Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Being able to laugh about it

I love this conversation!!

Since revelation has been a bit slow here and as such the acceptance as well, there have been a few light hearted moments and comments that we have shared.

I was getting dressed for work one morning and as I pulled my pants on she noticed the pink panties I had on and asked, "aren't you worried someone will notice?" I said, "no, not really. I can't see why anyone would." "Things happen you know. What if you end up in an accident and have to go to the hospital?"

Without missing a beat I smiled at her and said, "I'm not worried, they're clean!

She smile and laughed and shook her head.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jamie,

I like the post and while I don't believe we are funny (in that weird kind of way) I agree that you have to have a certain amount of humour to deal with the day to day things that happen. A few weeks ago I was at the grocery store and mother with a daughter about 8 years old was in front of me. The little girl kept turning and looking at me then suddenly tugged on her mother's shirt and loudly proclaimed "Mommy I think that woman is a boy" (Ah the bold innocence of youth). The mother apologized but all I could do is laugh because it was so sweet and innocent.

Hugs

Isha

The Mad Scientist
    Isha,
    She may have somehow been able to tell...but I can't ... Wow. Great work.
    BTW, Your posts are always so funny.

Yes - we do laugh about it. A lot. This post has been a breath of fresh air - thanks!

Oh, is it humor or humour? It's whatever Isha says it is!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

We tend to joke about it a lot, we always have pretty much. I mean lets face it, it is pretty funny. Honestly, our whole family tends to muck around with it a bit. Best one recently was from our eldest daughter. At 13 she is unfortunately just starting to get a few of the dreaded pimples and acne of all teenagers. The other day I told her to use our face cleanser to help keep her skin clean. The other night my wife and I noticed that her face was very red. The conversation went something like this:
    ME + WIFE: Are you sunburnt?
    13YROLD: No, why?
    ME + WIFE: Have you been moisturising your face after you wash it?
    13YROLD: Moisture what?
    ME + WIFE: Moisturising. You need to put moisturiser on after you wash your face, especially with that cleanser.
    13YROLD: Nobody told me that!
    ME + WIFE: Go in to the bathroom, in the cupboard there is a bottle of green toner, put a little bit of that on first.
    13YROLD: Ugh, all right (trudges into bathroom, then reemerges). There, goodnight!
    ME + WIFE: That was just the toner, now you have to use the moisturiser.
    13YROLD: WHAT! MORE!. You have got to be kidding me. (By this stage Wife and I are rolling around on the floor laughing). This is like HOURS of my life being wasted on some "beauty" routine. This is so the last time I am doing this. (Again trudges to bathroom and returns after applying moisturiser). You can't seriously say you enjoy this dad!

And off she went to bed with my wife and I still rolling around the floor laughing

I also really like a meme I saw the other day. It went something like "Why take life so seriously. It's not like you're going to get out of it alive!"
    Last edited by Kate T; 08-17-2014 at 05:22 AM.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    As far as this house goes, I'm the one in colorful outfits, short shorts and tight tops.
    She's in Camo, and sweats. Looks kinda funny when we go walking.
    In the winter I like to wear a bra under my sweatshirt, and she caught me a few times. So now she rubs my back to check and I rub hers.
    All good fun and keeps the smiles coming.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!