Thread: Terms and Phrases

Terms and Phrases

Hey ya'll!
    I have been looking thru the catagorys and post, and havent seen this one talked about and would like to state my feeling and get yours on a couple terms and phrases I just deplore!

When I used to hostess the chat rooms in the cd / tv /tg /ts area of the OLD msn chat, I found that a lot of people called the tg people ********! Lord I hated that! I also understand now how GG's hate being called BABE! That is another one I can't stand!
    It seems to me, after much searching, that other than this forum, we dont have a lot of places that we can go and chat as ourselfs with others that can relate to what we feel and go thru! If you go to a CD chat room, you are constantly being hit on as the idiots there think that our wishes or conditions mean that we are out looking just to have cyber sex! Most of the time that is the furthest thing from our minds!

The chat format I came here from was a 3D chat and for 2 years NO ONE had any idea that I wasnt GG! my attitude, my feelings, my look, my talk, EVERYTHING was totaly female!
    I have found that once you get by the outward appeance and look into ones soul you find the true person that we are!

On line I have a few friends who are GG's that believe I am the same as they have accepted my words and actions as one of their kind!
    I also have found in a short time that the same goes here! we suport one another for who we are not who we want you to be!
    Anyways,,, where am I going with this???
    What are some of the discusting terms and phrases you have come across and how have they affected you??

Hugs!! Sheli

Having a Bubblegum Crisis Priss's Avatar
    Well, I don't hang out in chat rooms, and haven't been to that many CD sites... I prefer a forum setting like this.

Terms that I do not like however would be anything that is designed to exclude us from the human race. *******, it, thing, them, third sex... It doesn't really matter to me what we are or what term they use, it's when they stop thinking of us as fellow human beings that causes me great concern. If you're not human, your just another animal and easy to ignore or kill...
    Priss

I want to live bravely and love without fear.
    I want always to feel the wings of grace near.

We all will be Christed when we hear ourselves say...
    We are that to which we pray...
    Jewel

Not so new member
    Northwest. England..ok ok I live in Liverpool. Dont worry I wont steal your clothes
    Ladyboys. ********. ASL. I would hate being called the first 2, and anyone who plays online games or frequents chatrooms will be familiar with the ASL which I dont even respond 2. Nobody has 'sussed' me out yet in gamerooms and why should they......I dont 'go on cam' lol.
    All the times, that ive cried
    Keeping all the things I knew inside
    Its hard, but its harder to ignore it
    If they were right, i'd agree
    But its them they know not me
    Now theres a way, and i know
    That I have to go away

I wouldn't object to "Ladyboy"! In Siam the Ladyboys or Katoi are threated with great deceny for the most part and some of them are very girly, more so than their real sisters in many cases. Unlike the West were most families will treat a girlish son with contempt and cruelty and even force them to be "Macho" and "Butch" against their natural psychological and emotional makeup. In Siam a Katoi in the family will be honourably treated and not only allowed to dress and live openly as a girl but their family will buy them female clothing etc. There are even Beauty competitions for them every year.
    [SIZE="5"]Helen[/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    Hi Sheli,

I don't particularly like 'she-male' but then I've never been called a she-male or ladyboy. 'T-girl' I don't mind but I've rarely been described as a t-girl - maybe I'm too old.

I have never deliberately tried to pass myself off as a GG on sites or in chat - though a couple of times people have not read my profile properly. That cheeses me off particularly if it gets to an 'Oh sh*t - you're a guy!' as happened once. I hate that.

I also cringe a bit with 'hun', 'darling', 'sugar' etc. - though I tend let them slip thru' to the keeper. I am contacted by both male and female admirers - male admirers I can cope with. Most are quite respectful though their conversation in most cases is pretty limited but I have had some great chats with guys and it maybe it depends how you present and control the chat. Surprisingly, most get pretty 'tongue tied' anyway.

To be honest, while female admirers are fewer, they are not much different in approach and there is even less chance of getting into a proper conversation with them as they tend not to want to talk about their own lives - although I did strike up a great conversation with one woman. But, generally, I don't quite know how to deal with them so I now tend to reject them or, on Hi5, I accept them to my 'friend's list' but make no contact.

I haven't experienced any really disgusting terms or phrases - well not by my definition - just invitations I have no interest in pursuing.

Fiona xx
    Last edited by FionaAlexis; 01-21-2006 at 05:38 PM.

i've never liked the term drag queen.that is
    a term for a certain segmet of cds and doesn't
    apply to everyone. i do like the term lady boy as helen mc
    does.i also don't mind girly boy or how about just the old
    fashioned term sissy,was called that enough as a kid!
    hugs,karen.

This topic has been gone over relentlessly, those prior threads now washed away by all the new threads going over the same subjects again as I have found out over time.

I prefer real time chat. The TG chat room linked to this forum has been the best one I have participated in and I go there most evenings to chat with the friends that I have made there over time. One can't look at a wide open public chat room in the same manner as an IM program, it takes a certain "mindset" to be comfortable in an open chat room. I have been going to chat rooms for years now, the vast majority non-TG related covering many diverse topics and subjects. I certainly had my ego brused in the begining, but with continued participation I began to see the "pattern" of how various archetypes tended to communicate so I can effectively identify the trolls so I can ignore them, the newbs so I can try and help them feel more comfortable, and those who understand the online chat environment, the latter is what makes it worth going.

As far as TG chat has gone, I have met many just like myself, and those with a different perspective but still good people that are a pleasure to talk to. I have met "true" admirers that have been very genteel and honest with a sincere attraction to TGs who repect my point of view. Those that come to "cyber" aren't necessarily looking to make trouble. That's their thing and just because it isn't mine doesn't make me right or better then them. Those that don't know me yet and send the "uninvited PM", with the asl line, will, 99 percent of the time, apologize and never bother me again after a polite explination of my point of view. The very few that have persisted are easily muted or ignored via the chat interface. Trolls are extremely rare when there is an active moderator present, when there isn't and things start getting out of hand I simply come back later when there is.

I love the chat room, I've meet some great people over time, and more often then not it's great fun. It may not be for everyone but to me it's well worth taking the time to learn the ins and outs and develope the right perspective.

Love
    Maria

Ah-May-Lee
    I don't mind being called a she-male. I do find that I have some of the same qualities as a she-male. At times I think that I relate more to the she-male side of tgism(?), than the just CDing part. I do feel closer to the she-males than I do Cds, but we are both under the same TG umbrella and have our similarities.

I also don't mind drag queen, the drag queens that I met are quite funny and seem to always want to have fun. That's the ones that I have met.