Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curious about odd childhood experiences we might share

The Mad Scientist
    Thank you everyone for your insight and responses.
    This is why I love this place.
    I always feel just a little less odd after a post either affirming how others feel or hearing others do the same for me.

You girls made my weekend

Nothing like this for me - parents very normal - conservative thinkers for whom conforming with the demands of society was a goal.

I never felt very comfortable with that. I wanted to be me. I xdressed first with my mothers clothes when they left me in charge of the house as they went on vacation when I was about 17. Then later I experimented a bit with wearing dresses with my first wife - but it was 1974 and anything went back then where I lived.

Then a second marriage and years of career, kids and responsibility where it remained hidden/suppressed.

But then I found myself living alone during a long relocation between countries in 1994 and it came back and I started dressing again. It didn't go away - I just feel comfortable in femme attire. And now, whenever I have a few days to myself it is just the way I am. It makes me feel comfortable and I enjoy the feeling of relaxation it gives me for a few
    days.

So long rant, but nothing to do with childhood repressions or mother/father figures. I have a strong feminine side and I just love letting it out when I can. I've absolutely no idea where it comes from, and it doesn't really matter. There is nothing to justify or rationalise - it's just who I am.

I do wish I could share it with my wife though - but that's another thread.

I don't know if Mom wanted a girl, but she definitely expected one. I was recently told that they only had girls clothes for me when I was born, and she specifically mentioned a pink kimono. However, I've never seen pictures of me in these clothes.

My mom was definitely not overbearing. She's a kind woman who was very supportive of me. I was never "made" to dress. In fact, even when I came up with a reason to dress (wearing tights for a play), she talked me out of it.

I liked playing outside. I was really big on riding my bike, swinging on swings and playing pickup games of soccer or two-hand touch with other kids in the neighborhood. I wasn't big on getting dirty, and I do remember breaking into tears one time because someone tore my coat while we were playing football. I did like playing inside too, especially with my Star Wars figures, and when I got older playing D&D and reading comics.

I have an older brother and (as far as I know) wasn't adopted.

Here's a few other things about my childhood: Early on I had many friends that were girls, but I don't remember playing any games that were particularly girly. I was fairly sensitive, and generally well-mannered. My mom raised me to be a gentleman and treat women with respect.

Jamie

Yes i was also told i was supposed to be a girl .But other than that i was expected to be all boy from both parents .I was also very sensitive and a lot of pressure was put on me to hold it all in and to be tough and masculine .In the end i think it backfired because by the age of 11 i was cding and it has only progressed from there
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Although I don't have any memories of anything odd. I did overhear my mother telling a story about me when I was very young. Apparently I had gotten into her makeup and came down stars with lipstick on and acted like it was nothing at all. She laughed and scrubbed it off and that was it.

I do remember being envious of the clothes my sisters wore from an early age but never did anything about it until my teenage years.

I grew up with two older brothers and I'm the youngest of three boys, and I started playing with my moms underwear when I was about 11 or 12 years old. First I'd wear her bras and panties when no one was home and then I started paying trips to the retail store when I was old enough to drive and I started buying my own stuff. I've always had lots of friends who were girls primarily because I perfer the company of females over males in regards to friendship and with my job now (I'm a flight attendant) I get to cross dress a lot in different cities where no one knows me and it's perfect.

I know now, that my mother expected a baby girl, when I was coming into the world. All the baby clothes she had purchased prior to my birth, were little girls clothes. When I was born my mother always dressed me as a baby girl and kept doing this apparently for the first, and part of the second year of my life. These facts were things I found out when I was older. When I was in my early teens I was excited whenever I picked up or touch feminine clothing. At approximately 15 years of age I started trying on some of my mothers panties and bras. I felt totally comfortable and very aroused in these things, but never told anyone about this. Today, I love to dress in feminine clothing whenever I get the chance. I wonder if my early experience as a baby would have anything to do with my life today.

My mom wanted a girl, she got four boys. I heard a lot of I always wanted a daughter. I found her lingerie drawer at 8 or 9 and it was all over from there. I dressed anytime I could. At 12 I went as a girl for halloween. Mom dressed me up , did my makeup, wig the whole nine. I even had on her lingerie. Oh to still be that size. I wish I could find the pictures from that night. I was in heaven. Even back then it was a struggle and as I filled out it got to be a real struggle. In my mind I see one thing in the mirror something different.

Mom wanted a second girl, not a boy. She dressed me in my sister's clothes as a toddler, also I wore hand me down girl's underwear and she left my hair long until I had to start school.
    After first grade, I was molested, told that god made a mistake, and that I was really supposed to be a girl. He would dress me up in his sister's clothing, and made me into his private little girlfriend for the next seven years. By the time I reached high school, I was psychologically a mess.
    I don't know anyone else who went through something like this. However, even after all that, I'm still only turned on by women, and find the idea of sex with a male almost physically sickening, so I suppose that might give some indication of genetic influence on sexual preference.
    Being conditioned over all those developmental years to associate being dressed, and behaving like a girl, with the only physical source of affection available to me, has stuck with me throughout my life.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 09-14-2014 at 06:09 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'm the baby of the family and that's where I was supposed to be. Every thing changed when my older sister developed kidney disease. Being the baby no one told me shit as to what was going on. It was at this point I started my own world and dressing. Things get really twisted from here!
    ​Jamey

I'm the oldest on our family, and unfortunately my dad was an alcoholic and very critical of all of us. I wasn't mechanical like he was, so I'm sure he was disappointed that he didn't get a son who was similar to him. He favored my younger sister as she was cute and funny. I remember being jealous of the attention she received, and of her baton and cheerleading outfits. I started fantasizing about being female probably around 9, and started wearing some of my mom's clothes in secret around age 10. My mom encouraged all of us to be ourselves, which helped us have some support in our childhood.