Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who wears the pants in the family?

Do you or your wife wear the pants in the family? If she does do you you find it emasculating to the point that it makes you want to dress.
    Last edited by Ilsa; 08-24-2014 at 03:44 PM.

Well, let's see ... At the moment I'm wearing a skirt and my wife is wearing pants.

I try for an equal partnership. On a few rare occasions I've put my foot down and said, we're going to do this. Where "this" is something my wife doesn't like. The reverse has also happened. I married my wife for her assertive personality. I'm the same way. I don't see why an intelligent person should be forced to be subservient to another. That's a waste of talent, and a waste of life.

No, it doesn't have anything to do with my CDing. If anything, my CDing is a manifestation of my assertiveness.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    It was always me, until I lost my job and she became the breadwinner. I'm happy to wear the dress, now if only being her housewife was a paying job

For the most part, I am head of household. Breadwinner, repairman, protector and defender, keeper of the check book, and provider extraordinaire.

That doesn't make me superior to my SO. She likes me to be in charge and gives me permission to do so.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Ilsa,

Well in a way we both do as we have cover different aspects of our lives. She looks after the finances as I am away a lot and to be honest she is better at it, I tend to do all the household repairs because to be honest, I am better at it. We both do the housework and we both do the yard work and we do it wearing pants

Hugs

Isha

My wife does and I like that way. I do all the cleaning shopping and I like to spoil here but I am also the type who like to do everything I can not be sitting still so I do most of the household chores inside and most out side whe have a Gardner who does a lot of it. Tried a maid. But couldn't find one who would clean tou standard. My always tell every one that she doesn't do because no one can so it up to standards so I let him. lol

I prefer jeans to skirts myself. Cross-dressing isn't a rejection of my manhood - it is a rejection of what the world tells us men should be. Cross-dressing is not the one's failure to be masculine.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

For me we share it. She is a acountant so money is her thing. I can fix anything and im a motorhead so.... repairs me money her... great split!!

Although the man is supposed to be the king of his castle, the queen sure has a lot of great looking stuff. Don't mind my wife pulling on the household pants when needed. But if someone takes advantage of that(car repairmen, salesman, etc) needless to say I know where the a**hole switch is in those pants. Only thing worse than a woman scorned is a caring husband who loves her.

My wife and I both wear the pants. Once without knowing it, she put on mine and thought she lost a lot of weight. As the morning went on, I asked her where my jeans where. She was crushed that her diet wasn't the cause.

When everything boils down, I usually end up doing whatever it is she wants me to do.

joni

Hi,

Is this about whos the man about the house or the one who runs it , like who did the cleaning cooking washing and having the kids ready for school packed lunchs and every thing about living and then doing homework and then kids off to bed , and outings for the kids and the list goes on.......

oh.... and getting the food in , it becomes one long day after day week on week ....... real life real time ,who gives a dam who wears what ,clothes dont matter they are last on the list except the school clothes for the kids ,

...noeleena...

I wear the trousers in this partnership...that is, when Chloe lets me!
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

Banned Read only
    I've tried to go for the quieter life and let the wife wear the pants, it gets confusing when we both try and do it !

She does step back when I get the chainsaws out, her only concern is what's he wearing underneath if he has an accident !
    I have found a great range of gear for women, a chain proof cami and stockings ! They also make for very interesting evening wear if you're into Goth !!

We talk about everything. I lead but she has input. I prefer to wear a skirt!!!

I defer to my wife in most things. She's a gentle soul but a strong person. Better than me mostly. But I will take charge when it's needed.
    She is the main breadwinner too. That always means she has the power.

She hardly ever wears a skirt as it happens.

Truly shared for us. We discuss all major things. That being said, I do all the cooking (my SO doesn't like to, or do it very well) and I do most of the grocery shopping. We split house cleaning chores, and she does laundry. I still do what she calls "blue jobs", such as lawn maintenance (though we have a service now), and minor house repairs. However, nothing major, as me + power tools = an insurance claim waiting to happen

I do like to putter on my cars and hers as well, and do oil changes and minor tune-ups etc. The bonus is that our youngest daughter is a real "Petrol-head" and loves being around cars and super cars, so it is a good way to spend time with her when she is in town.We both contribute to the household finances, but have separate accounts to fund our hobbies (hers is sports and quilting), mine is cars.

Anywho, long answer, but we do share.

best,

Erin

Ms. J. is highly dominant--wears the pants. Does all the finance and bills, highly organized. Mows the grass, has her own power hedge shears. Never lets me drive her car--unless she has a broken leg. She deals with repair men. I am accustomed to it now. Still--I have to kill the spiders and bury the dead squirrels. I don't feel emasculated. I help with the laundry, but she puts her own clothes away, as knows as a cd I am at times fascinated by her clothes. Still--perhaps I have influenced her--sometimes she wears a really nice dress to church.
    Last edited by JenniferR771; 08-25-2014 at 09:19 AM.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    My wife rarely wears a dress in fact at times I have been in a dress more than she has. As to who runs the family it's a mutual thing. All the big decisions are discussed by the two of us and we come to a mutual conclusion. As to how the work around the house breaks down, I do the repairing and fixing up, work in the yard (we do have a service mow, for us I work a lot and really don't have time and with her allergies she can't do it) fix the car. She does the laundry and most of the housekeeping now that she isn't working. So in terms of someone being he dominant person in the realtionship there really isn't one.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I told my wife this morning that I am the queen in this house, because my pantyhose say so.

she doesn't like skirts or dresses.. I am fascinated by women in dresses, and wonder how I would look in them!
    I am happy to wear the skirts and dresses as often as possible.. she prefers jeans and shorts!
    Happy arrangement.. We pretty much split the in-house chores except for laundry.. (she makes her own soap, etc. - confuses me)
    I do most all of the 'out-door' stuff, and really enjoy it.. (if only I could be dressed)
    I enjoy doing dishes and cleaning the house, and I am really good at it when dressed! Not saying its a womans' job, just that I'm more comfortable in skirts/dresses.. PANTS: only if I have to
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

I don't have a wife and probably never will, so I have to do all the pants wearing myself

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    we're both loving capris right now...

But we both take care of what needs to be taken care of. I wouldn't
    be much without her...and i think she likes me too! lol!

sadly in my position as the wife has been visited by dimmentia/alzheimers I tend to wear both not at the same time of course as that woud be a heck of battleLOL
    phylis

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    all three of us wear pants when we wish to

two of us wear skirts when we wish to

only my male self is stuck with pants whether he likes it or not.

I live alone so I wear the pants and the panties.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land