Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Men in Skirts, What an Idea!

Men in Skirts, What an Idea!

I read Underdresser's post about wearing a skirt for 6 days. I found this to be intriguing because although I like to dress in female attire, I would never pass. But I think I would like to be a man in a skirt. I Googled "men wearing skirts" and found this web page; http://www.picturetrail.com/patagoniakid. It has a lot of pictures of men in skirts.

In Underdresser's post, there were some responses that indicated that some members here do go out into public as a guy in a skirt. I'm wonder just how many there are around. Because I don't recall seeing any men in skirts myself except for one individual about 35-40 years ago that I saw on a somewhat regular basis.

Do you wear skirts as a guy? Care to share pictures? Have you seen guys wearing skirts?

I have seen a few over the last few years yes. One looked to be wearing a black simple skirt (probably it was a type if kilt?) at a bar and the person was part of the band. Another few times over this summer I saw men wearing a heavy looking kilt on a hot day. Actually it did not look comfortable to me as I don't think that a thick, heavy wool kilt would be on a hot summer day (unlike a decent skirt probably would). Recently I saw a web site where someone is designing a skirt to be worn specifically for men. And it looks good! And stylish actually. I'm all for it!
    Last edited by dsmth; 09-11-2014 at 09:15 PM.

One of my favorite outfits is a black skirt with a concert T and flip-flops. I pick my wife up from work like that often. Comfy.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Hi,

Define skirt , as in skirts made for women or you get into my background as a Scot,and what we wear to us its a Kilt to the English its a skirt , and going back some 3,000 years, what did men wear any way,

...noeleena...

I mean female skirt. Not a kilt. Besides they are way too expensive.

I know I do not pass, so yes sometimes (going to DR. Appt, or taking the dog for a walk) I will wear a skirt which could be mistaken for cargo shorts from a distance. This allows me to be me (somewhat) and still go about my day. Sometimes the little things can make one feel good about themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanaG View Post
    Do you wear skirts as a guy? Care to share pictures? Have you seen guys wearing skirts?
    Alana, come on over to SkirtCafe dot Org and you'll find a lot of us, and happy to discuss it at length.

Chris

The only time I wear a skirt in public in guy mode is when I'm wearing the kilts, and it's kilts, NOT a cheap-azz skirt that I'm trying to pawn off as a kilt. My bagpipes are also usually in tow.
    Jon(i)

I have visited skirtcafe before and saw how they were wondering what happens when you go out in public. So I posted about my experiences going out in a skirt as a man. My post was deleted because it was too much like crossdressing. A long time later, I posted something else there and they zapped me again. It is a nice place for guys who wear skirts. But if you are a guy who wants to wear women's skirts and other stuff, they might censor you. So watch what you say.

Joey

Quote Originally Posted by AlanaG View Post

...Have you seen guys wearing skirts?
    Three years ago, I was in Cleveland for a weekend, and at 11:00 a.m on a Sunday morning, I saw a guy striding through a mall with a shaved head, a shimmery silver skirt, a black blouse and 4 inch heels. I thought he might just be the bravest person I had ever seen.

At home, I dress softly and mix and match, and I enjoy my outings en femme. But every now and then, I try to channel the Cleveland Dudette's attitude and just mix and match and let others try to figure me out....And if they ever CAN figure me out, then I hope they'll let me know, because I haven't got a clue:-)

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

Three times this summer I wore a jean skirt with a golf shirt and boat shoes to go to a local ice cream shop on an island off the coast of Maine. Didn't seem to make much of a scenes Felt so nice...

Jennifer

I can and do, but I will be honest, I go for the above/below the knee-line. I don't feel comfortable in a mini... it is like a 'flashing' incident waiting to happen.

Thanks for the skirtcafe link!
    - MM
    Last edited by mechamoose; 09-13-2014 at 06:42 PM.
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Quote Originally Posted by mechamoose View Post
    I can and do, but I will be honest, I go for the above/below the knee-line. I don't feel comfortable in a mini... it is like a 'flashing' incident waiting to happen.

Thanks for the skirtcafe link!
    - MM
    And on behalf of the viewing public, THANKS MM!!!....:-)

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

I love the concept.. but
    ​Jamey

AlanaG,

I'm guilty as charged. I'll happily wear a skirt as a man or a dress and heels if I feel that way! I haven't seen many others like that in real life. I also checked out skirtcafe but read enough to realize like Johanne that I'm not woman enough for this site nor man enough for that one.

There are plenty of picture of me about on this site. Some better than others.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by JayeLefaye View Post
    And on behalf of the viewing public, THANKS MM!!!....:-)

Jaye
    Now if I'm doing a Pride/Fetish event, I will do the shorty-short skirt bit... but if I'm going to the market? No.

"Whatcha gonna do with all that junk, all that junk you got in your trunk?"

All my junk ain't in the trunk, and therein lies the problem. Even with longer skirts, I still have the 'crotch lump' issue. Tucking only helps so much.

My wife likes the little flirty skirts on me, but that is purely for the 'home' viewing audience. (Rated 'R', no animals were harmed in the production of this picture)

- MM
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Kudos to your Missus!

Wear it loud!

Wear it proud!!

Jaye

I have some ambiguity about cross dressing as in "transforming into the image of a woman" and cross dressing as "wearing clothing generally associated with the opposite sex. I suspect that if it was completely "acceptable" for a man to wear skirts and pantyhose, then I would never be seen wearing anything else. I might not bother trying to look like a woman (which I really can't anyway).

On the other hand there is a certain pleasure in emulating femininity, or looking (or feeling) pretty. I would still prefer to present shapely smooth legs in footwear that is delicate rather than "clunky". And I still love the satiny feel of woman's panties in preference to cotton BVDs .

The dilemma is like the difference between crossdressers.com and skirtcafe. The one group tries to feminize the man, the other tries to masculize the skirt.
    Last edited by annecwesley; 09-14-2014 at 05:16 AM.

I find that when I am out as a guy in a skirt that it feels freer than when I have gone out trying to pass or while wearing androgynous clothes. I am too tall and too V-shaped to pass. I have never had a wig that was very good looking. The only reason I ever presented female was so I could wear the clothes. I have never cared for being a girl. I just like the clothes. When I have gone out, I was always scared because I knew if anyone got close or took a good look, they would know the truth. I would be "made". When I have gone out in all men's clothes with pantyhose on, the same fear prevailed. I was worried that people would discover the truth and it made the outing stressful. The same is true for when I have gone out in a ladies outfit of pants and a plain top. But, when I have gone out in a skirt, there is no hiding. I am clearly a man and I am clearly wearing a skirt. One simple glance and the viewer knows everything. Somehow that is less stressful. I still feel stress when the first few people see me during an outing. But there is no "secret" that will be discovered. Somehow, for me, this is better. It is more pleasant. I suppose it is possible that as I have simply become more comfortable with my own dressing, that I am just less stressed in general. If that is true, then I would feel equally comfortable now no matter what I wear. But, I have my doubts that is the case.

Am I the only one who has experienced this?

Check out my avatar. I wore this to a club. I was complimented on my ability to coordinate my outfit right down to my peeptoe pumps. I went there another time and wore a ruffled black skirt with gray straped pumps. Billie Jean

Quote Originally Posted by annecwesley View Post
    I have some ambiguity about cross dressing as in "transforming into the image of a woman" and cross dressing as "wearing clothing generally associated with the opposite sex.
    Crossdressing is just that.. wearing clothing associated with our opposite gender. Some of us are lucky enough to *look* like the opposite gender when we do it.

- MM

Yes, exactly jjj... I can't pass - the einstein mustache would have to go - but as a man in a skirt I get along just fine. I have worn skirts to professional associations, to work, to play, I even have a picture of me wearing a skirt at a speech by the US Secretary of the Navy. And I get no flack for it, and I get no professional repercussions.

And this then leads to just what you are saying: Whereas if I were fully crossdressed I would be tense with fear of being made, when I am a man in a skirt I am relaxed...just me.

Your post resonates with me. I could never pass. But I do like women's clothing. I have women's trousers that I wear regularly as a guy along with some heeled ankle boots and pantyhose. So I know what you're saying. I think I'll try the skirt as a guy someday when I'm feeling brave.

I was thinking about starting topic on kilts, but...

I did try to wear kilt on the streets. Feels nice and comfy. Love it.
    Unfortunately, being a "closet one" and not having any Scottish ancestry I cannot justify a kilt to my family. So even an official male clothing is kinda "closet" in my case.

Few weeks ago did a visit to a landmark (green-black tartan kilt with a greenish shirt). I noticed that some people did turn around and gave me a second look, one guy even sneaked a photo of me with his iPhone. That I believe was weird
    And I had only one comment. A lady with two teenage daughters waked past me, the lady said:
    "Nice kilt"
    "Thank you"
    "Very sassy"
    Then I heard that the older daughter said something to her mother in hushed voice and the mother exclaimed, "That's what I said".
    So for the rest of the day I was wondering what did she mean. Is her "sassy" good or bad?

I think, Wasia, that the "sassy" was a compliment. The mother initiated the conversation, and it sounds to me like she was trying to set a good example for her daughters. Politeness, compliments, open-mindlessness.

I could be wrong, but I tend to assume positives instead of negatives in any situation...And "sassy" is definitely a positive adjective when applied to any kind of clothing:-)

Jaye