Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just how long?

Just how long?

I know that this subject has been broached on here before but I want to put a bit of a spin on it. Many of us here are senior citizens and we love to CD. My question is just how long do we intend to do this? At 67 I still look fairly decent en femme (makeup works wonders ) and especially enjoy it when I go to the club to socialize and dance dressed up.We even have a few members who are 70 and beyond. I have wondered, however, if there will come a time when circumstances or health may limit or even eliminate my opportunity to dress en femme. Not that I constantly concern myself with it but I do wonder about it from time to time.

In view of that I had worked hard the last 15 or so years to get in touch will all of my feelings and make them mine. This has made it possible for me to express those feelings regardless of mode and I've also realized that my Rich side is appreciated and loved(especially by family) for who he is as a man. Funny, I used to fight those "male" feelings but now I welcome them as being part of who I am as a full spectrum person. What this means is I can enjoy being myself in either mode and it's totally my choice how I want to present at any given time. That being the case if the time does ever come to curtail my dressing it won't be a big deal or a huge shock and won't depress me. That is my "nest egg" for the future.At least I have a plan. Until that time comes, however, it's business as usual for Kate and I will be here for my friends as long as possible.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    As I age, I'm buying more mature clothes and yes I am concerned about how long it will go on. Don't have an answer.

Just how long?

This is a question that I have pondered often. I have come to the conclusion that I will dress for as long as I can and for as long as I continue to enjoy it.

I will be 60 in a month lots of time to enjoy but like you wonder what the passage of time means for my dressing.

I like the way you think, Kate. I intend to keep dressing however I like for as long as I can. Someone please stop me if you see me go senile and start buying ugly clothes. LOL!

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    Well, as long as i have the internet. I'll just find out where everyone
    is getting that $$$$$ Photoshop software and adjust my appearance
    accordingly.

Age! No problem! lol!

How long? That's a rather personal question, isn't it? Oh wait. I've been watching too much Python recently.

How long will I CD? As long as i can get away with it. If diagnosed with an incurable disease, after my goodbyes, i intend to trek out into a wilderness (badlands, banff, the Sierras, etc) in a safari type cotton blouse and skirt or dress and end my time going back to the earth, but dressed as i would like to be.

if I just get old, well, crossdressing has kept me in pretty good shape so far, i intend to keep it up as long as i can stand to look at myself in the mirror. if i die alone I'll probably be found crossdressed. C'est la vie, so to speak. Or perhaps c'est la morte?
    Last edited by Krististeph; 09-02-2014 at 08:49 AM.

Aspiring Member
    I will dress for as long as I can

I do not intend to stop

for me the older i get the harder it is, i have back issues, but either way i am drawn back to wearing fem stuff, dont think i can ever stop

Kate -- So far, as long as you have.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Until I'm pushing up daisies.

The Mad Scientist
    Kate... Keep going forever. You look wonderful

How long is a piece of string?
    I simply cannot predict where this will develop. I enjoy it very much and what happens down the road is Future Amanda's problem.
    Kate you are an inspiration
    Luv
    Amanda

Only reading the title of this thread and not wanting to read the actual question, I wanted to reply: About 4 inches, sometimes a year or two.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

Kate,

I love your philosophy and I share your feelings. The older I get, the more I feel in touch with me. As some elder Canadian friends of ours once said, "When you're over the hill you pick up speed!" I'd like to think that I'll make the most of the time I've got -- whether in male or female presentation. We've had other "elder" threads before, and I quite enjoy being treated as an older woman. I won't kid myself -- I'm probably past the bar and dance scene -- but there is so much else to enjoy while we can!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

As long as I have girl clothes, makeup and opportunity .

I know someone in their 90s and still enjoying the life. I reckon she'll continue even if they have to dress her should she ever end up in a 'home'.
    DonnaT

Banned Read only
    As long as it is still an UPlifting experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda L. View Post
    I simply cannot predict where this will develop. I enjoy it very much and what happens down the road is Future Amanda's problem.
    Kate you are an inspiration
    Luv
    Amanda
    Amanda, I think I may be the Time Traveler's Wife. Possibly in a Quantum Leap sort of way with A T.A.R.D.I.S.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    i dunno when im gunna quit....im sure i will one day....and when that day comes I plan to get Tony Soprano fat and eat in excess all the things I have been avoiding or eating in moderation but I REALLY love like SOPRESSATA, Provolone, real Pork Sausage.....Doritos....... I will stop shaving my body ,grow out all my hair and look like this
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kate,

As Isha is part of my identity I believe I will continue until I am too senile to know the difference and there is no family left to allow me to explore that side of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda L. View Post
    Hi Amanda . . . LOL as this brought back a memory when I was in Basic Training. My Drill Sergeant asked me that exact question "Private X . . . How long is a piece of string?" Being a bit of a smart a$$ I responded back "That's easy . . . twice as long as half of it" Needless to say he failed to get my sense of humour and I did a lot of pack parade that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    i dunno when im gunna quit....im sure i will one day....and when that day comes I plan to get Tony Soprano fat and eat in excess all the things I have been avoiding or eating in moderation but I REALLY love like SOPRESSATA, Provolone, real Pork Sausage.....Doritos....... I will stop shaving my body ,grow out all my hair and look like this
    Adriana . . . . LOL . . . Love it.

Hugs

Isha

Adrianna you'll have your moobs by then.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I just turned 65 a month or so back and I'm still buying new things to try on. So it's not anytime soon for me. I thought about your question for a little bit and tried to think of what kinds of events would make me stop dressing. Being in a body cast was the first one that came to mind. Being dead was the other one. Maybe if I went to prison or was hosptialized for an extended period I'd have to cut back some. But everything I came up with was something extreme and none of it had to do with age. Check with me when I'm 80 and I'll let you know how I'm doing.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

As long as I am able to