Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frequency of posting

I'm here daily, but only look at page one of M to F crossdressing. Then I only open up new posts, and keep current. I will post if I feel like it.
    I am a transgender female so I spend most of my time in the transgender section. Still, I don't post a lot there, either. I'll continue this course as I may come across some tid-bit of information that will give me an "AH-AH" moment.

Bobbi

Platinum Member
    I think my posting is a desperate cry for distraction from the things I really should be doing.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    After being a member for nine months I find the questions do repeat themselves, I think new members should be answered but it's a shame they don't take some time to look back through the archives, some of it still makes very good reading !!

I'm one of those who rarely writes, too. My feeling is that if someone else has already replied with comments that I'd write why bore them with more of the same. Oops. I think I just bored them.
    Georgia (Gigi) Maine

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I try to limit my time at the computer and sometimes fall into a pattern where I only hit facebook. It is true that the discussions here are generally much more involved and require a bit more thought, and that is a great contrast to just putting up a snarky comment, arguing about politics or looking at videos of snorning ducklings. I like it here and have been trying to return more often and contribute where I can.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Genderfluid Swiftie DanielleLee's Avatar
    What Amanda22 said.... While I've been around for awhile, I just prefer to read and see what's new. If anything catches my eye, I'll reply. Most times however I don't, because it's usually the same topics being asked and answered... which makes since, as there are always new members.

This:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Simple really. If I feel something I post may help someone maybe I go ahead. If not then I don't.
    and this:
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I think my posting is a desperate cry for distraction from the things I really should be doing.
    (and it made me chuckle )
    and this:
    Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    I wish I could go out and meet others like us; I can not, so I come here and
    chat with all on the forum. Just my way of charting with others of similar interest.
    Rader
    And I read a lot more than I write - not just because of modding either. I have learnt so much in the short time I have been here - two big things stand out for me...

1) We can only offer personal opinions and advice however experienced we may be, and it is up to readers how they chose to accept and interpret those views
    2) Quality of advice is not necessarily directly proportional to post count or frequency...

On the whole, I think we're a good bunch of people!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Platinum Member
    I'm a retiree with time on my hands. Right now there is a lot of "dead" time on my hands. My chores outside the home usually end with dropping my wife off at work and heading home. I search my email accounts. I check the status of my eBay bids, which are not all women's clothing. What better way to start my indoor chores than en femme a la June Cleaver. I do get somewhat bored with repetitive topics. I know from the number of postings and the join date some are new and are not bored. If someone starts a thread "What are you wearing now?" I will post because it is a "fun" post. I always check the postings concerning discord among family members. I think I may have something to add to their conversations. I always check the postings of those who have gone through a transformation process. I feel if they have taken the time to be en femme and post, then I should take the time to at least review their photos. I will not necessarily make a comment, but, they at least deserve a look.

I have noticed a decrease in posting by some. I wonder if they are bored or their lives are in cross dressing turmoil with their wives.

If you're working I understand checking in less. I understand if a wife or kids are hovering near the computer checking in less.

As Radar has said, this is really the only outlet most of us have to express our inner selves. Too many of us are older and pre-date Al Gore inventing the Internet. The days of hiding out are gone.

I have been dressing fot meny years more so from 2006. I come here a lot,I like the frindly girls here. And love the reading and giving my $0.02.
    Angie

How I Wish I Looked!!! Jessica_M's Avatar
    I'm guilty of this also...
    I would like to think that it's a function of growth, on my part.
    When first finding the site.... I spent a lot of time here, not posting, but reading to learn as much as I could.

I feel that I learn from the advice and recommendations given, then go and put into practice..
    When I get further along to another point in my journey....
    I find I may need another lesson, and come back to learn more.

Love it here...
    Thank you all..
    Jessica_M

I'd rather post with a good reason than post just to pass the time. I rarely start threads, but I'm glad that some of you do like to start them. Chat boards can slow down to a halt if no one starts threads. So even if threads become repetitious they at least keep this board active. There is so much to learn about CDing and problems associated with it, so I'm thankful for this site and learning from others' experiences.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I do go a while in between posts and visits here. Sometimes it is not possible to dress for a while and so I don't visit this site. often when I have the opportunity to dress I feel the urge to come here and read what people are saying and comment and sometimes start chats. It is always on my mind but sometimes it is more necessary for me to do it.

Lucy Lou xx

I find it really depends on my activity.. the more I post the more I check the forum and the more involved I get in discussions, but most of the time I am really stuck on what to contribute.. I don't have all that exciting a life when it comes to CD!

Clara x

You know, I've found that hanging around the forums can do me both good and not so good. This is still a wonderful place to interact with people who understand what we do, there's nowhere else that has allowed me to make some really good friends, even if we've never actually met. I've slowed down sometimes because, yes, it can get a bit boring and other times have slowed down because I get all caught up in the whole thing and find my life gets a bit unbalanced. Trying to get the balance right lately is more difficult than I imagined.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

I post infrequently. As with most things i find too much CDING gets somewhat boring. Just one of many things to do to keep life interesting.
    Talisker because i like the taste and dont need another name or personality but needed some letters (numbers arent allowed on here). Found out later its a rare mans name on a small scottish island.

Sexually attracted to things with human female characteristics - Talisker, GGs, CDs, cheetara etc.
    Male things can be useful a CD accessory and for drinks or currys, directions and lifting stuff.

I post often because I'm retired and I have a great amount of spare time. Another reason is I love my choice of lifestyle so much that I feel that I must share my experiences. I have over 12,000 posts at various LGBT websites, over 8,000 just at this site.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Joanna:

I come here pretty regularly to view the posts on various topics, but rarely make a post. Most of the time, I just underdress and only think about going "out", so a lot of the issues on this site are not of as much interst to me. For that reason, I sepnd more time on the Men Wear Bras forum as I always have a bra on.

One great side benefit of reviewing this site regularly is locating people who have so much in common - as you and I apparently do! I look forward to meeting you and furthering our dialogue!

Donna

Personally I visit this forum on a daily basis but only post on occasion. I scan the page for interesting topics and reply when I think I have something to add. Most of the questions I have wanted to ask have already been asked. I have learned a lot visiting here and this forum has helped me accept myself more. Thanks to all of you.
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

I'm approaching my one year anniversary on this forum. I have benefited enormously from the collective wisdom of like minded people that are willing to share their thoughts. Thank you all.

In the first few months I posted very frequently, as I had many questions and wanted much support. A bit later I began posting advice from my limited knowledge. Then, a funny thing happened. I got a lot of help from a therapist, my wife began accepting my crossdressing, I began to accept myself, and my interest in posting declined. I began doing other things during the time I normally would spend on the forum. (I am a volunteer-holic)

Lately I have been feeling uneasy for not doing more to help those that are new. A long time member whose name I have forgotten wrote that there is a cyclic nature to the forum. Usage increases with the new year and begins its decline in the spring. I may not know much, but I probably know more than the newcomers, and ought to be there to help them when they show up.
    Quarterly TG Invasions: TgDetroit.com
    Facebook: MsVal Bralt

Aspiring Member
    I agree with the earlier posts that essentially said "how much can you post about your panties?" When that was new to me it was great! But now it is getting kind of routine and I don't read or reply much to those threads.

However there are new people joining everyday who are entitled to have that conversation. So if someone just joined by all means ask about shoes and underwear, forms and wigs and all the rest. If you have heard it all before than you can pass by without responding. Just my opinion.

I think I have seen a bit of a shift in who is posting. Seems like there are more folks who are transitioning or are considering it. When I first joined seems like there were more folks like me who just enjoyed dressing up from time to time, what I call the plain old Crossdressers, those who just found some sort of comfort in wearing women's clothing but do not necessarily want to become a women. Am I imagining this??

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Lack of time, I miss the good old days where I posted frequently, when life was simpler, and I did not "live in order to work." Now I maybe have 1 or 2 days every other week to really spend any time here, let alone go through the threads, and respond. Although I am trying to get back into the effort of making time!!!
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I started slow, then really posted a lot. The I slowed down again. The reason is because of the amount of traveling I do for my job and all the homework I am doing to finish my degree. A lot of days, I am so tired when I get home that I don't even open my computer. Other nights, I have so much homework that I end up crashing right afterward. Also, in the summer, my CDing slows down due to the sweating I do, therefore, after the above menioned problems, I do not CD as much in the summer. I try to catch up on here as often as I can. I have less than a year left for my degree, then that will free up a lot more time for me.
    Tami Monroe, formerly known as hawkdoc60!

Its amazing how time gets away from me. I have been on this site for several years, starting as a lurker, learning about this area of interest, and befriending my favorites.[they probely never know of my admiration]
    I see tried and true CDers, transitionist, heated debates on who is really a true Trans-woman, and some that came and disappeared with out a trace or whimper. I have had a joking comment or three deleted, with a hand slap, I have felt a great fondness for the ladies as the try on their new feminine personnas, and the firery dis agreements on wheather srs was the benchmark or not. I am still content to underdress and explore the pull of being a woman in this world. I have had to stop from jumping in the dis-agreements, and be satified by the better thought and articulate posts.

As with any message board or forum, there are really only a finite number of topics.
    When you first join, all the topics are new and interesting and you learn a lot, so you keep coming back.
    As time passes and your learning develops by actually using the things you learn and making something your own, you find that the once apparent 'gold mine' is beginning to look a little smaller.
    So you forget about it for a while. You begin broadening your quest for knowledge, seeking your answers from EVERYWHERE.
    Meanwhile, new users are joining all the time, introducing themselves, posting similar things to you when you first joined, asking similar questions, enjoying the similar threads.
    Then you return, and you see some familiar faces still lurking about the place, and you decide to visit some of the other sections of the forum.
    Your insight and ability to talk about a broader range of subjects increases, and you start to post again.

The cycle, then repeats.
    Samantha -x-

I'm just a silent person. I do read allot though
    do not label me for i am unique