Thread: First Daylight outing

First Daylight outing

A huge first, for me, went out in daylight. Out the door with no " boy bag " so no chicken out when the front door locked.
    Drove to my wig shop, that I've only been to in drab. What a rush, first time out of the car in the day.
    Was read right away, but he was very nice. Bought 2 more wigs, that's 6 now ( time for an intervention ). Drove around a while then.... went into Walgreens. SA nice, customers laughing, read again, but I don't care. Shopped and stood in the ever present line. Then back to drive some more and did McD drive thru. Back home in daylight, and strutted back in.
    I know to many here this small, but to me a huge step. I posted my pic in the picture section , so be honest and help me blend a little more. At least last I checked the world hasn't ended.
    XXX Char

No small steps - well done

Congratta

Congratulations. The more you get out, the easier it becomes.

Daylight rocks! To me, every trip out the door spells "freedom." So, now that you can go anywhere you want, where are you going to go?

Congratulations! Anytime out in the world is great but daylight is the ultimate experience.

Congrats good for you!

Tina
    I don't believe in pessimism. If something doesn't come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it's going to rain, it will.

Lovely darlin,
    The first of many great experiences. Hugs & Best Wishes.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

That's big, really big, and I congratulate you. First for getting out, and second for getting read without running for cover.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Dont dismiss it girl, its a really big deal. I think everyone posts when they have their first time out. I havnt yet but am sure ill post about it here. It sounds like things went smooth, so congrats. Its helpful to us rookies to know how first outings go.

Charlene,
    Just a small step but a biggie for you.
    Good work.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congrats!
    The first time out in the daytime is THE hardest thing to do next to outing yourself.
    Going out gets a little bit easier every time you do it

Welcome to the 'daywalker' club. Not many of us venture into the light. I remember my first time and it was a blast.... in time, the thrill will fade... a little at a time... and then you'll just be another lady out doing errands...

Renne.....

Platinum Member
    Sounds like a good start to me. Congratulations!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The 1st daylight out is so nerve racking... but in time you will get used to it. Havent seen your pic, but confidence in the situation and you appearance is key. Not all, but key. Congrats!
    Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Congratulations. I still remember how scary my first time out in daylight was.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Thanks for all the support girls. This is an awesome group.
    XX

Congratulations Charlene!! Don't sell yourself short, that is a huge step. I wish I could make it, maybe someday. Thanks for sharing.

That IS huge, and no boy bag, very brave!! First time out in daylight for me, it took me 10 minutes to get out of the car, and when I finally got home, my nerves caught up to me and I almost vomited. But it was soooo worth it!!

Congrats!!!

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Charlene,

As others have said there is no such thing as "being small" when it comes to facing the world "en femme" . . . you did well and should be very proud. Getting past the front door is hard enough, surviving first contact (being read) and coming away unscathed in your own opinion of yourself is a big thing. It will only get easier and if you take the same attitude "meh, I'll get read but who cares" you will be fine and soon all the giggles, guffaws and chuckles will be nothing but background noise.

Hugs

Isha

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Good for you it is very nerve racking for sure but as you did and others say you just have to own it and be yourself,

Thanks for all the support, this sight is so wonderful .