Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The timie you bought your first ????

I bought my first bra plus foam forms online about 8 years ago from the BreastFormStore.com I've only bought sleepwear in person. I admire those you of you who are brave enough to buy lingerie in person!

My first girl purchase was a mistake. Saw a great pair of jeans and bought them. I was about 12. Then found out they were feminine. Oh well wore them anyway so not to noticeable. Fast forward, last trip to Payless in girl shirt and cute flats.
    XX
    Char

What a great thread. Since I am an older member it is hard to remember the exact details of my first purchase but it was panties at a KMart store. Flowered bikini panties from the discount bin. I was so embarrassed going through the checkout but nothing was said by the cashier.

After that is was from department stores when I was traveling on business.

My most memorable purchase was about a year and a half ago after my wife became accepting. We were in a local consignment store and I jokingly picked out a cute denim skirt and asked the wife what she thought. She took one look and went to a different rack and picked out a different style denim skirt and said try them both on and see which one you like. I surprised her by doing just that. I remember the girl at the dressing rooms not even flinching when I showed her what I had and she pointed me to a dressing room. Of course the wife had the better taste and her selection did look good on me. When I came out, I gave the other skirt to the attendant and walked over to the check out and handed the girl there my selection. She offered me a shoppers card which I declined that day and she said I had chosen a nice skirt. I replied that my wife actually picked it out for me and that she knows what looks good on me. We left with my purchase and it will always be a special skirt for me.
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

my first purchase was a pair of panties and thigh highs about ten years ago.

Love the expression "one the great purges of the 80's" - as if it were instigated by Stalin himself!

It was in the late 70's or early 80's. Not sure of the exact date. They were panties and panty hose from Target.

I was fortunate to have been the same size for several teen years as my older sister (clothes AND shoes) and she had some great very high heels. It was best described as occasional dabbling in limited aspects of CDing. Things changed in my early twenties: the desire to fully transform head-to-toe, more money, and more private time and place opportunities. Scared as heck, I started buying things in stores. Had to have them.

The first thing I bought was a basque and stockings. A few different times and then after many years I went on to buying more. Now I buy whatever I want, either on line or in a shop and i don't care if someone thinks anything of me after I have left.

Lucy Lou xx

my first was a pair of shoes. I stood at the register and was positive everyone knew they were for me. No one said anything but I also had that feeling said by someone else that I felt I was buying something illegal.

Even today its an adrenaline rush buying something.

In 1967 all of my access to feminine wear disappeared. I thought to myself that I would purchase my own complete change of women's clothes. On my way to my 2nd shift job in a different city I stopped at a dimestore and bought a bra and a girdle. I then bought the following items at separate stores in yet a different city: stockings, slip, blouse, skirt and then the one that caused me the most fear was panties. It was probably the longest second shift I ever put in because of the anticipation of trying those clothes on after work.

Julie Ma'am!
    Oh, My first bras were so terrible and uncomfortable! I didn't realize how I felt until I got my first pair of heels and flats that really made some outfits.

I don't think it was unusual, back in the 60s, for men to buy most items of female clothing: dresses, skirts, blouses, stockings, etc genuinely for their wives and girlfriends. I certainly did it and plenty of others did. There were, though, some items that I don't think any man would have bought - bras, girdles, women's shoes being the most obvious (though sometimes, around Christmas perhaps, men could be seen buying fancy underwear with which to surprise or shock their beloveds). For me, therefore, it was not a problem to acquire most items and it caused me no embarrassment. I am fortunate in not being especially big, so the women's sizes I buy "for my wife" are entirely plausible. In most cases I have bought in shops with an easy returns policy so if the size turns out to be wrong it is simple to exchange the item.

The real challenge came with acquiring the underwear. Funnily enough, the first item I bought in that category was a rather attractive dark blue waist slip from a distant branch of Marks & Spencer. That was easy. It gave me the courage, not long after, to go into another M&S branch and select a firm control girdle from the rack. I also put a couple of male items into my basket and headed for the payment desk. The assistant made no comment but when she picked up the last item, the girdle, I said something like "she can change that if I've got the wrong one can't she?" to which the assistant replied "Of course. She can take it back to any branch." I was en route to a meeting and couldn't wait to get to my hotel so that I could try on the girdle with some stockings. It was fine - and I didn't need to take it back!

Over the following years I managed to buy several more girdles (though it wasn't always as straightforward). I also bought some long-line bras (saying they were for an elderly relative) and some prettier bras (taking them through a self-service checkout). I know there will be criticism from those who say there's no need for such furtiveness but everyone has different circumstances and has to go about things in the way they feel most comfortable.

The first thing I actually bought was a very sexy babydoll set from a lingerie store in Germany. It was completely never racking. I know my face was as red as a stop sign. I still get that way a little when I buy anything. I guess my size and build has a little to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by kaytrans View Post
    Love the expression "one the great purges of the 80's" - as if it were instigated by Stalin himself!
    We are known for drama!!! LOL

Thank you all for giving us this information... the C.I.A. and F.B.I. are doing a much better job at sharing information and this has been a test case in how well they all do!

Be assured, Next time you go in to buy your wife or Girlfriend something special, "We will know the real truth!"

Aspiring Member
    I was 17. This was about 1971. I took the bus into Philadelphia, and stalked the big department stores: Wanamakers, Strawbridges, Gimbels. Back in those days lots of the lingerie was in glass cases, not hanging up on racks.
    After wandering for hours I got up the nerve to walk up to a counter and tell the woman I wanted to buy a full slip, half slip and panties for my mother. I had no idea of sizes, so I had to try to describe her. The woman waiting on me seemed to thing it was sweet that I was buying lingerie for my mother; another woman there seemed to think that was wrong, or she knew it was for myself. Eventually, I got thru the long selection process, got everything boxed-up, and went home with a lovely yellow full slip, half slip, and two pair of panties.

For me it was 1985, fresh out of college and working in Chicago. I had my own apartment and therefore the privacy to begin assembling my own wardrobe. I ordered a couple of skirt suits and dresses, along with the necessary undergarments, from a JC Penney catalog. I remember filling out the form, attempting to print like a girl, and addressing it to Kimberly. Mailed it off and maybe 10 days later a big box appeared on my doorstep…it was like xmas!

My first time buying something in store occurred the next year. I was out making sales calls one morning and made a detour to TJ Maxx. It was pretty nerve wracking for me, even though the store wasn’t very crowded. I essentially grabbed two dresses that caught my eye that looked as though they might fit me and checked out. I paid cash and my hands were noticeably trembling when receiving the change, though the cashier didn’t bat an eyelash.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I can still remember that wonderful day. I bought a lace bra and knickers, together with a white nylon full slip.

Junior Member raven_crossdresser's Avatar
    Living in a conservative area, I still feel myself blush and heart pound when I buy things like the first time when I bought my first pair of heels.

First time I shopped in a store was about 20 years ago - I saw a pair of heels on offer outside a shop in my size and went in and bought them. I do remember being very nervous, and I was certainly in and out quickly -

Other than that around the same time I bought a couple of dresses in department stores "for my wife's birthday". Like a number of others, I was sure someone was going to point at me and inform the rest of the shop in a loud voice that a man was buying woman's clothes ......

Have still never felt confident enough to say they're for me.

It was my first skirt on special when I was sixteen.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My first face to face purchase was in 2010, it was a dress "for my girlfriend" (emphasize the "for my girlfriend" part) at a small clothing store in my town. Unfortunately that was a casualty along with many others in The Great Purge of 2011, I seldom speak of those days anymore...

My very first purchase was a white silk blouse and a flowered skirt. I saw each and had to own them.