Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Being able to laugh about it

Platinum Member
    Hi Jamie, Some subjects are best lift un-talked about.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Humor is often a good appfoach

Laughter, the best medicine.

I told my to-be GF I was a CD, before we actually started dating, we were just "hanging out" together. A few days later, she made a joking comment in a PM. Shortly after that she asked if I was offended, and wasn't meaning to be nasty. I reassured her that I took it in good part and was touched by her ability to be humorous about it. When we finally did end up in bed, at one point I cautioned her to not get her hopes up, as it had been a while and my experience was limited. "Well you certainly got my bra off pretty easily!" I lifted my head, looked at her in amazement, and said "I'm a crossdresser!" She laughed her head off. it was good night.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    we are guys...who wear dresses...you cant take it too serious..........its fun and healthy to laugh at it

Some of you might have seen this one from me before but I will repeat for those who haven't:

My wife's take: "Crossdressing would be funny, if it wasn't so tragic."

My take: "Crosdressing would be tragic, if it wasn't so funny."

Just a short one:

The other day a stranger sent me an sms by accident (wrong number) calling me "Susan". So she said something like this:

"Oh! You have an Afrikaans girl name now as well?" (pronounced "Soe-san" and quite common amongst Afrikaans (my first language) speaking people).
    Last edited by Jenny Elwood; 08-14-2014 at 02:55 AM.

CDing?? OMG I thought it was a coding website! All that talk about soft wear.

We do not joke as much as the years roll by, but she'll do something totally supportive and accepting from time to time (she grabs an outfit off my closet rack and tells me to wear it, after seeing me looking at the closet for minutes- trying to decide...) or just funny things: (like the time she used my Olay mousse moisturizer thinking it was hair mousse- that even she tells me "that Olay mousse is lousy...").
    But we do laugh, and that is a vital for humans to function in a healthy manner, and even more so in a marriage.

Good job!

Reality Check
    Yesterday I had a massage appointment a 9:00 AM so I couldn't wear a bra. I decided to wash my forms and wig in the spare time. The forms were dry when I got home so I put them away. The wig wasn't so I left it on the stand in the bathroom.

When my wife came home she used the bathroom and when she came out she said "I see you washed your hair." (with a smile on her face).

Aspiring Member
    my wife often teases me in a good natured fashion
    I thank God every day for her

If we can't laugh about it, there's not much hope for us! My wife and I joke about it often. Let's face it -- we are pretty funny -- so why shouldn't we add that touch of humor so others can get a smile as well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

My wife and I are starting to joke about it, but it took a lot to get here, there is so much stress relief in laughter and we all have way to much stress. Jennifer I'm stealing that comic and sending it to my wife now xoxo
    Trying to find my way out of this PINK FOG

"Life is far too important to be taken seriously" - Winnie the Pooh.

Erin

Banned Read only
    The closest my wife and I ever get to talking about CD-ing is when she tells me I forgot to put away a pair of panties or a bra and she put it in the laundry area on top of the dryer. I'd settle for a joke. I'd settle for a serious conversation.

Actually...!
    LOVE them flickr pics you's a funny lady

Last night I was hugging my wife and rubbed my hand down her back and feeling her bra strap. I joked 'Omigod you're wearing a bra. ' In imitation of her reaction if she felt mine. She laughed and said she needs to, otherwise she'd be flat on her face. She's has a large bust. She went to walk away, then suddenly getting the joke, ran back and felt my back, saying with a twinkle in her eye. I hope your not wearing a bra?' I laughed and said I'd just taken it off. Which was true.
    Now I told my wife recently and she's still not sure one way or another. So I'm trying not to be too much in her face about it. Which is why I took off the bra. But to me her reaction tells me she's more comfortable with it and that she fully expected me to be wearing one.

I do think bringing a bit of humour to it helps. It is a bit ridiculous after all.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Tina has added a new dimension to all kinds of discussions. A while back we were sitting at a bar having dinner and the (GG) bartender had interesting makeup, especially her rather flamboyant eye treatment. Out of her ear shot we started a long critique that eventually got pretty silly,but ultimately linked to how each of us would use or not use the techniques our bartender was displaying. It's now evolved to giggling about eye makeup in general as displayed by women (and some men) we meet, or being complimentary when that's appropriate especially when my wife or Tina see something they like! It's just so much fun!

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories. Your responses really put a smile on face, especially Jennifer's cartoon. And to those of you for whom crossdressing is not a laughing matter, know you have my sympathies. I know what that's like too. When I first came out to my wife, it almost destroyed our relationship, one in which we had never had a major argument in 6 years! We've even had a big fight over crossdressing as recently as two years ago. I consider myself very fortunate to be able to joke about dressing with my wife now. Please don't take it as bragging or belittling of the sadness or confusion you may feel. I just wanted to share something that made me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    I wanted to share a conversation my wife and I had this morning before I left for work.

WIFE: "Have a great day. Be good!"
    ME: "Be good? Those are unreasonable expectations. I'm bad, very bad."
    WIFE: (appraising my cleancut image) "Yeah, right."
    ME: (conspiratorially) "Sometimes, when no one's around, I put on women's clothing."
    WIFE: (laughs and pretends to be shocked, then adds seriously) "I do too. I'm even wearing a skirt" (indicates her current outfit)
    ME: (in mock outrage) "And skin tight leggings. It's like I don't even know you anymore!"

I know I am lucky that my wife and I have reached a stage where I can bring up crossdressing and not only does it not degenerate into a screaming match, but we are actually able to have playful banter about it.

Who else here jokes about crossdressing with their loved ones?
    This brought a genuine smile to my face.
    Thanks x
    Samantha -x-

Wasn't Fred Flintstone's Bowling style named "Twinkle Toes Flintstone"?

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    Thanks everyone for sharing your stories. Your responses really put a smile on face, especially Jennifer's cartoon. And to those of you for whom crossdressing is not a laughing matter, know you have my sympathies. I know what that's like too. When I first came out to my wife, it almost destroyed our relationship, one in which we had never had a major argument in 6 years! We've even had a big fight over crossdressing as recently as two years ago. I consider myself very fortunate to be able to joke about dressing with my wife now. Please don't take it as bragging or belittling of the sadness or confusion you may feel. I just wanted to share something that made me happy.
    Jamie

I don't think it's bragging. I love hearing stories like that, but it's not something I ever expect to hear in my house. I hope it's OK if I'm jealous.

I guess the closest I got to this was when my wife was doing spring cleaning. She found one of those plastic container boxes that she was going to throw out, but she gave it to me instead. She said, "I don't know why I'm doing this, but this box is a good place to keep earrings." Mind you, unless she's been snooping, she has never seen any of my earrings, and doesn't really know I have any. Although, it's possible she noticed the redness on my ear lobes after a night of wearing clip-ons.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Cook View Post
    If we can't laugh about it, there's not much hope for us! My wife and I joke about it often. Let's face it -- we are pretty funny -- so why shouldn't we add that touch of humor so others can get a smile as well?
    Unfortunately, we [my wife and I] can't laugh about it. I leave the logical deduction of that fact as a homework assignment.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 08-15-2014 at 10:01 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

We're shopping for a sports team shirt for her.
    ME: you're trying on a men's T-shirt, you are crossdressing!
    HER: you wish (giving me the stink eye)

We have a ways to go to get to joking about it.

Awesome conversation! My wife has been pretty slow on the acceptance thing, but a little levity does seem to take the edge off.

The other day I went school shopping for my daughter and bought 2 dresses for my wife. On the phone, in front of my daughter I told her I bought 2 dresses and I'd let her wear them sometimes. She actually thought that was funny, knowing they were really for her, but my joke had some truth to it. Maybe humor helps in the normalisation of how weird we are!

Make-up, that is where our humor begins, my wife accepts that i dress and last weekend dressed up with me for the first time.Awesome. the make up is where i think the funniest conversations come from. She helped me the first couple times after she accepted this part of me. It was very rough and rightfully so, I had lied by omission. (For those who haven't, the most scariest thing I ever did. Working for us so far, not everyone is as fortunate.) Now, I guess she wants me to figure out how I want to look and more times than not I go a little overboard. When she sees my interpretation of a seductive woman on me. Well lets just say it is hilarious. She is amazing, she never laughs at me, however her looks are like a picture, worth a thousand words.
    Now if I could just get her to say a few of them for pointers I'd pass. Not. maybe a little closer though

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    Unfortunately, we [my wife and I] can't laugh about it. I leave the logical deduction of that fact as a homework assignment.
    Steffi, I am sorry to hear this. Would that more of our wives / SO's could see the humor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Like the other day I was looking for a pair of my jeans (that weren't in the truck) and asked my wife where she hid them. ( we have moved into another house and I can't find anything) She looked around and couldn't find my jeans so grabbed a pair of hers and handed them to me telling me wear these no one will notice.
    After i finished getting dressed I looked at her and said with a grin, see I still get into your pants.