Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do if there were no social barriers?

I think it would first take some time to get used to the idea. Being conditioned to fear social rejection over many years does not disappear in a day. So I would start with small steps of expressing my feminine side, not only in clothes, but how I relate to people, particularly other women. I think that after some time, it would be truly liberating for me!

I would do very little different. I have broken the barriers I need to and those that still exist have very little bearing on me. I dress in female clothes daily and without question. I may have a little more versatility in what I can wear and freedom on some items but most of these do not look good on me anyhow so I probably would not wear them even if there where no social barrier in the way.

I think I'd go along with Judith's take on this...

I would definitely go out... more than once....

But I also suspect not much more frequently than I dress presently... I guess that's me being a lazy boy before I can be a girl...

What would be interesting is to see how many and who else pops out of the closet...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    Lacy I guess just wear what I want to wear when I chose ! I suppose just exercise the choice women get !

Getting out and shopping can be fun, my shoe buying experience was really enjoyable, just go for it !!

Meeting GG friends for a "Ladies Who Lunch" gossip fest in my prettiest strapless sundress.

Telling my beautician to give me "the Works".

Refreshing my lipstick, while sharing a mirror in the Ladies Room.
    I'm a Wendy and I love it!!!!

I dunno. I suspect that if all the social barriers were gone, CDing might be a little less fun. Granted, it would be liberating to be able to just mix and match, full-blown en femme or DID(depending on whether I was too lazy to do the the make-up thing)...I DO know that I wouldn't have to slip into pants to go get the mail, so THAT would be my most obvious difference.

But with total social approval, some of the joy of doing something illicit would be gone...I also think that if ALL fashions could be found in both men's and women's clothing aisle, I would still shop in the women's, because it's not just about the skirt, it's about CROSSdressing:-)...But bottom line? It would be sooooo liberating!

I remember back in the late 70's, Phil Donahue(yeah, I'm old) had a designer on who made women's clothes for men, and it was a wonderful hour. Phil even modeled a nice blue jean skirt.....And the show gave me a little bit of hope abut the changes. But back then, I also coached little league soccer, and had similar thoughts about how the sport just HAD to catch on in the State what with all the little tykes playing....35 years later, there's been a fair amount of progress and awareness, but both soccer in the US and CDing openly remain a bit of a dream...But a dudette's gotta have a dream, right?

Jaye

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

Aspiring Member
    If that included family, friends and work, I would be doing 27/7/365 days a year and would have my breast done to a C-cup

Interesting comments indeed. Yes, when I was thinking about no social barriers, I was also thinking about acceptance of family & friends. This would be difficult to imagine as there are still individuals with rather arcane attitudes about a variety of things but "society" as a whole has moved beyond those points of view.

I found it interesting that many would feel so much more at ease... liberated even if they could just "do their thing." Maybe someday, that will be the case... even if it takes a while. And finally, I found it also interesting that a few thought that crossdressing might lose a bit of its attraction if it were all of a sudden accepted w/o question. Real rebels among us, I guess.

Lacy PJs

If there weren't any social barriers; I WOULD GO OUT DRESSED ALL THE TIME, WHY WOULDN'T I?????? THERE WOULDN'T BE A "NEED" TO BE IN OR NEAR A CLOSET.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Schedule my bunionectomy, now, because I'd be in the highest heels possible, full-time!!! Oh, and throw away ALL on my boxers!

Aspiring Member
    Being home most of my time I already dress 24/7 except when I have to run errands or go to a social occasion or any shopping. It would be nice to stay dressed all the time. This would mean for me the typical attire any woman wears. Plus I'd let my hair grow long and not try to hide my breasts and wear a bra all the time. If I were to go for dinner or a social occasion let's say, I'd wear a dress. For shopping I'd wear a nice top and probably a skirt and sandals in good weather and carry my handbag. I'd present as any woman my age might. Nothing lavish or outstanding but typical attire. Because I'm losing hair I'd definitely get a wig that's right for me although the latest I have is just right. I'd love to enjoy fully living as a woman. Right now I'm almost there.

Cheryl

Stop posting in this forum, as its reason would become basically non existent. Would I dress more, or in public, yeah, probably as I am assuming no social barriers means that no one including family would have a problem with it? IDK precisely how much that would be, and so much would change besides.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

skirts and heels all the time

No social barriers? Wow, that would be great for members to not be criticized by other members for how they choose to present themselves. I'd still be a part-time CDer.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    I would throw away any semblance of "male clothes" and go full on girl mode. One can only pray for that day.
    I want to be this girl!

I would probably do all the same things I do now. Just with different attire as I do them!
    Finally decided on a name! Lindsey

"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."
    J.K. Rowling

No social barriers huh....? I'd be wearing anything and everything (but most certainly not nothing.... NO ONE wants to see that :P )

probably mostly either skirts /leggings & t-shirts, dresses (vintage 70's/80's styles, just 'cause ) i'd have my hair down more, or in more femme styles (not just in a plain (not cinnamon!) bun 99% of the time) paint my nails again (all the colors of the rainbow, maybe at the same time...

probably go back to guy stuff when i'd have to work on something messy (like on the car or whatever)

I would go full on girly mode. I cant stand man clothes or under clothes. I would never wear male clothes ever again. I would wear heels, heels and more heels.
    So when do we start????????

Love,
    Lexi V.

Id be the real me all the time.
    I just want to be a pretty girl!

That's easy. Although I am completely heterosexual, I thoroughly enjoy being dressed. While I don't believe I could foll anyone if I actually said anything (my voice is too deep). I enjoy the ability to appear as a women at first glance. There is something about it that is so comletely different from my normal appearence that is very enjoyable.

Platinum Member
    As Angie said, above, if the remaining social barriers fell, I would present as a woman full time. If pigs could fly, I would saddle one up and avoid Houston traffics.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I would be just like women now, I would wear my work clothes, dirty clothes, do all the things that need doing, and when I felt like it get dressed up. My female wardrobe is much better than my male wardrobe though.

There would be a need for a larger walk-in closet in my house. I would wear whatever the mood felt like. I suspect that my mood would include dresses or skirts more often than pants. My wife and I would have more 'girls' nights too.
    Last edited by Joanne108; 09-10-2014 at 08:13 AM.

I would maybe do very little changing except for I'd wear my outfits, maybe a bit more. I still love my guy things so I'd wear my guy clothes doing those things and not care if I mixed the two together. I enjoy the dressing but there are some jobs that the male attire is better doing in the male attire.

I would just like to wear a short mini skirt,beige pantyhose,a pretty dressy silk blouse&black heels&just be normal
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle