Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aly Is Out For Good!

Aly Is Out For Good!

This is my very first day officially as Aly at work! Oh, you wanted to speak to Adam? I'm sorry but he's not here anymore. But Aly is here! SHE would be more than happy to help you!

Major relief!! The name isn't legally changed over yet, but my manager agreed, its time. I have been on the brink of changing for a while now. I was going to change it legally in December, but I'm thinking it might end up being sooner.

All I know is that I am up in the clouds right now. Now I just need to not ever talk again until I can my voice up to where it needs to be!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The longer I walk down this road I call a journey, the more I realize that it's not about passing or not passing. It's about being true to myself and being able to look in the mirror and say to my reflection... "Perfect"

Congratulations and best of luck to you in your future .

Platinum Member
    That's wonderful, Aly!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    That's great Aly!
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Yay! Congratulations, Aly. What are your doing to work on your voice? There's actually an app to help train your pitch for voice feminization. I haven't tried it yet, but I will when I can. As a singer, I have some idea what the hell I'm doing already, but it takes practice.

Hugs!
    I'm through accepting limits
    'Cause someone says they're so
    Some things I cannot change
    But 'til I try, I'll never know!
    - Defying Gravity from Wicked

Congrats Aly ! That is wonderful. It is great to see you so happy.

Hugs,

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Congratz Aly!

Nothing wrong with a slightly deeper, husky, feminine voice... I'm sure it will come along very quickly, especially as you have to respond as Aly now...

Keep smiling, girl!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

How wonderful! I wish you the best as you continue your amazing journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna_H View Post
    Yay! Congratulations, Aly. What are your doing to work on your voice? There's actually an app to help train your pitch for voice feminization. I haven't tried it yet, but I will when I can. As a singer, I have some idea what the hell I'm doing already, but it takes practice.

Hugs!
    I use Praat to measure my pitch frequency and resonance. The voice is supposed to be between 160-250Hz to be in the female vocal range. The resonance reader shows the quality of the actual sound. Its pretty interesting how it works. For actual lessons, someone on reedit suggested that I check out DeepStealth from GenderLife. I'll probably check that out tonight. I am really going to buckle down and focus for a good long time. The alternative is surgery and I really don't want to go that route. I hear lots of bad things related to that.
    The longer I walk down this road I call a journey, the more I realize that it's not about passing or not passing. It's about being true to myself and being able to look in the mirror and say to my reflection... "Perfect"

Quote Originally Posted by Aly Cat View Post
    I use Praat to measure my pitch frequency and resonance. The voice is supposed to be between 160-250Hz to be in the female vocal range. The resonance reader shows the quality of the actual sound. Its pretty interesting how it works. For actual lessons, someone on reedit suggested that I check out DeepStealth from GenderLife. I'll probably check that out tonight. I am really going to buckle down and focus for a good long time. The alternative is surgery and I really don't want to go that route. I hear lots of bad things related to that.
    Ah, that's interesting. I'll look into those things, too. The female voice is my favorite musical instrument, but unfortunately the surgery is way too sketchy at this point. There are some decent vids on youtube. The main thing I've found is to speak with the resonance in your head/mouth, rather than from your chest. That distinction doesn't make a lot of sense to non-singers, usually though. Even with practice I find that some syllables/sounds still hit the resonance in my chest.

It's a pain in the butt, but recording your voice and listening is also a great tool. There are good apps for that, too.
    I'm through accepting limits
    'Cause someone says they're so
    Some things I cannot change
    But 'til I try, I'll never know!
    - Defying Gravity from Wicked

Aly,

Congratulations and all the very best! How wonderful to have a supportive manager and co-workers. Onward and upward, and I'm sure the voice thing will be less of a hassle than you expect. There are any number of female voices on the radio that I find gender-indefinable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Way to go Aly! I am jealous. I am not quite ready to come out at work yet. Congratulations!
    Suzanne

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Aly I am so proud of you. I am sure it has been an interesting journey with alot of ups and downs. I wish you the absolute best and tons of happiness from here forward.
    Erica

Thank you!!! Today went great! I didnt have to talk to many people and the ones I did talk to gave no indication of anything out of the ordinary. While in the back running my monthly inventory count with my coworker, a customer came back to go to the restroom and said..."gmorning ladies". My coworker just smiled and gave me that look like....see!

The Mad Scientist
    SO happy for you Aly.
    I'd take a phone from you anytime... oh wait, I already have 9 lines on AT&T.

way to go ALY
    good luck

Aww, well thank you! Fortunately for me, I have already put in my time as a sales rep and have moved on to bigger, better (less stressful) positions. Im the Audit Nazi. I make sure products are rung out properly, keep track of all inventory, file tickets with corporate, etc. Typical back office "I run this Sh#$" position.... I like it that way!

Congratulations, this is great news. I'm very happy for you.

Aly, That is great to hear. I hope it continues to be that way.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Aly, I glad to hear it!!

Hugs, Bria

The Mad Scientist
    Yep, the only thing better than OTJ acceptance is working from home.....
    And after 15 years of it that way....I'm never going back to the office.

I am so happy that you have acceptance at work. I love following your story and journey.

OTJ acceptance is something I'll never have....but I don't really care since I work from home and only have to travel for work about 2X-3X a year. The rest of the time Wendy runs the office/bedroom dressed up in one way or another.

Platinum Member
    Hi Aly, You are just so natural and feminine looking.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Aly, that's great. I wish you the best and that your happiness continues to grow.

Congratulations, Aly! So happy for you!

Well done Aly