Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who wears the pants in the family?

My wife "wears the pants" in the family and I wear the panties in the family. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Love,
    Lexi
    When I grow up,........ I want to be a girl!

let's see:

I do the laundry, she helps fold the laundry --- I wash the dishes, she dries the dishes --- I do the shopping, she comes along with me --- I do the cooking, she warms left-overs --- I do most of the house cleaning, this may change soon because she recently retired --- I wear skirts more often than her ergo she wears pants more often than me --- We share lawn work --- Shoveling snow is my domain --- clearing snow off the cars is her domain --- She has girly hobbies --- I have mostly guy hobbies --- We share major financial decisions --- but who wears the pants?

Push comes to shove - I think we really share the "pants wearing" or "head of household" in more of a partnership. When we go out together, it is in the traditional roles expected for our gender - just another part of our unspoken agreement.

Platinum Member
    Hi Ilsa, I can't remember the last time that I've seen my wife in a dress or skirt outfit.

The operation is a 50/50 thing we both share the whole program.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 08-26-2014 at 07:25 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Good Morning Blue, I'm wondering when is the last time your wife saw you in pants. As for myself I don't get to be scrutinized by my significant other, because I have none, so I'm pretty much free to be Ilsa whenever I want. It has for me anyway, been more of a novelty, to be that person who wears the pants of late. Of course in a couple of weeks when my sister comes to visit I'll need to remember to wear the pants. I wouldn't want to forget who she thinks I am and greet her as Ilsa. That would probably spoil her vacation.

Have a nice day,

Ilsa

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    My wife usually wears the pants, which I prefer. Occasionally she tosses them to me and I have to wear them, but so much more prefer my dresses.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I never had a wife or SO. One elderly British customer of my former business told me, "The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world." In my single household, my two cats "wear the pants." Especially the big gray one. I suppose i share wearing the pants with them, when they let me. And i wear the skirt, when i get a chance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Eringirl View Post
    ..We both contribute to the household finances, but have separate accounts to fund our hobbies (hers is sports and quilting), mine is cars...Erin
    What??? No separate account for your crossdressing activities and purchases, or is that covered under the "hobbies" category along with "cars" (and according to which prioritization?)...

(in guy mode) I wear the pants! she controls the zipper.......

We both do.
    Sometimes we both wear slacks, sometimes both skirts, sometimes whatever.
    Doesn't bother either one of us. We share the duties of our life together and work together to make it better. Who wears pants never enters into play.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hillary Clinton described Bill as 'a force of nature'. So it is in our house, a hurricane would steer clear of her. I am comfortable in a submissive role, especially around the house. It suits us just fine.

Aspiring Member
    We both "wear pants" and I wouldn't have it any other way. I had a girlfriend once who was very submissive and it just didn't work. 2 brains are better than 1!

Ours too, is an equal partnership. Sometimes we both wear a skirt and sometimes we both wear the pants.
    Joni

As far as workload, it is an equal partnership. I am pathetic with DIY stuff, so those things get a professional to do. The rest of the household chores are pretty well divided up. We generally tend to both do both, although I like doing mowing and trimming (actually my favoritie) and she hates anything of that. who would thought a farm girl would hate the outside stuff. So, she does pick up most of the laundry and a few other things. Cooking is about 50-50 and depends on what we are eating and who makes it best.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

She wears the pants at home. She handles finances. I do the housework and laundry. I am without a doubt submissive to her. That doesn't translate to outside of the house. I own a business and am quite the opposite of my home self.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I am VERY fortunate to be married to woman who can do some things better than I can.

She is fortunate to be married to someone who can do some things better than she can.

There are some things we do equally well.

Thank (insert deity here) we can tell the difference.

The whole is the sum of the parts.

I am more of the man than when we met,

She is more of a woman then when we met.

So there is no need for pants. HA!

Pinch myself.

She is SUCH FUN!!!!!!

Love ya babe!

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Wife wears the pants. When she wants me to dress she'll say "I've laid-out your outfit", which is my cue to go take a shower, shave and dress. She'll have it all laid-out on the bed in the 2nd bedroom. Sometimes she'll even lay-out the bra she wants me to wear, which isn't often but really gets me turned-on.
    I've no problem with our arrangemnet.

Since im single i can wear the pants or a dress
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Banned Read only
    I'm a retiree. My wife is still working because she enjoys her job most days. She wears a dress on special occasions only. She and I wear pants. When she is at work I become a June Cleaver clone; dress, hosiery, heels, essential undergarments and wig. I twirl through my day cleaning, laundry, baking, vacuuming, etc. I do not feel emasculated at all. I can understand some guys lose their self worth when their wives become the breadwinner of the family. It's a societal role playing issue.

BTW, my pension income is twice what she earns. That irritates the crap out of her more than me wearing a dress.

We both wear the pants in this relationship. Since she is plus size and wont dare to wear anything but grannies I wear the sexy string bikinis and thongs.She dosen't accept the fact that I wear panties but she tolerates it. I just think she's jealous that I'm thin and and look sexy in them while she's not..

Quote Originally Posted by Emi_ View Post
    I prefer jeans to skirts myself. Cross-dressing isn't a rejection of my manhood - it is a rejection of what the world tells us men should be. Cross-dressing is not the one's failure to be masculine.
    Wonderful and true sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Langford View Post
    What??? No separate account for your crossdressing activities and purchases, or is that covered under the "hobbies" category along with "cars" (and according to which prioritization?)...
    Hey Leslie....clothes purchases come out of the same account as "cars"....just didn't list TG activities/buying clothes as is not a hobby for me, just part of me....

We have a "central account" that deals which pays the bills, maintenance, groceries, etc. Then we each have our own separate accounts for our "mad money"....

Chat soon,

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Hi Ilsa, I'm not sure if you mean literally or figuratively wearing the pants, or both. As for clothing itself, I wear skirts as often as my wife. Sometimes pants are more practical, but even then I choose pants which are clearly women's or just go with tights or leggings. As for relationship leadership, I strongly prefer my wife to lead. We're very clear about this. She's pointed out that her nature is definitely more masculine than mine and she enjoys leading. We discuss things, but I really enjoy her making the final decisions. Just recently, we needed to open a new investment account and she told me she'd check it out to see what's involved. She made herself "primary" and myself "joint" on the account, and I was so happy. I thrive as the submissive partner in my relationship. It isn't for everyone, but works for me.

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar

Hmm

Well, I can't say with certainty which of us 'wears the pants'... But I can definitely say that I 'wear the dress(es)'.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

its usually her. its been like 4 years plus that i have been staying home and she is doing an excellent job as the breadwinner. Yes, sometimes it get to the point where she is assertive and may be , hmm...may be it makes me want to dress.

If you mean "Who wears pants and who wears skirts?" then even though I dress only a couple times per week, my wife wears the pants 50 to 1. She has very little interest in getting pretty; her upper limit seems to business-casual. She will not wear a skirt or dress for anything less demanding than a wedding or funeral, and often not even then. That's about the same with me and a suit.

If you mean who is the more and less dominant, my wife is more dominant than I am, probably 80% to 20%. We're approaching 30 years married, and this works for us.

Since I retired I have happily taken the role of homemaker to her breadwinner. It feels "right" to dress for housecleaning, though June Cleaver is a bridge too far.
    Quarterly TG Invasions: TgDetroit.com
    Facebook: MsVal Bralt