outing experiences have been OK but I can think of people I don't want know ! I'm ready for the expected comments, because the ones I expect a rough ride from are the sort that open their mouth before putting their brain in gear ! I can deal with those people because my answers have been thought through many times!!

I admire bravery. Come to think of it, it must be quite exciting not knowing how she will react. Please tell us, when you hzve the answer.

No Patti... Thanks but no...

I don't want anyone to 'catch' me doing this... I'll go public to who I need to when I decide to - I think that's a preferable course of action for me... it avoids the possibility of the wrong person catching me - that's a bit like the CD version of Russian Roulette...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Platinum Member
    I find this a little disconcerting. It's one thing to introduce yourself to neighbors or people you know as part of the process of coming out. But to strangers, or near strangers like the pretty young woman walking her dog....honestly that feels a bit like exhibitionism.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    If the question is "Are there certain people you want to 'catch' you while dressed? "

then yes. About a dozen girls from crossdressers.com.

Hopefully, I could be moderated, served a martini, get some fashion tips and
    dragged off by my rhinestone necklace shopping for sensible shoes.

a girl can dream....lol!

No, I can't say that I want to be "caught" by anyone. I've gotten pretty indifferent about who catches me and who doesn't. There are a few people I avoid while dressed, because they don't deserve to see this side of me. But even with them, if it happens, it happens. No big deal.

I agree, I want to control where, when and how I am seen.

Reality Check
    I don't want to be "caught" by anyone, especially my neighbors. Not only would I be uncomfortable with that, but I'm sure my wife would be embarassed by it.

Now the important point: Once you are "caught", the cat is out of the bag and can't be put back in. Anyone who knows you and recognizes you crossdressed is bound to tell others and eventually everyone you know will know this about you. They may smile and wave to you but behind you back they are talking about the "crossdresser down the street".

Well kinda. I'm still in 'the closet' and am desperate to keep it that way. But deep down, I wouldn't mind if someone were to find my Facebook or Tumblr or something so I could sorta come 'out' without actually telling anyone.

Patti,
    I have no intention of being inadvertently caught "out'" by anyone.
    It would then be all around the neighborhood.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am afraid I can't be "caught" by anyone since my career is in a field that is unfairly scrutinized for ridiculous reasons (teaching) and a rare few who ruin any chance of open-mindedness. I have to dress out of town pretty much exclusively unless out at night in places where I know I could never run into anyone I know, and even then dark enough to be able to deny it should it happen.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    yes....a VERY RICH admirer....that would be nice if he caught me...in more ways than one.

I liked Katey's answer - the CD version of Russian Roulette. I'm not ready to spin the cylinder. So aside from the SA who encouraged me to try on a dress at Dress Barn a ways from home, no one else would know that I am a crossdresser. While a few more SAs might see a gentleman trying on women's clothing, they will see a face but not a name.

Ah, the good ole fantasy world! In reality, no. I don't want to be caught dressed by a beautiful woman that has been searching for a CD her entire life.

Catch me dressing? No, I can't say that I'm really interested in being caught dressing. There are people who I wish I felt comfortable dressing around, but wanting to be "caught", to me anyway, implies some level of fetish that's not really my bag. (not that there's anything wrong with it in my book, just not my thing)

I would love to let our neighbors in on our secret. However, all the kids are close knit and I cannot jeopardize friendships for all involved. My "just in case".....

joni