Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Being able to laugh about it

Being able to laugh about it

I wanted to share a conversation my wife and I had this morning before I left for work.

WIFE: "Have a great day. Be good!"
    ME: "Be good? Those are unreasonable expectations. I'm bad, very bad."
    WIFE: (appraising my cleancut image) "Yeah, right."
    ME: (conspiratorially) "Sometimes, when no one's around, I put on women's clothing."
    WIFE: (laughs and pretends to be shocked, then adds seriously) "I do too. I'm even wearing a skirt" (indicates her current outfit)
    ME: (in mock outrage) "And skin tight leggings. It's like I don't even know you anymore!"

I know I am lucky that my wife and I have reached a stage where I can bring up crossdressing and not only does it not degenerate into a screaming match, but we are actually able to have playful banter about it.

Who else here jokes about crossdressing with their loved ones?

This whole thing is really a big joke when you think about it. We're dudes in women's clothing. To me, that's just about as ridiculous as it gets. You see all these threads about "deep" thoughts about cross-dressing and the "hardships" of being trans* but really the whole thing is profoundly silly. What's the point if we're just going to be all "doom and gloom" about it?
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

My wife and I joke about it, too. We've been through a lot of family losses recently and my crossdressing is another big change, but not a sad one, even for her. When I first painted my toenails, she started calling me "twinkle toes." I seem to have a much thicker skin now about my femme qualities, so I can laugh about it. Before I was so uptight! She's quick to clarify that she's not making fun of me. If anything, she really likes me better without body hair. She's not the straightest person ever, and sometimes I feel like my crossdressing is bringing us both closer to a natural gender balance in our relationship.

Anyway, we find that keeping out sense of humor about crossdressing and everything else has helped us keep our sanity and our relationship together.
    I'm through accepting limits
    'Cause someone says they're so
    Some things I cannot change
    But 'til I try, I'll never know!
    - Defying Gravity from Wicked

Only rarely. I'm usually better off if I don't mention the whole thing.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    We have *Lots* of fun with it. I think it's Very key to how well we get along.

We just view it as some kind of odd harmless quirk that I have...and she's
    a girly girl herself, so it works well for us. But, she's known since day 1
    (25 years now) so it's been easy for us.

I'd be a total wreck if i were with someone who thought I had some kind
    of a "problem"...so i feel very-very-very much for those who don't have it
    so easy, and my heart does go out to them. ♥

Not really joke about it but my wife had gotten to a point where she asks me how I feel about something and then she might ask me how Jaylyn feels about it. She did say once to me when I was was whinning about the heat and working outside she said well Jaylyn just needs to put her big girl panties on and get to work. So I guess that was kind of a joke about the CD.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    With the utmost of compassion for those to whom CDing is anything but humorous..............

A long term relationship involves many changes. Some completely accepted by society. Like the changes a woman may go through from the courtship to the sweat pants and flip flops. From baking to bringing home carry out. Or the other direction. Like the guy who go from opening doors and holding hands to parking on the recliner and saying loving things like "get me a beer".

Humor is a wonderful communication between SOs. Both directions.

My SO and I are just in the humor phase with CDing. Although we have been together for decades, it wasn't until about 22 months ago that I discovered CDing as anything other than a comedy skit on TV. It will be interesting to see how this progresses. But yes, we are starting to see the humor.

But keep in mind that we are significantly conditioned by our culture. In some places out there in the world there is NO humor in CDing. Yet in other places men wear traditional garb that for us looks like a dress or skirt. Think the Swiss Guards at the Vatican, or the Turks, or some men in India, even some Arabs.

So what is "normal" or odd here may be odd or "normal" there.

But it is all SUCH FUN anyway!

That is to funny, love it, it is the way it should be for everyone

Platinum Member
    Cute conversation. My wife and I have shared a few light hearted moments regarding my CDing. Nothing particularly memorable.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Gold Member
    Your post reminds me of a few times my wife would ask me to help her putting
    on her bra. She had mobility problems and used a wheel chair everywhere out side of the house.
    So I would help her into her bra; then she would tell me that when we returned home,
    She would help me into my bra. Sounds like a deal.
    Other times when I was upset about something, she would say to me; "Go and put on your Bra"
    You know, it did have a calming affect.
    Rader

My wife threatens my with the fashion police sometimes, other times I call her to look at one of the posts on this forum to see some humor in what we do, it seems like it is usually something that Isha did!!!!

If Isha did it is it humor or humour?

Hugs, Bria

Jamie it is goodto be able to laugh about it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A happy story. More so if I read correctly that it was a bit of a journey to get to this place together. My family interacts much the same way. Both of my grown children and their SO's know about me and in our family very little is off limits for good natured banter.

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Banned Read only
    Jamie, At long last I think I'm heading in that direction, but I'm not pushing my luck. I had some subtle sarcasm after I told my wife about shaving my legs !
    Yours is a lovely story, thanks for that .

Whenever my wife finds me looking at a young lady.... "You're looking at her outfit again aren't you"? Me... "yes", or as oftern, "No, her shoes. Those heels rock".

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Emi_ View Post
    This whole thing is really a big joke when you think about it. We're dudes in women's clothing.
    Well, that may work for you, but it doesn't apply to all who frequent here. Regardless of anatomy, some feel a profound gender dysphoria that goes beyond clothing choice.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Yes, we laugh about it all the time. Recently, my mother has even gotten in on it. I revealed all to my parents, in their 70s, a few months ago. The reception was loving and way more than I could hope for...yet there was an awkward silence for a couple of months, as if no one really knew what to say. But on a recent visit, my mother announced she was going out to the Legion to play cards with her friends -- and then she asked with a laugh if I wanted to put on a dress and join her. I laughed (and cried a little as well). Humour helps all of our loved ones accept us, me thinks.

I wish my wife would say "go and put on your bra!"

Quote Originally Posted by CapHill Kelly View Post
    Well, that may work for you, but it doesn't apply to all who frequent here. Regardless of anatomy, some feel a profound gender dysphoria that goes beyond clothing choice.
    Still not a reason to get all gloomy about things. Life is for enjoying.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

Banned Read only
    all the time. cross dressing IS funny

My wife and I joke about cding also.

When you can't find humor in this you are either to serious and still finding your place or heading for depression. Either way the laughing at one's self in a non offensive manner and stress release is what makes this mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Banned Read only
    My wife sent me this. Still cracks me up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hahah! Thanks for sharing that moment with us. It's good people aren't taking themselves so damn seriously. I really and truly believe more of this makes the world a better place.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Couldn't agree more. And Jennifer, that is pretty hilarious.