Thread: Wow I think I must have come a long way...

Wow I think I must have come a long way...

I totally forgot to post on here that I was in a thrift store the other day and was trying on a too tight miniskirt in the dressing room (they are all for both sexes and kind of in the middle of the store) and a middle-aged foreign woman just opened my curtain on me right in the middle of me changing!! I was like um, sorry but I'm in here, and she kind of giggled and closed the curtain, but most significantly it really didn't bother me at all... even though i shop in semi drab/mini andro I walk around the women's areas pretty much unencumbered and so far have never even received a comment from anyone... i do admit if i have something pink or a dress or something to try on i try to put it under something more drab when i take it to the counter to get a ticket to go to the changing rooms, but not because I am embarrassed but just to keep from drawing attention from some over macho guy who might be in line or something like that as i prefer to fly below the radar as long as I can still look at what I want to look at and try on what I want... I think sometimes people don't care what you do as long as you don't shove it in their face as they might not like it or support it and I think US is a free country and they are entitled to their opinions too... it can be a little cloudy where these lines are sometimes, but I don't want to lose a good place to shop at because I have a confrontation with another customer and really I want everyone to feel comfortable at any store even if it means tucking my pink mini dress under my skinny jeans as I approach the register... maybe I am too accommodating, but compared to where I used to be I have come VERY far to even bring something fem to the register or dressing room!!

Okay well point of all this is I would like to share that even if someone rips open the dressing room door and exposes you to the store as a cute mini skirt wearing guy, no one made even one comment to me and i really didn't even feel i got a second look by anyone when I came out of the dressing room, so I hope if you are wanting to get out there are push yourself to do the things you want to don't get too crazy about all this fear of the mobs waiting for you with pitchforks and torches--I haven't seen any yet =P
    i need more shoes

Fears are always a lot worse in your head than what ends up happening in real life. Crazy how it works out that way!

Thanks for the encouragement!

you both are right on this ,I shop in thrift stores all the time . I do have one store that I will not shop at I laid a bikini bottom on the counter to pay and she gave me the most evil look ever! on the average though if you do not point yourself out most people will not even be phased by what thye saw . Then again I have read where self righteous types who worked at the store made it their duty to harrass people like us because we were trying on womens clothes or even looking at them for that matter phylis

Platinum Member
    Hi Morgan, The lady was probably too embarrassed to say anything.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!