Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming Out !

Coming Out !

Shortly after my wife died in October 2002 I went to live with my ailing parents, my mother was 79, and my dad almost 82. One evening, in early 2003, I came downstairs, where they were watching TV, I was fully enfemme. When they saw me they bdidn't batter an eye, as the long suspected that I "dressed." It seems that they, especially my mother, noticed that some of her female stuff, such as bras, shoes, stocking/pantyhose and spare eyewear was ocassionally missing and suddenly would show up out of the blue. Except for a very brief period in 2003 I was a caregiver for them dressed enfemme. Died died in 2006, mom in 2007. My mom liked it that I copied her style, right down to her cat's eye frames. I had to share this story even though I have kept this away from the site for many years. I have been a member here for many years.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    What a sweet story, thanks for sharing

That's a great and touching story Arlene thanks for sharing

Good to read this sentimental piece.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    A wonderful story of acceptance

Thank you ladies for your tender & thoughtful responses, they have touched my heart. I wish that I had posted this sooner. MUAH to you all.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 08-21-2014 at 10:28 PM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    A very touching personal story, thank you for sharing Arlene.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Thank you madilyn. Love & hugs !

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Very nice story Arlene. I am pleased that you shared this with us. It must have been pleasing to you to have understanding parents.

Requel Jo,
    It was most pleasing and a great relief. Thank you for your warm post.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Arlene,
    Thank you for sharing that lovelly story, it warmed my heart when I read it.
    Love adelaide

Adelaide,
    Thank you for your kindness. I'm glad that it warmed your heart. The responses here have done the same for me.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Platinum Member
    Hi Arlene, Thanks so much for sharing such a wonderful heart warming story.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Silver Member
    Proves again Arlene that some parents will always be understanding and accepting of who we are - no matter how we are dressed.

And such a nice story it is my friend. Thank you for sharing that.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

That is so sweet and an awesome story. Thanks for sharing.

Love your story. It's so nice to have family acceptance.
    I think my mom knew long ago, but we never talked about it. I wish I had had the chance to show her as you did. I think she would have been accepting and that would have meant the world to me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

That's a nice story. I would expect that caring parents like yours would have no problem accepting whatever their children are.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    you are so welcome Arlene. I hope all in your life is well. BTW, I still owe you a photo with a classic pair of glasses from a few years ago...take care Hon !........Madilyn
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

All of you are so sweet and loving. Thank you all for your kindness. I have found that some of the best people in the world are CD's. MUAH to you all.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story. I wish I had the courage to come out to my family. Only my wife knows.
    by the way I used to love dressing up in my mom's clothes too when I was living at home. Now I have the pleasure to dress up in my wife's clothes.
    Love,
    Lexi

lexivanderpump,
    Thank you. I loved wearing my mother lingerie.

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I'm guessing that my Mom knew when I was living at home (a long time ago). I never came out to her before she passed but I would like to believe she would have been accepting.

Stacy,
    I hope also darlin. Accepting parents does many positive things for the human spirit. I know that it did for me. Love & Hugs !

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Wonderful to have loving parents Arlene. Bet You miss Them a bunch. Hugs Roberta PS now I know where You got Your good looks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]