Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do if there were no social barriers?

What would you do if there were no social barriers?

Reading through a recent thread about what would you NOT wear, the question popped into my mind, "What would you like to do if there were no social barriers for you?" I'm guessing that this is more towards those who are not "out" since those of you who are have already decided that social barriers aren't a problem for you. But for the rest of us, I'm also guessing that society's reaction plays at least a part in why we choose to remain in the background.

For me? I'm not sure that I'm ready to come "out," but it might be nice to wear certain things like short-shorts w/o comments. And I'd like to be able to try on and buy things like a wig and maybe some sharp looking tall boots. Sure, I can do that now via mail order but some things you just need to try on to be sure.

So what would some of the rest of you like to do if you could do so without negative or adverse public scrutiny?

Lacy PJs

I wouuld be so far out I would not have any male things to wear.I'd go everywere dress girly.
    Angie

Same stuff I do now probably. Go out and dance and socialize.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I would keep my male clothes to wear when the mood strikes me. But I sure would like to be able to wear dresses, heels, and skirts any time I desired. I already have long hair, C (soon to be D) cup breasts, hips, and I wear eye makeup and lipstick.

Johanna Anna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    No social barriers?
    That's easy.
    Breast implants. Big ones!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Wow. I thought this would be easy to answer but as I tried, everything got complicated.

I realized that the core of my bigendered nature cannot be compromised, no matter what, so I still would not go out locally, and that means my wife can't be recognized with Tina either as 2and2 would likely be summed quickly.

So, I guess the only answer I can give now is that the change would be that it would be easier and calmer. That's certainly a good thing, so there would never be a concern about which gender should check into a hotel, or ride a train, and the restroom issue would vanish. It would allow Tina to focus more on identifying who she is, and that would be nice.

I feel like I would not change much from what i'm doing now. Maybe I can be more calm and open about crossdressing maybe. The one thing that keeps me from coming out is the thought of disappointing and potentially scaring away friends and loved ones. I've never given much care to negative opinions strangers point at me, so not much would change in that area. However if this social barrier included what friends and family thought of me then I would most likely dive much deeper into my female side and really let her become a bigger part of my life.

The Mad Scientist
    Agreed, not much would change..on the other hand, it's really more about friends and family acceptance.

Would likely be dressing full-time until I got tired of it

If there were no social barriers (to CDing) then acceptance of me would not be based on whether or not I presented as female. Instead it would be based on all the other things people accept or judge me for when I'm dressed as a man. So for me, I would dress however I wanted whenever I wanted and it would just be 'normal'. It would sometimes be male boots and jeans and sometimes heels and skirt.

I would present entirely as a woman. I would wear what appeals to me. The only male clothes I would wear would be like those of my male clothes that my wife is constantly taking and wearing.

Essentially most of the time, I would dress more or less as I am now. Leggings, a nice tee shirt and top, casual shoes. More make up though and longer hair.

But in some ways the 'social barriers' are only those that exist in our own minds. There may be negative or adverse scrutiny but as many here who do venture out in the world know well. There is quite a lot of acceptance too.

Maybe soon I will be able to break down my own barriers. Recently I was staying with my Mother in Dublin, my home city when it occurred to me that I would probably would have no trouble getting dressed up and wandering around the city unlike where I live now. In fact I may even do that soon. I'll just need to get a good wardrobe together and a decent wig. Then it's off to Grafton street for me!

Elegance Personified katie elouise's Avatar
    I would party to celebrate ,buy a new wardrobe to accommodate. Then go shopping

I would probably wear whatever female attire I want without necessarily trying to present as a female. Maybe one day just a frilly blouse and heels, another day full blown en femme.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

i would be running away from bill collectors, (in a cute outfit)
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Banned Read only
    If there were no social barriers I would not be a cross dresser. I am assuming designers would be promoting "women's" clothing to men, although there would still be no reason for me to wear a bra. I've seen some men who definitely are in need of a bra.

I would probably wear dresses and heels and a wig since my hair is almost gone.

Full on girl mode for me... even on those lazy days, i'd still wear leggings and a cute t-shirt

I would like to think designers would adjust their clothing so womens clothes accomodated the male body better. No tucking, hiding, or trying on a multitude of clothes in the same apparent size before finding the right fit. I definetly would wear a skirt or nice casual dress with heels and be happy to feel comfortable in public instead of hiding in my house. Would also incorporate a little more pink into the wardrobe even dressed as male.

Full on 'girl mode' 24/7/365? Actually I don't think so. If all the "societal barriers", including potential negative reactions from friends, family & colleagues were suddenly to disappear then I suspect that the pink fog would envelope me big time for a while. Otherwise / afterwards? I'd probably just wear what I like when I like - either full on girl mode or full on boy mode!
    Mind you, spare a thought for the muggles! How would you cope with a spouse / co-worker randomly presenting as boy one day and girl the next? Can you imagine going to a meeting and not knowing until they arrive whether each of the other participants will be in boy mode today or girl mode? Could be very confusing!

I'm not sure if I'd go full on girl mode but more of a blending of styles.
    One thing I would wear more often is a bra. I've got enough to fill a C cup and could use a little support. Sometimes I wish I could wear one now.

I would be out in that forbidden zone, beyond the front door, and out and about all over in my dresses, skirts, tops, hose, heels, and wigs. I would wear guy clothes for working on the car, bicycles, and other dirty jobs, but mostly i would be out and about, doing what GG's do, wearing what ever they feel like.

I'd do a little of both each day, probably more androgynous clothing. I'd like to look attractive to both sexes while keeping my own a mystery.

Skirts and pantyhose for me.

The obvious answer,to me anyway, is whatever I felt like.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany Jane View Post
    No trying on a multitude of clothes in the same apparent size before finding the right fit.
    Umm..............yeah......trust me, you'd still be trying on loads of clothes before you found ones that fit right.

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    Right off...I'd bleach my hair out to a platinum blonde color....

which i may do anyway...lol!

I'd wear my dresses a Lot more than I do now if I could wear
    them anywhere. I just really-really Love dresses. ♥