Thread: Crossplay, Do girls like it?

Crossplay, Do girls like it?

So I am about to make someone's day.

This is a posting I found on Cosplay.com. in the Crossplay section. It started in 2004 and is still going.

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...ight=crossplay

For those of you who are not familiar with Crossplay it is a form of cosplaying where you dress up as a character with a different gender than yourself.

Crossplay might be a good thing to think about for those who want to go out in girl form but can't find the right occasion to do it. Most Comic-cons are the best place but watch out. Some Cosplayers can be snobish if you are not true to the character.

I think your answer is in Protodolls response here: "Um... I think your problem here is generalisation. "Girls" can't really like anything, y'know? Some girls do, some don't. What matters is who you're trying to impress. Personally, I admire guys with the guts to crossplay. However, a friend of mine was slightly repulsed when her boyfriend donned a skirt, so there you have it."

some like it, but liking to play costume and being sexually attracted to someone who does it are two entirely different things. Still, it's worth it to try. So go dress up as sailor moon or whoever and go to a cosplay event, and let us know how you make out.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Oh, Sorry

“Do girls Like it when guys Crossplay?” is the name of the thread. I wasn't really asking a question but trying to shorten the name of the thread so it wouldn't be to long here. I just like showing that there is a positive attitude towards males who dress as a different gender.

(also I've been told I am little different for liking guys in dresses and wanted to show that I wasn't... there are a whole lot of us out there......)

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I'd do it!

They have some big ones in Atlanta...which isn't too far away. I asked
    someone once if it's OK to just make up a character and was told yes it is....
    so maybe I'll be some kind of cyber witch....lol!

I'd long ago thought about crossplaying something for the anime con here in Detroit - Youmacon.
    (heck..it was a Japanese Candy Maid outfit that started me on this crossdressing ride last Oct. )
    But I keep running into a couple things.
    1: I don't have good resources or skills to really make something worthwhile myself.
    2: I'm older and my thoughts go toward oldie anime. And unfortunately that means thinking of Lum, Dirty Pair, and such that I know I couldn't do well without something more realistic up top. I could, however, do the dirty pair shorts well.. (original series)
    (I do have some tiger stripe cloth though and a Green wig however...heh. Sometime I'll try to figure that out- ne, Darling!
    It's also a bit of a rough match for the face as well. And black/darker wigs seem to bring out the puffier cheek look.
    I actually had thoughts of getting an appropriate wig and a better maid outfit and doing a Maid/Trap Hayate from Hayate no Gotoku..
    Or other possibilities is Kyoko Otonashi from Maison Ikkoku. I've a white apron.. just need to work up something common for the base, and draw the chick and "Piyo Piyo" on the apron and carry a broom.
    Hmm. Or appropriate for the con date (Halloween) - a old-person's version of Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service. Don't think I could play that for "cute"..Need big oversized red ribbon tho.. I'd want that unlike the way the live-action version seemed to had forgotten about it if I remember right)
    If I could make a bodysuit, could do the gals from Gunbuster!
    (maybe I'm thinking too ambitious in dreaming these..but oh well)

Several anime in-jokes here in this response. Just smile and nod at this ramble for others
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

I'm sure some girls do and some girls don't.. just like with other things in life.

Now, from what I have seen on various websites, cosplaying girls are much more likely to be open to unconventional things. So, perhaps going to cosplay events might be a good idea, even though there can be nit-picking cosplayers who will criticize your costume.

I would love to do cosplay.. but I would also like to be able to create my own outfits. It's a specific set of skills I have not yet acquired yet!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Yes, i agree the girls there will very in their liking of it.. I too, would love to do crossplay. It looks like a lot of fun, but at this point I don't think I could go alone. Maybe one day.

crossplay sounds like a good way to introduce the idea to your partner

At Otakon this year, I noticed quite alot of crossplay with the cosplayers wandering the halls. As usual, most of the attendees appreciate and look for costume design/effort more often then not and could care less what the cosplayer's gender is. Cosplaying has definitely matured in the US the last 10+ years.

Naneomi that's good to know. Otakon is not that far from me. Will have to think about going next year.

I think it would be great fun.

I wish I had the body for it and the guts to do it. I think that would be lots of fun.

I've done it before. I think I enjoy the processing bringing together a costume more than the actual act of wearing out. Most of the time I'm completely out classed lol.

Oh yes! I was able to pull it off when I was a bit younger. It was a Wonder Woman costume totally inspired by the Linda Carter Series...if I were to do one today, it would be harder to pull off but I was thinking of a female Robin character (as one appeared in the comic books). I know a GG who goes as Captain America.