Thread: First time of Hazel in public, it was "Awesome"

First time of Hazel in public, it was "Awesome"

I had been waiting for years for this day to come, and when it came I was partly ready to accept it in the form of a warm and lovely invitation of going out with some of the most beautiful people in my life whom I met only a few days ago.

Last Friday, it was my first day to go out as 'Hazel' and I must say spending only a few hours outside was more joyful than spending several hundreds of hours inside the bedroom. The joy of walking freely as a girl is far better than anything I could do as a dude. I was never concerned about my makeup before, but this time it was different. Perhaps I checked my clothes, makeup, wig several times before finally I stepped out of my hotel room.

Paula invited me a few days ago for a dinner party with some of her girlfriends, who were beautiful and equally supportive. It was my second visit with this kind lady and she insisted me to come as Hazel. When I read the text, only one question was on my mind 'which dress am I going to wear?'. The answer was plain and simple, wear that green one which is the only complete dress I have after moving to Dallas. So all those days, I was eager for Friday to come so as to get ready and finally go out.

I got off the work early and finished up my dressing and makeup very quickly. Checked myself in the mirror for several times, my heart was racing. Couldn't control my feelings, and the dude inside me was pushing and saying not to chicken out. Somehow got enough courage and stepped out, kind of nervous and worried. Took me 40 minutes, 10 minutes longer than usual to drive and the nervousness vanished when I saw Paula. Wow, what a lady and what a relief to see her.

Paula is a great lady, awesome, friendly, caring and most importantly supportive. She took me for a dinner, then we roamed around in the city and finally went to see a Drag Show. I don't know how did time fly, but her company is something that every crossdresser should have. She understands the feelings and has enough maturity to guide you in a good direction. I feel luckier for the opportunity of going out, not for the great food or a drag show, but it's about being free with comforting people who understands you.

I know you also have your awesome story to share with us, why not to take a moment and put it down here? Let it be an inspiration to others.

Hazel,
    A wonderful post darin. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely experience.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    That's awesome, Hazel! Great Flickr pics, BTW ...

I had a very similar experience during my first time out, mentored by my big sister Amy from this forum. I shared the details here ...

I hope you'll be able to repeat the experience soon - the first time out dressed is quite a moment

Great first outing Hazel. Sounds like it was better than could be expected. So how is Dallas? What area did you go to and was it overall CD friendly.

I don't know how you could be nervous about going out in public with how you look. I'm a bit jealous. As someone who has only been out in public once, I know exactly what you mean. That sense of freedom to act however you want to act is intoxicating. I know that I want to go out more when I find a good group of girls locally to do it with. Thanks for sharing! Very happy for you!

Banned Read only
    Me, Hazel, and a couple of my girlfriends had a really good time Friday night! Hazel looked awesome - her top and skirt got a lot of compliments at the Rose Room (a drag bar). One of the drag queens really liked it, I noticed, and said something about it. (As for me, one of them, Cassie Nova, made fun of my librarian-like garb, lol!)

Here's Hazel - she really did look great!
    hazel.JPG

Here's the two of us. My eye makeup is kind of a fail in this picture, with my raccoon eyes and all. (They didn't look like that except in the photo flash. Under normal lighting, my eye makeup looked a LOT better. )

hazel-paula.JPG

Anyway, it was a bunch of fun!

Welcome to the Awesome club, and dressing so pretty I'm surprised you haven't been out more often.
    And hopefully there will be many more Awesome experiences for you soon
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Great first outing

Platinum Member
    Hi Hazel, You are out there now, There's no holding you back anymore.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    What a delightful post. There's just nothing better than going out with CD girlfriends. If it wasn't for my girlfriends I'd give up the sport and build model airplanes!
    Last edited by Lynn Marie; 08-20-2014 at 06:57 AM.

My first reply on these forums is a huge 'well done' Hazel! Your secnd outing will be every bit as good as the first, I'm sure.

glad you had a good time. hope you will have many more.

My first, and to date only outing was with the ever sweet, ever helpful, Samantha Rogers. She has sorta taken me under her wing, and that's a good place to be. I got an email just an hour ago in which she asked where we'll take MsVal for her second outing. Yikes!

Best wishes
    MsVal

Congratulations on your first time out! I'm glad you had a great time. Many happy returns!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Hazel,

Congrats on your first outing. You looked stunning and very happy sweetie. Here is to more Hazel days.

Hugs

Isha

Thanks a ton

Hello all beautiful ladies,

Thanks a lot for taking some time to read and putting your kind words. You all are the true inspiration for me to go out in public and create that Flickr account. The comments, suggestions and encouragement keep my inner girl alive and now am not afraid if someone discovers me a CD.

Julie Denier: I read that story, quite similar and I am definitely looking forward for a second chance. I wish it would come real soon.

Ryce: Thanks for your words and your comments on my Flickr page. You look lovely.

Rachelakld: I seriously wondered why didn't I try going out earlier. Except a few dudes at my hotel, nobody even noticed. It was like I wasn't there. The only thing that caught the attention was my dress, its too glam. I will buy something less 'glitzy' next time

Lynn: I wouldn't have enjoyed going out if Paula and her girlfriends wouldn't have accompanied me. Truly, going out with Paula is the true achievement.

Isha, Cynthia, MsVal, Alejandra, JillyJones, Blue Orchid and Bridget Thronton : Thanks for your kind words too, I hope you all enjoy your CDing and specially going out very well.

Paula:
    Where to begin to thank you. As you might have noticed, I was kind of nervous and didn't thought of taking any picture. Am glad you asked for it and now I can look at it and be proud to have gone out with you. Thanks for taking time and include me into your group and encouraging me, without you it would not have been possible.

Hazel.

Hi Hazel,
    Congratulations on your first night out. Both you and Paula look lovely. Glad you had a fun time
    Love Adelaide

Congratz Hazel!

It's always great to read about such a positive first time out - you both look great and what a super person Paula is for looking after you so well...

Awesome!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

The Mad Scientist
    Amazing looks. You are a natural!

Thanks Wendy and Adelaide, hope you both are doing great!

Katey, am really fortunate to meet Paula. She is a sweet lady and being under her wings feels awesome. This forum helped me a lot.

Wow! Glad you had a supportive friend! Still dreaming of that day!

Glad your first trip out the door was so much fun! It sounds like you will have many more!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I am so happy and proud you made it out Hazel. It is really awesome that you have made such a great new friend so fast in Dallas and she seems like a keeper. You girls looked great and hope you get to do it again! Soungs like you had the time of your life

Congrats!!!
    Ginger
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

How can anyone be happy when there's so much misery in the world?

I like to say silly things like that now and then to confuse people temporarily. I made a Misery Loves Company thread here not long ago. I'm one of the miserable people in the world since I haven't been able to dress for a month now. Of course, that's not the serious misery. Being possibly on the verge of homelessness is my real misery, but mine doesn't compare to those who are truly in misery.

So be happy and think of those who aren't happy too and send some love their way. Si?
    (We're happy for you, whether you like it or not.)
    Last edited by LelaK; 08-25-2014 at 01:44 AM.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"