Thread: Life’s good but why is crossdressing costing me double?

Life’s good but why is crossdressing costing me double?

The last year or so has been a rollercoaster ride. To think it was only 9 months ago that crosdressing for me consisted of underdressing at work with nothing “allowed” at home. Early this year I bought my first wig and “fully” dressed in my locked office over lunch once in a while (minus the make-up off course). Now I’ve gone out fully transformed with my wife on the odd occasion and get to visit on the fortnight. There is still a lot of trepidation there, and my wife would still prefer me to be free of crossdressing. Kudos to her though for coming an awful long way in accommodating the “un-Christian” behavior called crossdressing. From my side I try and limit the impact of all this to as little as possible on her life. Our relationship has grown immensely, and though we’ve fought more in the last twelve months than in the twelve years preceding that, we are closer than ever with a heightened understanding of each other’s plight. I never knew that fighting can be a good thing, since it clears the air. I used to think avoiding it was the way to go. Boy was I wrong!

To the next bit and the downside of “acceptance”. I used to be a bit of a scrooge, apparently not when it comes to crossdressing! I own a total of three wigs, which I will call my own. My wife (with my help) has amassed nine wigs in the same time! She has no gripes about sharing them with me though. My make-up skills are (finally!) starting to show an upward curve so I’ve started to upgrade my cosmetics away from the cheap stuff. Taking her cue from me my wife has started to follow suit, away from the budget stuff to some proper quality ones, a good thing since she’s developed some skin conditions. Friday I stopped at the shops to fill the one gap in my closet: the LBD since we’re planning on going to a ballet (yes you would never get guy me there!). I bought her a similar one too, we call them our “scuba dresses”, you will see why when we post pictures. She wanted to see the other options so we went there again on Saturday. We walked out of there with another two dresses (for her) but she kept the one I chose (knew I had good taste!). A small price to pay seeing as my “scuba dress” will require some adjustments and I got to see her in a bandage dress. (She’s definitely getting one of those soon). She’s also scaled some of my tops, but it’s all good, they would probably only be worn once a year otherwise.

I was a bit under the weather over the weekend and started making some funny noises to clear my throat so I go:

“I think I may be changing into a vintage car”.
    “Which one?” she enquires.
    “A model-T (Ford)” I replied innocently.

It was her who drew the connection.
    Last edited by Jenny Elwood; 08-25-2014 at 04:19 PM.

South Africa, where the lions walk the streets ;)
    I must admit, my dearest model T, that I start to enjoy some parts of having a CD husband.... a woman's got to do what a woman's got to do

And afterall.... I can't handle it to NOT be the prettier lady in the house....
    Got overwhelmed by the BLUE Fog....

Welcome to my world sweetie! My wife and I go out in matching outfits. It's silly, but we have a lot of fun with it. However, as you say, if I want/need a new garment, I really need two. We spend a lot of time looking for things that come in both of our sizes and forget the clearance racks. Now if I were to drop two or three dress sizes...

Hug
    Rita
    A person should wear what he likes to. And not just what other folks say. A person should be who she likes to. A person's a person that way!
    ~Marlo Thomas~

Platinum Member
    Hi Jenny & Lidea, It really sounds like you have a wonderful loving relationship.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I guess we are all who we are. Personally at this point in my life if I have the chance to CD or be with and romance my lady, it's kind of a no brainer going with the last one. With myself it's kind of winding down to a "nice to have" rather than a necessity. I wish the both of you well Jenny.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I know I've written this before but crossdressing isn't for the faint of wallet. Stay solvent!

Consider two GG friends. If one stops to shop at the Lancôme counter the other one is exposed to the same information, will try the same products, and is likely to buy something for herself. It's the same with any shopping situation.

I have the same situation with Mimi. She's introduced me to some things, I've introduced her to others. We go shopping together far more than we went separately and naturally buy more things. It's just a natural consequence.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Read only
    Jenny, keep in mind that you can not make up for lost time. Don't try. Buy smart.

Hi guys... uhm girls.

Just trying to "complain" a bit tongue-in-cheek. A bigger concern is that I have all this nice stuff that I never get to wear. Well almost never. Still too much for the wife though. (check out her thread, something to do with progression I think). Isn't this supposed to be a CD'ers support forum? Why has she got more support (and replies!) since she posted after I did last night?

Don't take me too seriously though we're all good. And I like to stir things up a bit.
    Last edited by Jenny Elwood; 08-26-2014 at 02:47 AM.

Jenny - it's a great story that you can share so much with Lidea - that has to be the defining aspect of any relationship and I am deeply envious of those that do, but of course we who don't share, don't have to worry quite as much about the wallet perspective... Swings and roundabouts, I guess...

What I feel I have to ask a question about because I have seen similar comments on the forum before, is this comment:
    ..we’re planning on going to a ballet (yes you would never get guy me there!)...
    Forgive me, but I just do not understand why it would be possible to go to a ballet en femme but not as a male...?

Is there some barrier between being cultured and masculine...? I just don't get that - either you want to experience art, as a person, or you don't - I can't see how it matters how you present or what you wear...? Or was that tongue in cheek as well...?

Just curious.... and classical or contemporary....?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Hi Katey.

Thanks for showing some support. (and getting that response count up).

You are of course right. I was more implying it in a historical sense. I'll be honest in saying I don't have a cultured background. I'm a Boertjie (Afrikaner), not many of us do, but I am working on it. Just because we invented "Apartheid" does not mean that we should not embrace culture as well. I am (as a complete person) slowly gravitating away from traditional pursuits such as rugby/cricket/sport to some more cultured ones, which is not to say I don't still like slaying the Brits/Aussies/New Zealanders on the modern day pitches of war. (More on that coming soon ). I'm sure I will enjoy a ballet in male mode as well, and we will do that soon enough since my wife would much prefer it that way. I hope that answers your question adequately, a good one as per usual.

Concerning the modern/classical question, I had to look it up (of course). So here goes:

La Bayadère

A Classical Ballet in Two Acts

Applauded as one of the greatest of the 19th century ballet classics, on a par with Swan Lake and The Sleeping Beauty, La Bayadère is a saga of love, betrayal and revenge played out against the splendours of the palaces and temples of Ancient India. The ballet tells the story of Nikiya, an Indian temple dancer, and her doomed love for the warrior, Solor. Brimming with great classical dancing, La Bayadère is ballet in the grand tradition. Not seen in South Africa since the 1990s, Joburg Ballet’s glittering new production of La Bayadère, marking a first for the company, will be staged by international ballet producer, Mario Gallizzi from Argentina.[/QUOTE
    Last edited by Jenny Elwood; 08-26-2014 at 06:59 AM.

Banned Read only
    Jenny, Jenny, Jenny, you really know how to stir the pot. Most of the worlds retail markets are in fragile condition. Who do you suppose keeps them afloat? GGs and Trans people of course. Do not think of it as costing you so much. Think of it as keeping the world financially stable.

Cool..

Tip for a beginner then: Don't try to understand or overthink anything - just sit back, try to feel the passion of the dancers and what they are projecting, and lose yourself in their performance of the story...

Works for me... I hope you both have a great time...

Katey x
    Stefani Germanotta

Daniella Argento
    Hi everyone
    So, as a South African male who does attend ballet from time to time (by no means regular as it is pricey) all I can say is that going to the ballet as a male is decidedly uncomfortable here.
    Very few men are present. Basically a female event with the odd husband who has been forced by his wife to attend and the even smaller number of genuinely interested men.
    I think I may go en femme one day would feel more comfortable I suspect.
    Let us know how it goes Jenny we may join you next time :-)

Hi there Jenny .

So a little shovel stirrrrrring ...a....take us Kiwi,s on and we can take it and give it back as well ,

oh..... and by the way if i get stuck ill bring my OZ,e mate.s over .......

...noeleena...

Daniella the invitation still stands, but I understand if you are not ready to enter into the "normal" world yet, I have my own trepidations. The question that begs answering is: Are we actually getting the male count up?

Noeleena I think it's about time to get the traditional rivalry going good and proper again. The All Blacks have had the wood on us for far too long. I'm planning something for "Jenny Night" this weekend to get the banter going. You are not supposed to side with those wide-eyed Wallabies though, give them stick after their woeful performance this past weekend, they deserve it.

Jorja I think I've done my bit to save the world's finances for now, until that next nice dress comes along that is...
    Last edited by Jenny Elwood; 08-26-2014 at 06:26 AM.

Daniella, Jenny - not to derail your thread but I think this should give some folks here a better idea of the nature of conservatism in your social environment.

There's no distinction in attendees at any sort of theatre or ballet in the UK.... even in the provincial theatres, performing art is not seen as the province of either females or the effeminate. I'm sure that's true of most metropolitan areas in the western world... can't speak on behalf of other provincial regions, though...

If everyone can imagine the type of environment where men are deterred from attending performing arts... I think that's scarily illustrative of how badly men presenting as female must be perceived... I still think you're very courageous, but in context, Joburg Ballet is probably what would be regarded as a 'safe' venue for TG folk...

(And your post count is growing too... )

Katey x
    Stefani Germanotta