Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comment Last Night

Comment Last Night

So my wife, who has no idea, well not much of an idea, of my desire to crossdress, asked me last night after dinner when I turned down dessert, "Why not? Are you working on your girlish figure?" All I could think to say (though I didn't!), was "How did you know?"

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Sounds like an opening to me. Never underestimate how perceptive women and, in particular, your SO, can be...at least that's my rule of thumb.

aw I totally would've probably gotten a little paranoid that she knew. but I would've playfully responded with "why, yes I am. I've got my eye on a pretty dress!"

How about "I'd like to talk with you about that."?
    Quarterly TG Invasions: TgDetroit.com
    Facebook: MsVal Bralt

Probably just an innocent jibe. Every time I wear shorts, someone will inevitably remark, "Nice legs." It is actually a sign of how society still sees gender non-conformity as the stuff of jokes worthy only of being a cheap punch line. I'd hold off on that new prom dress based on that one passing comment.
    REBEL WITHOUT A CLOSET!
    All trans* girls are NOT created equal. https://www.flickr.com/photos/emi_again/

Every now and then, like two nights ago, I'll say or do something and she'll say, "You're such a girl." But it's never in a mean way, just matter-of-fact.

When she hands me her purse while we're out shopping, I just sling it across my shoulder. She'll finish what she's doing, we'll walk to the next rack, and she'll finally remember to ask for it back. "I forgot it was my purse.

If I ever get the guts to tell her about my dressing, she won't be surprised. She won't like it, but she won't be surprised.

My guy friends say that and things like that all the time. Before you consider that an "opening", you might want to get a second indicator.

It could be just funny banter, it could be a probing comment, or it could be none of the above. You would know better than any of us. If this is the only litmus test you have regarding whether she knows or doesn't know, I think you better wait for a more definitive indicator. My two pence worth...

I doubt that it was a probing comment. I've heard the girlish figure joke a million times.

Platinum Member

A Poker Face !

Hi Stephanie, You got to know when to hold them and know when to fold them.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Stephanie,
    Joking around about my feminine side was how I eventually told my wife about my cross-dressing. When I told her I was shopping for 6 inch heels one day at the mall with her, she turned to me and said, "You are serious, aren't you?". I said "Yes". It felt so liberating. And now I paint my nails, shave my legs, wear girlie clothes and currently I am shopping for a wig. My wife just told me. "As long as you buy your own make up and nail polish because I don't want you using mine up". No problem. I get excited while I shop for girl stuff. Matter of fact, some of the employees(mostly females) at the stores I frequent for my girl stuff have gotten to know me. So long story short, it was from constantly joking about it that I finally told my wife about my cross-dressing.

Love,
    Lexi
    When I grow up,........ I want to be a girl!

It could be an off-hand remark... I have often declined food in deference to maintaining my 'girlish figure' <insert giggle here>

But an opening in Smaug's scales was all that it took. Maybe you can find a way to let her know that parts of you identify with female views and things? Don't drop it all out at once. Maybe try and find a way to let her know that you understand and identify with female issues/things as a first step?

Then after that, displaying those features might not be as jarring.

If she only thinks of you as a 'dude', only interested in 'dude' things, then your appreciation for mascara and eye-liner is going to disrupt her.

Small steps, sweetie!

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

The Mad Scientist
    For some reason that is a hot button for my SO.
    I stay away from the figure remarks and I'm better off.

Hi Ladies. Yeah, it was an interesting comment, but to be clear, I took it for just that - an off-handed remark. I don't think there was anything deeper to it, nor do I think it's the opening to take anything further (I have another one that I plan on pursuing in the near future). However, it was just interesting that most people would have just dismissed. However, it certainly got my attention, and I felt like you would appreciate it as well.

There's a big difference between "has no idea" and "not much of an idea," in my opinion. I wouldn't read much into her comment. I've heard that phrase used very often in non-CD conversation. I'd suggest letting her know about your need/desire to cross dress. Waiting only complicates things.

I would have just said "yes" and let the chips fall where they may. It was probably just a little jibe with no other meaning.

Hugs, Bria

Well, if you were eating out I can understand turning down an expensive dessert. "Honey, I'm saving up for electrolysis"

Banned Read only
    First, That is a VERY common expression. Cross dressers seem to want to read between the lines even when there are no lines. But second, what does this mean?

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieCLT View Post
    S...well not much of an idea, of my desire to crossdress, ...
    One can't half-know.

Platinum Member
    As said above, it's a common expression. Avoid reading anything into it. And if you want your wife to know, then tell her.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a colleague a long time ago. Someone joked with him about wearing pantyhose, and he said, "I don't like them because they mat down my hair." I figured he had to be a CD to make a comment like that, but I was so deep in the closet that I hd no way to discuss the topic.

This comment was almost 40 years ago, and I still remember it like it was yesterday.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I have heard that from time to time from girls at work - I usually just go with it and playfully say something like..."Of course girl, can you see a diff" and then laugh it off. Same with my wife who sometimes says I am a "prissy" guy. Hmmmm?

Reality Check
    That's a pretty common comment. I wouldn't read anything into it.

You could come back with a comment like "Yes, I'm trying to get down to a size 10" or something like that but say it in a joking manner.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Sounds like a compliment to me.

Been there. I could have written your post. And I too wonder if my response should have been different, if for no other reason than to start a discussion of something that is, at least to me. important.

Steffi said: Reminds me of a conversation I had with a colleague a long time ago. Someone joked with him about wearing pantyhose, and he said, "I don't like them because they mat down my hair."
    Sounds like he meant when robbing a bank or something.

As for Steph, if your pic is you, your figure IS rather nicely girlish.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"