Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what are you most particular about when dressed as a woman

Elegance Personified katie elouise's Avatar

what are you most particular about when dressed as a woman

what are you most particular about when dressed as awoman

OK - I'll give this a go...

For me - now, and still closeted - it's about getting the makeup right... Still a fair bit of experimentation going on, but I'd like to really nail a good look for that time that I do hit the Real World... I think it would help my confidence knowing that at least my makeup was as good as it could be... and then hopefully all the dangly earrings and sparkly bling elsewhere would distract anyone enough for me to move on rapidly...

I can practice the walk and the posture (the voice can wait - I'll have to sign.. ), but for me the appearance is key.

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

That I look good and when I am out enfemme that I am treated with respect & dignity, By looking good I mean that my hair, outfit, makeup, and glasses present me in a favorable way, not as a old hag or a male in female clothes. I'm not always passable but I hope that I don't look like a freak either,
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I am most paticular about my clothes and shoes matching. Or at least look good. Makeup is another one I'm still sorting out.

I haven't experimented with make-up that much yet, so can't exactly be precise in that sense.
    But it's okay, since I can pull off a (arguably)feminine look with only a foundation and some concealer.
    Before all else, I always make sure that what I wear makes me look slim & accentuate my best features.
    I guess that's the same for everyone else, but I will not wear anything that I don't absolutely love.
    "When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in the eyes of your enemies."
    "If the comedy's rye, that's ok. Put some butter on it and smile; it's groovy"

Platinum Member
    Hmmm, it's not one time for me, but rather the combination of shape wear and foundations, make up, hair and accessories. If all the pieces work together, I can feel reasonably good about how I look. Sometimes, I just feel off...and can't put my finger on it. In other cases, a new top or eyeshadow can do the trick.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Nothing in particular I can think of Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

What I'm most particular about, when dressed as a woman, is that I am not a woman.

Probably looking respectable and being a credit to others like me. Since I usually do get complemented by other women I guess I'm doing ok for an old dude in a dress.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    My goal is just to create an overall pleasing feminine image, smoothing out or camouflaging the masculine edges and enjoying the illusion I create

For whatever reason (since you can't SEE them under the clothes) I can't stand not having matching bra & panties... just part of the fun for me I guess.
    VS Fan

I am like Julie in that I want to present a image that totally camouflages those masculine traits.
    I am no where near that, though I continue to try hard and take being a feminine presentation seriously.
    It seems the colder it is out, the easier it is to emulate the feminine person that I am.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

For me, it is that I am appropriately dressed for time of day and where I am going...and then...make up. Still working on that
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

For me, I have to be freshly shaved and moisturized. If my skin doesn't feel like my wife's (she has perfect, supple skin), what's the point of wearing sheer hose or slick, delicate clothing?

For me it's making sure I have the right outfit for the right time of day for the right weather, knowing what others will be wearing, where we are going after that, then the right makeup, heels that fit ...... I guess it's everything...... I think I worry and fidget too much about my look but it's fun....

Renne.....

While I also tend to focus on the complete image, any hair that I meant to remove and missed drives me insane, and there always seems to be some no matter how long I spend grooming.

It's about not getting a run in my hosiery. Period. everything else is little things lmao
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Makeup...as long as my makeup looks good..I could be in sweats and a half shirt and as long as my makeup looks good I am good with that..

I always am checking to make sure my clothing is in the right place while am out in public. I notice women doing this all the time. I don't try to do this it just happens. Making sure my lips are perfect also. It seems as the night gets later and a few drinks my lips tend to get a little fuller. Katie you look great by the way!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    If I can put a look together that makes me smile, then I'm good to go. It has to be the whole package I guess, makeup, hair, outfit, shape etc., but if it makes me smile, it was worth the effort.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Beard cover

I'm generally happy with the outfits I put together, but i'm always trying to figure out ways to hide my shoulders more because they are pretty broad

Super heavy makeup with contacts to die for ooh when ur here in the philippines evry boy wants u haha

Elegance Personified katie elouise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VS Fan View Post
    For whatever reason (since you can't SEE them under the clothes) I can't stand not having matching bra & panties... just part of the fun for me I guess.
    VS Fan
    we must be sisters I always wear matching bra & knickers

@Susangirl Thank you susan x .
    Last edited by Katey888; 09-11-2014 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

Pretty much everthing
    My SO gets the final say and gives me the thumbs up
    But if I had to narrow it down to one ting... eyes...