Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Gender confusion comes from the devil"

"Gender confusion comes from the devil"

Since this is my post #666, I thought I'd have to start a thread about the devil, and how it relates to the TG spectrum.

I used to consult a psychic, who turned out to be a complete drag on me. I was desperate to talk to someone for help about my gender issues, and the psychic completely turned a blind eye. When I finally got the courage to talk to her about my gender issues last year on August 8, she yelled and screamed at me a lot of horrible things, including that "Gender confusion comes from the devil, not from God. Why can't people just accept the gender that they're born as." In fact, I'd swear to God that the way she was yelling and screaming was as if she was the devil herself. Three days later, I fired her. I begun to seek real help, from this forum, a TG support group, and a therapist, and am now starting my transition. I am now 25 days on HRT.

The funny thing is, that there are people who believe that psychics come from the devil.

I personally believe there is no such thing as the devil, although I do believe in God.

Edit: I just realized that the word devil is actually d + evil. I wonder if that's a coincidence, or was done on purpose.
    Last edited by Michelle789; 08-25-2014 at 10:56 PM.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Asking questions of a therapist and not a psychic seems a much better idea the advice should be a lot better.

There is a Devil, see ...
    Last edited by Katey888; 08-26-2014 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

Sounds like she was a big waste of money and time Michelle. Cooky people crack me up with their "everything I don't understand is the devil" lines. Glad you got some real help.
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

evil + D = Devil
    Good - o = God
    Unfortunately probably only works in the English language and non of the hundreds of others.

Psychics consult with dead people around us (and deals with their issues)
    Therapist consult with living people (and deals with their issues).

Point being, if a dead person has gender issues - use a psychic, if a live person has issues, consult a therapist

Glad your on the right track now
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I dunno. Definitely think you were right to fire her.
    I have a bit of a problem associating this psychic's statements. Mainly as in my thought, organized religion/beliefs wouldn't be normal thought for 'psychic' individuals. Religion's scoffed and outright claimed heresy and witchcraft of psychics to trying to burn them at the steak. Yet she, a psychic, would claim devil-ness on something as simple as gender?
    Now, this is my own philosophy.
    I've got no tolerance for closed-minded views organized religion is pushing regarding gender, transgender, and sexuality. I feel it's all just a control, or at least that the wise teachings of prophets are being used to control others. (So many wars thru the years caused by this too..). When I left home at 18, I said goodbye to that, and explored things in the psychic and new age-ish realms in my 20's. I actually gained my own slight ability at one time to sense other energies, and had some good experiences with that. Wish I'd continued with it. But in some ways I've thought of the 'devil' as yet another 'construct'..manufactured for the controlling fear aspect of religion. Not to say there can't be "evil" beings,energies,etc but you gotta have something to be the "threat" in religion..."don't do this or the devil'l get ya".

Now, I currently am doing therapy myself...just started. I've got some good explanations for a lot of my life even out of just a couple weeks of talks. I may be taking a similar path as you actually. And have seen your talk on this in the other forum.
    Glad you did that.
    Oddly enough, psychics came up in my last talk with the therapist...there's one just up the road from me

(Then there's that other question that nags at me about psychics...how come they never can figure out the lottery numbers for themselves? Never see rich psychics out there doing work, or hear that the lottery winners are all psychics-and if you claim they can only benefit others, well why don't they just pair up with another psychic and read each other's lotteries )
    Last edited by KaceyR; 08-26-2014 at 12:20 AM.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle789 View Post
    The funny thing is, that there are people who believe that psychics come from the devil.
    You said it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post

Point being, if a dead person has gender issues - use a psychic, if a live person has issues, consult a therapist
    Nailed it.
    I'm done for the day.

Why anyone would take advice from anyone not trained in the matter in which they are asking advice for is beyond me.
    Rest assured, I won't be seeing my mechanic about the best tax free ISA accounts.
    Samantha -x-

Quote Originally Posted by KaceyR View Post
    I have a bit of a problem associating this psychic's statements. Mainly as in my thought, organized religion/beliefs wouldn't be normal thought for 'psychic' individuals. Religion's scoffed and outright claimed heresy and witchcraft of psychics to trying to burn them at the steak. Yet she, a psychic, would claim devil-ness on something as simple as gender?
    Now, this is my own philosophy.
    Radical feminists and Southern Baptists hate each other. Yet both hate trans people. And I'm sure a very tiny few R.F. are S.B.

Quote Originally Posted by KaceyR View Post
    (Then there's that other question that nags at me about psychics...how come they never can figure out the lottery numbers for themselves? Never see rich psychics out there doing work, or hear that the lottery winners are all psychics-and if you claim they can only benefit others, well why don't they just pair up with another psychic and read each other's lotteries )
    That is a very interesting question. And another one is why don't most lottery winners become psychics? "I can predict the winning lottery numbers - pay me $2000, and we'll split the jackpot 50/50."
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

"Gender confusion comes from the devil, not from God. Why can't people just accept the gender that they're born as."

I did! God made me a woman, and I was born as a woman. It's the man's body that really pissed me off.

Hmmm, Geraldine (Flip Wilson) used to say: "The Devil made me do it." Go figure!
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Confusion is known to be one of the devil's tools. Knowing the absolute truth about any given subject doesn't always happen. Sometimes we think we know the truth, but maybe we don't. The psychic is probably the one that's confusing you. You know your own thoughts and feelings right?

Maybe it's better to think in terms of evil rather than the devil. Evil definitely exists. Countries are at war around the world because of greed, lack of understanding, pride etc. Killing innocent people is evil. Taking advantage of others certainly isn't good either.

A law of nature: The universe is made up of positive and negative energy. This has been proven by science. I believe that no human is perfectly good. We all have negative as well as positive thoughts just as the universe has +/- energy. It's a good idea to be aware of negative thoughts and not let them take over in imagination.

Now that we've taken a look at the big picture, is being transgendered evil? The human brain is a very complicated organ. "Psychics" have no business messing with it.

Reality Check
    I've never understood why psychics don't winn big on the lottery or become rich deciding which stocks to buy. I mean you would only have to "work" one day in your life to become a millionaire.

I think psychics are total BS.

Well, the devil does wear Prada... Just saying.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

People tell you crazy sh*t, which is a foregone conclusion with psychics.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle789 View Post
    Edit: I just realized that the word devil is actually d + evil. I wonder if that's a coincidence, or was done on purpose.
    Happy coincidence. The two words were drawn from different languages with slightly different meanings. The original English spelling was different as well.

Psychics can't tell everything about a person unless they have an intuition based on the information you give them. Most tell you what you want to hear to support you in your goals in life. When given the encouragement to go make more money, move, quit your job...you do. My word, they were right. Now they have you convinced.
    Evil is in every aspect of our lives. Yinyang, black/white, right or wrong. Each of these have a middle ground where we spend a lot of our time. All of this is relative, as right or wrong is a general sense of what each individual holds to their values. My middle, may be different than another's but if there is no harm being done to anyone, and I am not treating anyone different than I would want to be treated, how wrong is it?

I just want to know why you have to tell psychics all this stuff about yourself...seems they should know it already.
    Also, how come they never win the lottery????
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

When you go to a magic show, you know everything is fake, right? Psychics are just magicians with a different name. (I do magic myself, so I can speak with some authority on this subject.) You can buy books that tell you how to perform magic tricks, and you can buy books to tell you how to become a psychic. If you enjoy going to psychics, by all means do it. But don't expect anything more than a good show.

As one old soul rock song said, "The devil in the blue dress!" Look out for that blue dress!

Silver Member
    How can you take someone seriously, who on one hand points to the Bible and says you are a sinner for being TS, but at the same time ignores the fact she is an obvious sinner given she is scamming people out of their money.

You wouldn't waste your time playing Three Card Monte on the street because it is an obvious scam, why on earth would you waste your money on a street hustling "psychic"?
    Last edited by Vickie_CDTV; 08-26-2014 at 01:26 PM.

According to the very conservative Catholic Answers website CD'ing is not sin. Over the years they have sateted this many times.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Ok don't go near psychics, the majority are scammers and others are simply good at reading people and some seem to have a genuine ability of some sort.
    That is a very interesting question. And another one is why don't most lottery winners become psychics? "I can predict the winning lottery numbers - pay me $2000, and we'll split the jackpot 50/50."
    There is some suggestion that you can only predict a negative. That's why I don't dismiss all psychic predictions, not least because I had an experience at least twice where I knew something bad was going to happen or was happening. I can no more explain it than prove it. So you really need a psychic who can predict which numbers won't come up! That's a bit more tricky!

As for the devil, it's merely an invention like Santa Claus and the Easter bunny.

I could go further but attacking people's genuine beliefs is not my thing.

@mariehart

You're spot on. So called psychic abilities are psychics ability to read people, and pick up on their energy. The read energy, and know a little psychology to be able to manipulate people and make predictions. Chances are when she first met me, she read me as being gay (or trans or "gender confused"), and was able to figure out a bunch of things based on my behavior, language, mannerisms, and what I already told her about myself. I believe she told me what I wanted to hear to get me roped in. She then tells me what I don't want to hear, to get me really scared. Then she offers me a solution to my problems. Give me some $$$ and I can fix this. Then she repeats the same pattern.

When I first met her in 2008, she told me that I was "half man, half woman". The first thought that ran through my head at that moment was "man on the outside, woman on the inside". I also had flashbacks to childhood gender dysphoric moments, but at that time I wasn't ready to deal with it. I thought I could try to live a normal male life and CD privately when I had free time.

I believe she is homophobic and transphobic, and probably thought that gender confused or gay me was simply a man who had a few screws lose and that could be corrected, while feeding into her scam. She also twice blamed Obama's re-election on gays and lesbians, indicating to me that she doesn't like LGBT people. It wasn't the part that she hated Obama, but blaming his re-election on gays and lesbians that indicated to me that she's homophobic (and probably transphobic too). When she told me that gender confusion comes from the devil, that made it very clear that she is transphobic too.

So I believe a combination of a scam plus her own homophobic and transphobic believes caused her to act out the way she did. Also I read an article about gypsy scam artists, and what I learned is that the scam runs in the families. Typically the women in the families perpetuate the scam generation after generation. I know for fact that her mother in law is also a psychic, and suspect her mother may have been one as well, and wouldn't be surprised if one or both of her daughters continue to perpetuate the scam some day.

Perhaps she really hates her lifestyle, and felt that women in her family have no choice but to be psychics. Maybe she hates perpetuating a psychic scam. Hence why she also told me how being a woman sucks. Even though there may be some truth to that statement - lots of women might say that sometimes - there's lots of male privilege in this world and women have historically been treated as second class citizens, and we still have a long way to go to achieving equality between men and women, most women wouldn't trade in their life as a woman for the life of a man. No amount of male privilege can do that. But my guess is she might really hate the choices women have in her gypsy clan. Maybe she is gender dysphoric herself. Maybe her husband or son is gender dysphoric. God only knows.

In reality, most psychics are simply good at reading people and what vibes they give off. They can't actually make predictions. There so-called predictions are based on people's behavioral patterns. For example, if a couple goes in to see a psychic, and there's an obvious lack of chemistry between a the partners, she might make a prediction that you're going to break up in the next month. That's not a prediction, but rather common sense. I bet lots of people can see a couple and sense if they're going to break up soon.

Another example is if a guy goes in and shows some behavior, speech patterns, mannerism, or otherwise vibes like there is something feminine about them, they might read you as being gay or trans. Once again, that is not a prediction, and there is no need for a psychic to tell you about that. Lots of people can figure out someone as being gay. Trans might be more difficult since fewer people know what being trans is, plus trans people often hide the fact that they're trans better than gays do.

Psychics can not predict the winning lotto numbers, because that's out of their realm. They cannot make predictions, only read people which in reality all of us can do that. We just don't trust our instincts, and look for someone with authority to tell us. When we get desperate, we might believe that a psychic is an authority figure who can tell you things about yourself that you already know but you won't trust your intuition, and the title "psychic" might make her (or his) words seem more authoritative.

I didn't know any of this back then, so I trusted her blindly. I now figured out how psychics work, and I will never put my trust in one again. In fact, I will never consult another psychic again.
    Last edited by Michelle789; 08-26-2014 at 02:54 PM.

I keep reading 'psychics' as 'physics' and I keep wondering what the problem is everyone is having with Newtonian mechanics.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

Aspiring Member
    At my core I believe the same thing. Call it religious upbringing, socialization, whatever. If you believe in God then why not the devil? These ancient texts were around and have stood the test of time far longer than I have. I'm inclined to believe there is a reason for that. I believe God intended for male and female. Something went wrong, and I do believe its author is old scratch.

Just think back to when you first started all this many of us in young childhood. And you still can't answer why? The devil seeks to destroy. How many of us have had lives destroyed families destroyed, high stress, confusion over it? I ain't trying to preach just saying think.
    Last edited by bimini1; 08-26-2014 at 04:13 PM.

@bimini1

Excuse me, you actually believe that the devil is responsible for us being CD, TG, or TS? How transphobic!

And what makes you think everyone should fit into one of two boxes assigned at birth? Do you think that African Americans should have accepted slavery, and that the devil wanted to free the slaves and give them their freedom?

Do you believe that a woman's place is the kitchen, and that the devil decided to create confusion by letting women have careers?

How racist and sexist too!

Do you believe that a person born into a non-Christian home is eternally damned to go to hell, and that if they want to convert to Christianity that they are religion confused because they cannot accept the religion, or lack of religion, assigned to them at birth by their family? Did the devil give people from non-Christian desires a desire to be a Christian?

Lives and families have been destroyed, and lots of stress has been created over gender because society tells us that it is wrong to be transgender. Maybe the devil is responsible for creating racism, sexism, transphobia, and homophobia.
    Last edited by Michelle789; 08-26-2014 at 05:25 PM.