Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make that "Most Manly Thing Done While Dressed"

Make that "Most Manly Thing Done While Dressed"

What "manly" thing have you done or thought about doing while dressed?

The reason I ask is I've been having an urge to dress up in a really pretty minidress with minipetticoat, dark nylons, saddle shoes (okay, or heels), makeup, maybe pigtails, and everything and then do something manly in public but in a feminine way. I guess I'm addicted to contradictions.

The most manly thing I can think of is lifting weights in some way. I think what I'd like to do is split wood with an axe. Really big wood. I can do that. I'd like it to be part of a play. I'll have to write a script for it.

Anyone got other answers?

I haven't looked at the manly under dressed thread. Maybe everything's already been thought of there. Maybe the theme is wearing thin. But if this thread gets one reply mentioning an even better manly thing to do while dressed, it'll be worth it.
    Popular Mechanics has this list of top ten manly jobs:

Bladesmith/Blacksmith
    Stuntman
    Baseball Bat Maker [and User?]
    Mechanic [That's dirty work; I'd have to wear an overdress.]
    Grand Canyon River Guide
    Soldier [blah!] [or Cop?]
    Demolition Blaster [or Wall Smasher?]
    Fisherman
    Distilleryman
    Astronaut [Boobs are said to stand out in space; no gravity to make em sag.]

Which of those would you like to do or see done dressed?

Or what other job?
    Last edited by Lorileah; 09-04-2014 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Merged posts into one, you can edit your previous post when adding things
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

I took a power saw to some boards that were blocking a pipe we need to get replaced.
    Call me Ginger Jameson - Jenna's younger, cockier sister

The wife and I got dolled up to go out to eat. We got in my car to go. Got lost and I refused to ask for directions. Because I KNEW where the restaurant was I didn't need to ask any stinking directions. OK so that answers your first question. now the second. That would be nothing in particular. Wear the right clothes for the right job. Use the right tool for the job.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Quote Originally Posted by 2B Natasha View Post
    Got lost and I refused to ask for directions. Because I KNEW where the restaurant was I didn't need to ask any stinking directions.
    LOL.... Yeah that one has to be #1 on my list.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I once went to a Dallas Cowboy training camp practice en femme.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Let's see. I have a couple. Worked on installing our kitchen while enfemme.

Also have spent a few afternoons enfemme drinking a beer or two while watching football.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    I dressed in women's jeans, blouse and tennis shoes and mowed the lawn on a sunny Tuesday morning.
    I walked behind the self propelled mower and, halfway through, my next door neighbors came home.
    I wanted to run but kept on mowing. When they looked over I waved and they waved back.
    It was scary and fun at the same time.
    But I only did it that one time, which was more than enough.
    To answer your question, I don't think it counts unless your doing the "manly" thing out in public.

I think driving a pick-up truck is about as macho/femme as it gets for me.

I suppose changing the oil on my sports car in a full femme ball gown, might be fun!
    Wearing a polka dot bikini in high heels and driving a speed boat over some waves might give me a thrill.
    The ultimate would be working a construction site as a steel beam riveter, wearing a ballet outfit with hardhat and tool belt!!!!
    Imagine if, no one would mind or seem to care...like it was a natural thing for a guy to wear?!?!?
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Silver Member
    Firefighting while underdressed! They haven't come up a women's version of our protective gear ...yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    Firefighting while underdressed! They haven't come up a women's version of our protective gear ...yet!
    Here's a woman firefighter uniform: http://www.fancy-dress-forever.co.uk...mal/7463_a.jpg

For those who say they watched football and say watching football is masculine. I also watch the NFL
    I have GG friends who love wearing lipstick and nail polish and everything else and who are totally feminine, who watch wrestling. Sports is not necessarly masculine. To me: Sports in order to be deemed masculine has to have a element of physical danger. OOPS , women also sky dive.
    Marilyn Monroe says "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it".
    and I wish I was born a woman

Quote Originally Posted by candykowal View Post
    The ultimate would be working a construction site as a steel beam riveter, wearing a ballet outfit with hardhat and tool belt!!!!
    Imagine if, no one would mind or seem to care...like it was a natural thing for a guy to wear?!?!?
    Wonder what OSHA would think of this one.

When i lived in Tacoma washington, before having to move back here, in Illinois, In 2005, my second day outside dressed, full of pink fog, I parked at a little park in Seattle, then walked around for a bout a half hour, then noticed a car parked next to mine. I finally returnned, to find the family in that car were not able tostart their car. The father approached me, and asked if i could jump the battery, and i said yes. he then told his kids not to look! I jumped his battery, it started, and they were gone. I was dressed in a short black and white dress, navy hose and four inch black patent heels. An eye full!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I cleared an eight foot wall while wearing high heels, a tight skirt and stockings. I went out for a little walk wearing my new Christmas outfit on Xmas eve when everyone else was at church or supposed to be. My teenage brother skipped it and when I came back he and his buddies were hanging around at our gate. I walked past them in a panic and went round the back. The only way in was over the wall. I guess the adrenalin did it. I couldn't do it now if you chased me with a Rottweiler.

My car once overheated while I was dressed and I found myself with bonnet open wondering what the hell was happening. That's hood to you on the other side of the pond. Although bonnet does sound rather feminine! Luckily I didn't have to do any macho car repair or call for any anyone. I got to my destination and my 'friend' topped up my radiator.

Truth be told I avoid any form of macho expression even in male mode.

Mhmm... I think the most manly things I've done are...
    1- Learning to walk in high heels dressed & looking like a Ruby Player trying to walk in heels - never a good look for anyone.
    I'm happy to say I can walk in heels now quite safely
    2- Being all dressed up and not putting on the female voice... Nothing worse for me than using my real voice instead on Kitty's voice.

I go out with my friends all dressed up and I still drink pints and stuff like that, I may want to be perceived as female but I don't want to be perceived as a proper girly girl, it's just not me.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StaceyJane View Post
    I once went to a Dallas Cowboy training camp practice en femme.
    But isn't that standard for their whole team anyway? Go Saints

Digging latrines and chopping wood at Rainbow Gatherings.

Aren't we over 20th cent. gender stereotypes yet?

Why are there soooooo many 'I'm so manly" threads on a MB dedicated to gender bending?

jeez!

Get over yourselves, man - woman, whatever!

I only underdress, so many here may not count this, but I've fished, hunted, cut down trees and turned those trees into firewood while wearing a few of my favorite things.

The Mad Scientist
    My problem is that my SO says the only things manly that I do are burp and fart.
    Oh, and eat a hamburger in like 2 bites...

I had to replace wood fence posts that rotted out. I had to pry the cross members off the posts and remove the sections in the ground that were encased with concrete. To do that I used a 6 foot metal pry bar and a surveyor's hammer. Next, I put the new metal posts in and fastened them to the cross members. For each post I mixed concrete from half of an 80 lb bag of concrete and water in a wheelbarrow. Then I poured the concrete into the hole with the new post.

And I was wearing a polyester maxi-dress such as the dress in my avatar. That was much more comfortable than wearing shirt and pants.

Johanna Anna
    Last edited by JohnH; 09-06-2014 at 04:06 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Quote Originally Posted by skirtsuit View Post
    Aren't we over 20th cent. gender stereotypes yet?

Why are there soooooo many 'I'm so manly" threads on a MB dedicated to gender bending?

jeez!

Get over yourselves, man - woman, whatever!
    Well, isn't that what this is about? Breaking the stereotypes? Yes, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I only underdress, so many here may not count this, but I've fished, hunted, cut down trees and turned those trees into firewood while wearing a few of my favorite things.
    Let's see a video of that with the outerwear!

Quote Originally Posted by JohannaH View Post
    I had to replace wood fence posts that rotted out. I had to pry the cross members off the posts and remove the sections in the ground that were encased with concrete. To do that I used a 6 foot metal pry bar and a suveyor's hammer. Next, I put the new metal posts in and fastened them to the cross members. For each post I mixed concrete from half of an 80 lb bag of concrete and water in a wheelbarrow. Then I poured the concrete into the hole with the new post.

And I was wearing a polyester maxi-dress such as the dress in my avatar. That was much more comfortable than wearing shirt and pants.
    Lovely!
    Last edited by LelaK; 09-06-2014 at 01:34 AM.

I used to be a Lumberjack when I was young. Now that would be a challenge in heels and a pretty dress. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I have gone to work in winter underdressed And changed oil in both vehicles in a skirt and tank top. wife said " make sure door is locked" lol