Thread: The girl within

The girl within

When you present en femme how accurately do you portray the girl within, that is, your interpretation of her? What we do in this respect is an outward reflection of our feelings on the inside. Is how you present an accurate projection of your inner woman in the physical? In the beginning it may be a crude representation but it is honed over time as our makeup and dressing skills improve. Basically what happens is that our feminine self image comes to life and is fleshed out and we enhance it as we go along. It doesn't matter if we dress because of our feelings or strictly for pleasure as the end result is the same if we take our time with it and this is a feed back/feed forward process. This is why there's more to it than simply throwing on a dress, wig and makeup especially if it becomes a viable part of us. Only we can determine if it's a good use of our time and effort and that is the main thing. Sometimes the whole is much greater than the sum of it's parts.
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 09-10-2014 at 07:02 AM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Kate, this makes sense. A kind of psychological development, finding and projecting that "inner self" in the process as we go. A "giving in to" and exploring and discovering along the way. And towards deeper acceptance.

I like to think I am always projecting the same inner me regardless of my clothing.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Kate, I like this observation and in a way this is why I orignally embraced the term Transgender when it first started circulating. I see the clothing not as an end in itself, but a means to an end, a way to find routes through that gender barrier. As a crossdresser, the clothing has more meaning but now my mind set, my self perception begins to become more important. This isn't to start another definition or classification battle, just a continuing effort to better understand my life. I know there is a growing acceptance of the term Transgender as the umbrella term to describe the entire spectrum of non-conforming gender identity, but I'm still looking for a term that adds a little more meaning beyond crossdresser.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

There is no girl within. I just wear the clothes and present that way.

Jodi

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
    There is no girl within. I just wear the clothes and present that way.
    Same here. I think that how I want to appear is driven by the guy within, that is, I want to appear as I like women to appear to me. They rarely do, so I always do. But Kate, you make a good case for "there is no right or wrong way to crossdress."

I may even take it a step farther Nicole. I'm enrolling in a home study beauty care course. Something for this old geezer to pass the time with. May even learn a thing or two.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Maybe it should be described as emulating the image you have in mind of what you could look like? It's still a big experiment with me, and there isn't much time to try different things, i.e. wigs, outfits, makeup, to find what works best.

Even GGs I know use the same makeup techniques once they come up with what they (think) works best for them. And most don't change their hairstyle after a certain age either. Although GGs buy new clothes, they tend to stick to certain articles and styles that have become a part of their personality.

Is this the fate of CDs? We try different things - discard some and cling to others I guess.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Platinum Member
    I think that with time, practice and experimentation, I'm becoming a more realistic representation of the woman I see in my minds eye. If you met me en femme, as few here have, I hope that my presentation is consistent with who I am...which is a basically reserved, reasonably intelligent, and self respecting human being.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am always the same person. Even though I am a straight married male with children, I have a very strong feminine side. I can relate more to GGs than anyone else. I love my natural born girl within.

Love,
    Lexi V.

My standard is pretty vague, i.e. "beauty". I don't have many detailed ideas about that in advance. I experiment a little on occasion and sometimes find something that seems to get me a little closer to it. I decided today that, though I don't have a wig or makeup yet, a stocking cap and glasses seem to help quite a bit. From the neck up is where I need the most improvement.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

As I've only been able to start dressing more frequently, I do not present as April truly feels to me. Maybe with time?
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

I can easily agree with LexiV as I too have a very feminine side to my personality. Dressing as a women is only part of expressing who I am. The girl within is also expressed in how we relate to other people, which for me is also in man mode.

Right now I have decided to explore more of my feminine side. I've always had this desire to be female and more feminine, and only since joining this site have I really started to learn what it means to be a crossdresser or transgender. For me there is a definite female side that has been trying to get out for a long time and i'm gonna start letting her out. So far I have decided to name her Kira and right now i'm considering taking a few pictures of Kira and posting it on here to get some feedback on what I can improve upon. This would also be a sort of coming out for me since I have never let anyone see what I looked like en femme.
    I know that no matter how much I experiment and grow as kira their is always going to be the male side of me that was brave enough to let her out. These two sides make up who I am and I'm happy that I decided to let both sides come out and let them grow. A lot of the steps i'm taking are from the things I have read on this site so a big sincere thank you to all of you guys for being so awesome and accepting me here and teaching me.
    Last edited by Yoshisaur; 09-11-2014 at 01:38 AM.

Kate, I agree with your post. What I've read and experienced is a more settled person enfem.
    But I think who we are stays the same. I've put a lot of effort to lose weight to improve my feminine
    shape, and learning each day.
    Hugs