Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Ideas?

Halloween Ideas?

I really am looking forward to Halloween this year. Last year I was a Iceland Air Stewardess. If you ever have flown Iceland Air you'd know why!

I'd like to be a celebrity female this year, a few years ago I missed the opportunity to dress up as Sarah Palin. Politics aside I love her fashion.

Her star has faded and I am looking for ideas another iconic public person????

Any Ideas sister???????
    Attached Images Attached Images

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    That's so weird...I've had 3 different people from 3 different places
    tell me my little avatar picture looked like Sarah. lol. I don't see it myself...

I've lost track of who's who in the celeb world. Last one I recall was...
    um...er...The Gaga lady...what was her name? I spend all my TV time
    chatting with real TV's these days...

Anyways... I Do love Halloween! I'll be thinking now that I've thought
    about it. I think i'll be a girl this year. Again ...lol!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Paula,

Okay, I am going to go out on an "aging" myself limb here. How about a retro celebrity costume . . . Carole Brady a la Brady Bunch. You would require a different hair style and you could dress 60s in a hip mom kind of way.

Hugs

Isha

I haven't been to the Halloween party at the club in a couple of years. Last time I went I was a zombie "bride" in black and my friend Mary was the "groom". We both looked like death warmed over (groan). Prior to that I went as a good witch wearing a butterfly gown and before that a female Green lantern. I've been wanting to go as Black Canary a la the erstwhile "Smallville" TV series. I did a "dress rehearsal" with that once and it came out pretty well. We'll see. P.S. I think you would make a good Doris Day Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Reality Check
    If I get to go somewhere as Krisi I will be happy.

Aspiring Member
    How about Martha Stewart! Go as Glampira!

I went last year at Halloween as Mrs. Bates! Must have done a good job because most people thought that I was a real woman dressed as her! Oh my! Well I do have a very womanish sounding voice.
    Last edited by Martha G; 08-19-2014 at 09:02 AM.

Ann Romney, she is a great style you could get some one to dress a Mitt

I'm debating... Either a Playboy bunny, or Barbra Eden's, Genie.

That's thinking ahead! In my case I won't be doing anything for Halloween least of all dress up as a woman! Halloween parties for adults are rare here. Even though we invented it. We even get a public holiday for it. These days it's all about the kids.

It's a pity really.

Silver Member
    How about Wonder Woman?

First idea was best. Sara Palin. Carry a salmon instead of a purse.
    Can you convince your date to dress as a polar bear?

Banned Read only
    I looked at your Flickr page. You always appear very elegant. I wish I had the opportunity and guts to just go out as Stephanie. You obviously have gone out as Paula numerous times, so just appearing in ordinary garb is not an event for you. My suggestion is not to mimic a particular person, but, a period dress. I love some of the dresses Scarlet O'Hara wore in Gone with the Wind. Perhaps one of the period dresses with a wide full hoop. If you have a male friend who is willing, have him dressed as a Civil War general.

Paula, I think that with your overall appearance, presentation, and and facial structure, you would be a natural as an Amy Poehler look-alike. Trouble is, as a Halloween character she doesn't really have a "signature look" like Sarah Palin that would make her stand out in a crowd - unless, of course, you can find a dude who can do a credible Ron Swanson impersonation to accompany you - LOL!

I like the Martha Stewart suggestion that a previous poster made as well, and if you're into a 1980's "retro" look, you might even consider Krystle Carrington (Linda Evans) of "Dynasty" fame - big hair and shoulder pads included.

Of course, there's always Hilary Clinton or Angela Merkel, but something tells me that you wouldn't be into pantsuits as much as these ladies seem to be...

I don't want to be disrespectful, Lauren Becall. As an homage.....

joni

Flo from Progressive.

I would try to do one of the Fox newscasters. You have a wide choice in ages and looks.
    joank
    Southern California

I got a witch costume a few years back, for a reasonable price. It's still in great shape, so I'll be a witch again this year.

Aspiring Member
    I plan to dress as a Duchess this year.

The Pretty Duchess 1 Cropped A.jpg

Add a large Queen of hearts playing card, then just going round saying "off with his head!" at anyone who gives you grief!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiva View Post
    Flo from Progressive.
    Very good Kiva! She is very recognizable

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    Hi Paula,

Okay, I am going to go out on an "aging" myself limb here. How about a retro celebrity costume . . . Carole Brady a la Brady Bunch. You would require a different hair style and you could dress 60s in a hip mom kind of way.

Hugs

Isha
    Carol Brady hmmmmm now thats idea, I wanted to be Jan when I watch as a youth!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    Paula, I think that with your overall appearance, presentation, and and facial structure, you would be a natural as an Amy Poehler look-alike. Trouble is, as a Halloween character she doesn't really have a "signature look" like Sarah Palin that would make her stand out in a crowd - unless, of course, you can find a dude who can do a credible Ron Swanson impersonation to accompany you - LOL!

I like the Martha Stewart suggestion that a previous poster made as well, and if you're into a 1980's "retro" look, you might even consider Krystle Carrington (Linda Evans) of "Dynasty" fame - big hair and shoulder pads included.

Of course, there's always Hilary Clinton or Angela Merkel, but something tells me that you wouldn't be into pantsuits as much as these ladies seem to be...
    Dynasty was a cross dressers dream! Martha Stewart does have a signature look!!!
    Last edited by Katey888; 08-23-2014 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U r quite lucky, Paula. Few of us can dress like a regular woman on Halloween and get away with that.

Since Halloween is the only day of the year I mite pass? I like to try! For me, that means dressing as a woman wearing a costume. I recommend that to any dresser who would like, maybe JUST ONCE, to pass for a female!?

Here I am at a local club that has a huge H party! Passed at least 5, and maybe many more, times that nite.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Everyday is Halloween ........

Quote Originally Posted by monalisa View Post
    How about Wonder Woman?
    I did it last year

I think I wanna go with "I dream of Jeanie" However, I need to get it done as cheaply as possible! Any thoughts?
    PS, I'm used to making my own stuff.....
    Wonder Woman for example, a spaghetti strap T, (I painted the logo) a navy blue bathing suit I painted the stars on, I cut up a gold gift bag for the belt, crown and bracelets, and painted the stars. The boots, I had go-go boot shoe covers left over from my Dallas Cowgirl outfit that I painted....

Anywho, Jeannie, I think I can find a pink sports bra on the cheep and hang a tassel on it, pink A dark pink button up shirt to cut off and make into the vest, (did something similar with my DCC outfit) should be a cheep easy find, but pink harem pants? I don't think Goodwill is going to have that!
    Last edited by 5150 Girl; 09-11-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Banned Read only
    Cobbled together and/or made.