Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frequency of posting

Question Frequency of posting

I noticed that there are many of us who joined many years ago, but who post very infrequently. Others have a very high posting frequency. I'm wondering what are the causes of this behavior. In my own case I got bored with the forums and stopped going to the web site but my CDing didn't stop although there were a few periods when I had medical issues that it did. Recently I came back after a Google search for CD friendly restaurants in Atlanta brought me to a post in one of the threads. So now I'm scanning the threads every day and posting once in a while. I may get bored again. I'm curious about how others use the web site and why.

According to my stats i am averaging 1.97 per day at the moment. I went a couple of months of almost zero posting, although that was due to being busy with other things. I think in the beginning when we first come on here, we have a lot of questions and issues to get out. Once that is done, the posting does go down a bit, or maybe some just don't need this place hardly at all when they get to a place where they are comfortable. I can only say this site is a place for comfort for me. I do not feel so alone. I can also say I have had many issues raised and dealt with, and am more comfortable in many ways than I was when I 1st joined. It is likely overall in a year should I still be hear that my average will go up significantly and it may not be what it is now.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar

Phases

I know for myself, my interests seem to alternate in phases (although my dressing is never a phase I switch out of. That one pretty much stays front and center). Usually in a circular fashion, because I always seem to come back around to the same activities. I wouldn't say I grow tired of any one phase, just that sometimes certain things take enough priority (in the moment) to move my interests to something else.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

Simple really. If I feel something I post may help someone maybe I go ahead. If not then I don't.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi Joanna. I get bored with the thread topics as their themes naturally repeat. When I do visit, I quickly scan the first page and look for a subject that sounds interesting. I usually don't have anything to contribute to an interesting thread that hasn't already been said more clearly than I can, so I skip it. In four years, I'm under 700 posts, so I guess I've never posted much. My lack of forum activity has no relation to my cross dressing. Cross dressing is now my normal activity and doesn't feel post-worthy I suppose. I rarely get any reaction at all in public, so I don't have fodder for those types of topics, either. My life sounds boring, doesn't it? Dressing en femme in public is the most fun thing I've ever done, so I don't want to leave the wrong impression.

I am starting to fell the same as Amanda. How many times can you post about panties, wigs, pantyhose vs stockings, and so on. I look at the first page to see if there is any "meat" to it and if not, off I go.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Hardly ever post as I never seem to have anything of value to add. Still visit the site often and read the top threads in the hope of finding something new but as someone else said,they've mostly been covered a hundred times over the years.......

Well i'm really new to the forum so i'm still pretty excited to see whats being posted on here. Plus since i'm doing college full time this semester I have a fair bit of free time to post and be active.

Manley due to these facts. One. When I see a thread that I would respond to and someone said what I would say. I feel no compunction to say it again. Two. Many questions come from new members and this questions get asked a lot. Repeatedly. Which is fine. Everyone deserves to ask a question they don't know the answer to. Still. I get bored with saying the same thing over and over again, albeit to new people. Three. A large portion of the questions just plain don't interest me.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Banned Read only
    I post to help those who come with an open mind. Specifically, those willing to READ.

But like they say "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink".

Never hurts to offer though.

As far as infrequent posters? One easy guess is that they get their feelings hurt when they get their hand slapped and throw in the towel more or less. All Forums can be mysterious places at times.

Gold Member
    I wish I could go out and meet others like us; I can not, so I come here and
    chat with all on the forum. Just my way of charting with others of similar interest.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    I wish I could go out and meet others like us; I can not, so I come here and
    chat with all on the forum. Just my way of charting with others of similar interest.
    Rader
    I second that! Also, I have little time to dress at home, so this is kind of a mental window shopping experience.
    Oh, the things we could do, if we only knew, the things we knew we could do.

I write for a living, so I am not always willing to write when I get home. Further, to comment I must really be interested in the subject.

I stop by and read the posts fairly regularly, but I rarely post replies. I guess that I am not a big talker.

Although I do read a lot of posts, I really only reply to the subjects I find most interesting.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    4.29 posts a day is my average it says.
    I have times where I get fed up with forums and quit posting for a while I think we all do that.
    I don't feel the need to comment on 90% of the threads here because I have nothing to say on the subject.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    I agree with the other girls. If I can’t be constructive, then I don’t post. Usually it’s the same old question, but once in awhile a question may bring back an interesting memory or two.
    I’ll always try to put my two-cents in if I can stop someone from making the same mistakes that I’ve made over the years.

Sometimes I have nothing to say or I'm just not motivated.
    joank
    Southern California

I am like a sponge, I read and absorb a lot of information, but I have to be squeezed a little to get anything out of me!

I can go for months without posting and then have a day (like today) when I write a few posts. This is a big community. Lots of times I read something, take some time to formulate a response, come back and discover 300 responses that cover everything I would have said more eloquently than I woulda said it. So I let it ride. My CDing waxes and wanes too so I'm more likely to post when it is waxing...Anyway. I hope you're having a good day regardless of whether you feel moved to write about it.

Aspiring Member
    paddy said it perfectly for me.
    I am a sponge.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I've posted once a day in the average fir 9 years. I usally show up after a few days and leave a few posts, so I'm really cycling in and out. There is always something new to learn.

Usually others have already said what I would say, so I don't bother. I have to feel strongly about a topic before I would write a "me too" post, consequently my number of posts is low. I usually look in most days to see what's going on.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I seem to have a rather contrarian viewpoint on many subjects. Which I hope mite roll back the Pink Fog for some members. Plus, I try to help those many closet readers that I know r "lurking" here. After all, I was one for over 10 years before looking for others online here.

However, I'm not here as much as I used to be. Because I spend so much time either going out, planning/filming new Sherry picto stories, or posting and communicating with Sherry's Friends on FB!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I used to answer a lot, and give advice or share experiences with people, especially cross-dressers. The more I headed to the TS side, the less of the advice giving I tended to do.

Crossdressing is just becoming less and less a part of my life now that I am 24/7 public transgender. That might sound like a contradiction, but I have a large wardrobe now, with a lot more "dressy" clothes than I need for my life, which does not involve many "events" at all. Skirts get worn a week or three at a stretch, select a light summer top from the pile of them, put my hair in a ponytail, brush my teeth, slip on sandals, and off I go. I'll probably spend more time digging in my purse trying to find my keys than I will in selecting the outfit. And how many times can I tell cross-dressers in other cities that here I can "just do it"? The mods would probably step in and say "You keep saying that, just post a link to the previous discussion!" :P