Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whoops lip stick on coffee cup

Whoops lip stick on coffee cup

Well I had time for myself yesterday but in the rush to go out and finish some work off I realised on the way home with the kids that I put the coffee cup on the sink with lip stick all over it. Why is this a problem you say?? The problem was my wife got home before me so I was panicking all the way home thinking of what I could say if she had seen it. Lucky for me she didn't see it, marriage saved

You realize of course that if your wife had found this she would immediately suspect you of cheating on her!

While my wife supports my feminine side by agreement the children don't know and we both worry about lipstick stains on glasses and coffee mugs.

That being said, I have to be rigid and methodical when going back to guy mode so that everything is put away. My kids are observant and would catch something like that. One daughter caught me wearing eye liner from 5 fee away in poor light. (I'd done a poor job of getting it off before she returned from school)

congratulations on the danger adverted and hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kate B, It's going to happen, It's just a matter of time you are going to get careless once too often.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have and been and it has made my life miserable

Banned Read only
    I must admit I love lipstick, if I pass my wife's dressing table I often put a smear on , I sometimes put too much when I go to bed and notice the marks on the pillow in the morning and I get the long stare from the wife. The thing is the more you wear it the less people notice because they don't remember your original lip colour as long as you use a near natural shade !

Lucky break Kate...

Go and buy yourself some strawberry or cherry lip slave pronto... you can then always claim it was residue from that and for purely medicinal reasons..

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    OR.... you could gather up the courage and tell her what's going on before you get caught.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    It's unfortunate that the automatic reaction is one of panic. My wife passed away over a year ago and was supportive of my dressing, but I remain methodical in removing lipstick marks from glasses and mugs, just in case I get a visitor to the house who doesn't know. My adult kids are in that group and all have keys, so I'm with you on that one, at least until they are in on this knowledge.

The same goes for removing eye makeup and all signs of nail polish color. Sometimes I lean in very close to look in the mirror and see bits of black on my lower eyelid and wonder if it would be noticed by someone standing 3 or 4 feet away. Small flakes of color on the nail that have grown out from under the cuticle occasionally appear when I'm wearing sandals or walking around barefoot and I find myself scraping away the evidence. The thing is, when I finally get found out it will probably be from running into someone I know when I'm fully dressed or arriving home to a surprise party after a Tri-Ess function, not from signs that CSI will have to discover.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

One way to deal with lipstick smudges on coffee cups and other vessels is to simply admit openly you wear lipstick! That is what I do. I even carry lipstick in my purse, and if I feel like it I will refresh my lips with lipstick out in the open. That is even when I am in a relatively male mode - meaning I wear men's clothes (which I overwhelmingly do while out in public) while having my long hair, eye makeup, and my natural C cup breasts.

Johanna Anna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Ah the forensic clean up after a dress sesh.
    Its the little things that will eventually betray us.
    Luv
    Amanda

Platinum Member
    I'm out so that's not a big problem, but I do notice a lingering imprint even after dishwashing if I don't manually Scruggs of the lip color from the edge of the cup.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Your life is your life. I know I could not go through such efforts to hide it. Too much work, stress and worry. Takes too much of the enjoyment away. And one day it will all come crashing down anyway, far worse than if you tell.

My daughter saw some lipstick on a wine glass and asked what it was. I told her that I had cut myself shaving, which I have done from time to time so she believed me and told me that I should be more careful.

Lucy Lou.

Oh, and having to tell lies to those who I am closest to....

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Here is a blog post I did on the subject.. I will cut and paste it......

So you spent the day dressed but your roommate,family,wife,girlfriend is coming home and nobody knows your little secret...here are a couple of little "clues" you may be leaving behind without even knowing it.

1. Wig Hair...inspect the floor and any other place you were well to see if there are any hairs that fell out of your wig. If your wig is your natural hair color no worries...but if its not......

2. Lipstick.....if you were sipping coffee...or any drink...check your glass.

3. Foundation Stains check the light switches and walls,refrigerator door etc...to see if you accidentally smeared some foundation on it. Also the towel you washed up with...and any tissues you may have used sitting very obvious at the top of the bathroom waste basket.

4. Heel Marks ..make sure your heels didn't scuff or mark up the floors.

Did I miss any?? I am sure I did these are just my personal big tell tale signs...leave a comment if you have one

Adriana,
    I can identify with that list!
    Re wig hair - remember to check & clean any hairbrush that you may have used.
    Judith

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    Here is a blog post I did on the subject.. I will cut and paste it......

So you spent the day dressed but your roommate,family,wife,girlfriend is coming home and nobody knows your little secret...here are a couple of little "clues" you may be leaving behind without even knowing it.

1. Wig Hair...inspect the floor and any other place you were well to see if there are any hairs that fell out of your wig. If your wig is your natural hair color no worries...but if its not......

2. Lipstick.....if you were sipping coffee...or any drink...check your glass.

3. Foundation Stains check the light switches and walls,refrigerator door etc...to see if you accidentally smeared some foundation on it. Also the towel you washed up with...and any tissues you may have used sitting very obvious at the top of the bathroom waste basket.

4. Heel Marks ..make sure your heels didn't scuff or mark up the floors.

Did I miss any?? I am sure I did these are just my personal big tell tale signs...leave a comment if you have one
    You forgot Rhinestone / Glitter patrol. Vacuum, Vacuum, Vacuum. Also if you wear false nails, you always end up losing one.

Tasha you are so right about false nails.
    I remember loosing one when it flicked off as it caught on a top I was taking off. I searched high and low without success. I got quite frustrated that I could find it, even looked on top of the ceiling fan blades. I could not believe that it just vanished.
    Anyway this really bugged me for months until one day recently. I was about to put on a necklace when I noticed this stick on nail attached to one of the jewels (fake jewel). This,was the necklace I wore that night and somehow the nail had attached to it.
    I worried for ages how I would explain that discovery.
    So we can get lucky Kate
    Cheers
    Amanda

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I remember once before my wife knew she came home and I had lipstick on. I thought fast and remembered a cherry Icee in the refridgerator, I got it out and started sucking on that.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Quote Originally Posted by cdtasha View Post
    You forgot Rhinestone / Glitter patrol. Vacuum, Vacuum, Vacuum. Also if you wear false nails, you always end up losing one.
    And don't forget to empty the bathroom bin for cotton buds, make up wipes, cormetic packaging, cotton balls and all other waste articles. It may even help to spray air deodorant to cover odors from nail polish remover etc.
    AND who has ever forgotten to shower to remove the smell of perfume? That can raise some questions.
    Cheers
    Amanda

The Mad Scientist
    I'm so glad that all I have to watch out for are the kids.
    Some of them are very observant.....others...well, not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Judith96a View Post
    Adriana,
    I can identify with that list!
    Re wig hair - remember to check & clean any hairbrush that you may have used.
    Judith
    Just simply grow your hair out if you can and you don't have to worry about a wig! My hair is longer than shoulder length, and in the Dallas, Texas, USA area that is quite acceptable for a man. In fact, for individuals over 60 years of age who have long hair odds are the individual is a man rather than a woman. Not very many women over 60 have long hair.

Johanna Anna

Glitter almost gave me away last week. I had laid down on the bed for a little while in a dress I was wearing for the first time. I put everything away and did my normal check to make sure nothing had been left out. Later in the even when I went upstairs the comfort and pillow were sparkling from the small glitter flakes that had come off. By this time my wife was home and I was trying to figure out how to remove it without making a lot of noise. Fortunately a lint roller was available.

It was also interesting that evening that my wife had called me to say they were sending her home from work early and that she was leaving then and didn't want to surprise me. Not sure what she thought I would be doing.

My first wife found a soda can in the recycling bin with lipstick prints on it. She immediately conjured up the name of a coworker of mine that she thought I was having an affair with. I had to fess up. That was bad. Not too long after that she decided she'd been robbed of the man she thought she knew. So that marriage went down the tubes.

Atlantic Canadian Girl JulieMcKie's Avatar
    Sounds like a great reason to go shopping for a new lip stain or lipstick that won't transfer to your cup! Watch out for stray wig hairs too, those things can turn up at any time.
    Just be yourself. You are the only you out there so be the best you that you can be.