Thread: Interaction

Interaction

I was out at Hogsback falls today. I just wanted to walk around the park I grew up near. It was a beautiful day for it.
    It just felt wonderful being out in the sun as Paula.
    As I was leaving a women started walk towards me. As taught, I held my head high smiled at her and said hello.
    She then stopped and asked me for directions! I thought she would bolt as soon as I started talking. In my best female voice I gave her the help she needed. She never batted an eye!!. I don't know if she made me or just didn't care. But either way, it was wonderful!!!
    Paula

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Congrats on a good experience and thanks for sharing it with the forum. It sounds like you did everything just right, and now I'm guessing you will use this as a launching pad for more adventures in the future. If so, I hope they are all as positive for you.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Wow thats so sweet Really happy for you

Sounds like a good experience. Congrats on this and your future walks in the park..
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Did know, Didn't Know, Doesn't matter as they were comfortable enough to ask you for directions so you must have had a good presentation either way. The last person when your lost and need to ask directions is to ask someone creepy! Either way it uplifted your confidence and helped you out on your day and you were able to post a thread out of it so either way a win win
    Last edited by Ashley Wray; 08-18-2014 at 02:24 PM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Paula, Maybe you pass much better than you thought.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    It really doesn't matter, does it? If you passed, fine. If you didn't, but were treated with respect,thats just as good.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Wray View Post
    Did know, Didn't Know, Doesn't matter ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    It really doesn't matter, does it? If you passed, fine. If you didn't, but were treated with respect,thats just as good.
    I agree with this sentiment but I'll add that it is a virtual certainty that the ladies identified Paula as a man. And THAT should provide Paula and everyone with confidence to go out. People don't care in general and plenty can get passed it immediately and see us as another human. The rare knuckle dragger should not be a reason to prevent one from an outing.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Jennifer, you are do right. I watched it happen last week in theSF subway. Young women didn't pass on close inspection but no one batted an eyelash. But, I do think you pass better than she did from what I can tell from your pics. You always look terrific.

Glad you were able to help

Gone to live my life
    Hi Paula,

Very few of us survive first contact (i.e., up close interaction) and people tend to make us quite quickly. However, you have learned what many have. If you are a kind and friendly, people will demonstrate great reciprocity and return with kind and friendly regardless of how you present.

Hugs

Isha