Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you're not going out, what do you do?

If you're not going out, what do you do?

Okay, mostly, I don't go full dress hardly at all. I don't know what I would do? I like sitting on the couch or maybe doing chores. I don't know what else I would do? I can't work on my car without getting dirty. Can't mow the lawn.

So what di you do if you're not going out dressed? Do you sit around all dressed up with no place to go?

Mainly clean, spend time on computer, or other things around house. Spent one day working on a puzzle just being myself. Really just about anything away from open windows...we don't have curtains or blinds on a couple street facing windows with neighbors.

Hi Lena
    Yeah that's pretty much it. Move around the house as gracefully as I can in heels, sit in my chair, venture outside and sit in my chair, go back inside change outfit and sit in my chair (I am a big fan of sitting so it would seem)
    For the past couple of months now my friend Donna and I FaceTime each other and share a bottle (or more) of wine. We have some great chats with a lot of laughs and late nights. It is a great deal of fun and seems like getting out.
    Luv
    Amanda

Gone to live my life
    Hi Lena,

If I am not going out dressed as Isha and decide to take a bit of Isha time at home it is normally without make-up . . . just wig and clothes. Normally I just spend it as I would if I were boy me . . .watching television with my wife, building computer cases and other hobbies I may enjoy.

Hugs

Isha

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    If I'm not going out...I will usually dress down and comfy in leggings, or sweats,...no heels but my hi top wedge sneakers ...take my sweet time doing makeup and experimenting....sometimes I have (Artist) dates where you treat yourself to all your favorites ...food,wine,music, etc...maybe ACTUALLY do some blog work.and get chatty with friends on facebook too. I would love to video chat with gals ( non kinky style) I think that would be fun.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    I (usually) take some pictures, then switch to casual dress with capris
    and flats and do some machine work on my lathe...being very careful not
    to break my nails. (though I do ruin one regularly... )

There's tons of stuff to do here when I'm not chatting with my friends.
    I think i'd like to go out sometimes, but i've always got a million things
    to do...and happily so. Even when I am out, i can't wait to get back
    home, so it's practically never a relaxing thing for me...lol

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Yes I pretty much dress every day in something with no makeup or wig and go about my morning just dressed comfortably
    I'm not going anywhere in full dress so if I make that effort to look my best I usually take pictures so I can improve on my look.

The Mad Scientist
    I work from home so I guess I am always wearing a variety of items in one way shape or form (the last one is a pun).
    If it's a picture day (which I have been doing the last 3 weeks) then there is more involved.

I don't need the complete package. Just a few items, and I have been trying to get into the casual female clothes lately without much success - based on pictures.

My best times are spent relaxing in the clothes I love - and still working/making money.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    There aren't really a lot of options. I can sit outside on my back deck and enjoy the air and listen to music or read. I've been known to do some writing, cooking or baking as well. There are some areas in the house with messes I really need to attend to, but usually don't. Most often, I look for new combinations of tops and skirts and sweaters and pants that will be "just the thing" the next time I do go out. The big thing is I enjoy whatever I'm doing, even if it's just sitting.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    I used to work from home. That was a crossdresser's bonanza, let me tell ya! :-)
    In the end, though, even with the dressing that gig was way too stressful.

These days I'm back in an office, so I dress less often, but when I do I sure don't wanna dress down!
    I live in a very small town, and I'm not out to the general public. We're at least 100 miles from the next reasonably sized town, so going out is just too complicated.

So what am I doing in my house with all the doors locked and the blinds shut tighter than a skeeter's tweeter?

Spending inordinate amounts of time trying to get my makeup right and take a decent picture for one thing, LOL.
    But mostly I like to write music when I have Amy time. It ain't always great, but it's something to do besides the dishes, which I have done in heels and stockings and the whole 9 ... LOL (who here hasn't, I'm guessing? LOL)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Hi Lena

I don't get dressed. That's what I do. Nothing. I don't think of my comfy clothes as anything other then my clothes so I don't think of it as dressing. Sure they are capris and cute sneakers. But I wear them outdid inside top side etc so it's just my normal dangly wear. That's all. I used to. But it got boring quick. Plus it's a lot of work for no apparent benefit.

Cheers
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Platinum Member
    I do everything I might otherwise do. It's just living for me. I'm dressed whenever I can be, fully so. And that's true if I'm heading to Starbucks, the mall, working from home or just sitting on the patio relaxing.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Haha, I've been out in the garage all night working on a MGB. Dang, I missed a Daisy Duke opportunity.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Enjoy feeling pretty...sometimes by myself, sometimes with my wife. And building up for a first public outing, hopefully this year...

For me an ideal day is spent at home en femme. While at home, I spend a lot of time on the computer, talking to my wife, doing chores and sometimes phone calling. I hate going out because that means boy clothes again and I just don't feel right in them. That's hard on my wife who doesn't get out much. My long term goal is go out with her as myself but I'm still working on how to achieve that living in a condo with no car.
    My career is in retailing but my soul is in writing

It depends on things like if my SO is around. If I'm dressed when she's around, I'll spend time with her either watching movies or playing video games. Other times I'll just mess around on the computer. Honestly, I'm getting bored being at home all the time. All the time I put into getting ready and I don't leave the house. I have been getting the urge to go out I just worry about the neighbors seeing me.

Makeup addict!
    Just hang around, maybe read or play video games or watch a show or movie

Hi Lena, I dress as much as possible and my wife is fully accepting, if I am dressed what do I do well I do whatever needs doing, be it the laundry, the cleaning the cooking, popping round the neighbours for a coffee and a chat, feeding the cats, generally whatever needs doing I am just doing it en-femme, just like a normal female would.

Clean, laundry, iron, lots of tidying up, read, watch TV/movies/youtube, work on my trains & computers, play with my birds, listen to my stereo & sing along with the songs I love, fix/repair broken things around the house, call people who are too far away to just visit spontaneously, play chess/cards/flight sims online. Mostly while dressed in simple top and skirt, school uniform style. It just sort of feels normal to be wearing that during the daytime. Sometimes spend the afternoon playing with make up and nail polish, reading seventeen or some young adult girl fiction.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 10-02-2014 at 12:15 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Just being en femme for a while is fun, and I spend a lot of it taking pics (it takes a lot to get a good one).
    But half the fun is GETTING en femme. I love the transformation process, and take my time, enjoying every minute of the hour-and-a-half or so it takes.

Hi Lena,

My dressing is strictly in the home, with a tolerant wife. When I dress up I love to cook - either for my wife and me, or just for myself. Either way I'll prepare an elegant candlelight dinner with, excellent food, wine and music. Afterward I love to dance, by myself since my wife doesn't wish to participate. In summer, a midnight, starlight swim in our pool is wonderful. Over all, my girl side likes to be appreciated and treated well - even if it is only by myself.

Since dressing is a tool I use to relax and just be me, the stress of going out dressed and dealing with people is not very attractive to me.

Cheers,
    Vale

Banned Read only
    My back yard is very private and secure. If the weather is nice I will eat my breakfast or lunch and read my newspaper outside. I tend the flower gardens. Inside? Whatever a traditional June Cleaver woman would do or a stay at home man: vacuum, laundry, ironing, baking, meal preparation, clean the fridge, etc. Sometimes I wonder if my working wife has figured out when I spend the day en femme by the amount of domestic chores I've done? Part of emulating a woman is not act like a man and sit around and make comments about how the house looks. I just get off my pantied ass and do it. I don't even need a French maid's outfit to do it.

Banned Read only
    Mowing the lawn would be fun for me and the neighbours ! I set the easel up and paint or just do household jobs and cook or sneak a bit of sunbathing in the garden ! Can't just sit around it's so much nicer doing the jobs dressed !

Gold Member
    I do get dressed about once a week; And yes I say in the "Closet"
    Besides doing House Work, I go down into me Cabinet Shop and
    work on some project I am doing. I generally wear a Jean Skirt and
    a top, with bra and forms. I do under dress most of the time, as I wear
    panties 24/7 and womans jeans, bra, with a mans shirt, Polo style
    with multi colors as to not see the bra underneath. It has seem to work
    well as I have had no comets on me wearing a bra.
    Rader

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Just being en femme for a while is fun, and I spend a lot of it taking pics (it takes a lot to get a good one).
    But half the fun is GETTING en femme. I love the transformation process, and take my time, enjoying every minute of the hour-and-a-half or so it takes.
    This about covers it for me, too