Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does your wife steal your clothing?

My wife and I are the same size so we have a shared wardrobe. My wife HATES to shop, particularly the part where she has to try things on. So, she picks out pants and I try them on for her. She's out of luck with dresses and some tops, though, as my upper body is larger.

A little hipocracy here? Threads about CDers wearing the wife's clothes get a lot of "get your own" responses. So why not the same advice to the wife: "get your own"?

When we were dating, we found out that we wore the same dress size, even though she's several inches shorter than I am. She has wider hips so we don't swap pants and neither of us have any skirts although we've talked about it. I know her sizes well enough that I can safely buy bras for her (much to the amazement of the staff at VS), but I never wear hers because I have a bigger band size. We have always shared the fresh pantyhose, although once worn it seems to stay with one of us as she likes to cut the waistband. With very different sized feet (she has smaller, cuter feminine feet) we've never even been interested in trading shoes.
    My career is in retailing but my soul is in writing

No, but there was this lovely leopard print scarf that went missing and was found in my mother's dresser drawer, which I found while looking for something of hers to borrow - my good fortune that she was most understanding...

I've never had that problem my wife is alot smaller size than me she's a size 8 and myself a size 20-22w lol

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    As if a quintuple heart bypass wasn't already stressful enough, my $&@% in laws are coming tomorrow and staying at our house while I have my surgery Tuesday. They have a habit of snooping. My wife asked me to hide most of Allison's things in totes in the garage, with the exception of some panties that she suggested go in her underwear drawer for wearing after I come home next week. She just moved all of Allison's jewelry to her jewelry chest. Not that I mind sharing, it's just really annoying and infuriating to have to "in law proof" the house.

Sorry, rant over....

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    My wife has always offered up any of her clothing to me if I fit. The opposite is true she is always welcome to anything I have purchased and I would like to see those clothes get more use anyway.

I'm not married, but girl friends have borrowed many items. I'm always glad to share!

My wife and I go shopping together, and sometimes we buy two of the same as we like to dress alike. We are mostly different sizes, but we do sometimes share the same items. She always asks before she takes anything of mine!

I was hopefully not married to an ex girlfriend who was used to borrow without asking and sometimes steal things, not limited to my dresses.

Can't say she could steal my clothes. We are different sizes. I tend to dress more feminine. I actually like dresses and skirts. She doesn't. Wish she did steal some because I think she would look really good in them.

My wife are completely different sizes (me size 18W she is a 2P) so we do not share any of my female clothes but she does like to "borrow" some of my male shirts to lounge around the house. They fit her almost like a dress and she does look cute. Recently when I bought a cute peasant blouse she asked me to get her one just like it and I did. Sharing clothes seems like a female thing and I wish we could share more.
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

We share clothes when needed as well. Patty really never grew out of being a Tomboy and needs TerriAnn to dress her up when required. We shop together a lot and before she will buy anything, Patty will ask me what I think? Will it fit? Does this dress make my _____ look too big....Lol Now as our neighbors know all about TerriAnn, the neighbor lady's come borrow clothes or ask advise. Never saw that coming....

I think of it as sharing more so than stealing.
    We are different sizes and definitely different fashion statements.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.