Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Late transitioners

Cheryl i get that looking back you may not care but i believe sharing your experience is a wonderful thing..

it helps other people who may be in a situation that is similar to yours... your success in dealing with this has the power to help other people.

Banned Read only
    I agree Cheryl, it is important to share your story with others here. There are a lot of new girls (not in age but just coming to the realization) just lurking and might feel that there is nothing in common until one person posts their story and there it is in print in front of them. It allows them to see that it is entirely possible to make the change and be successful. That it is not just a pipe dream. The reality is that it is happening every day. Young, older, it has been happening for a long time. They are not the only one with these feelings, wants and needs.

I agree too Cheryl. If I had not found this site and read about the transitions of others who knows where I might be now. See signature below.

Now to kindness and compassion. When I first came here I ask a myriad of questions. Did I always get the answer I WANTED? No. What I received was knowledge from those that went before me and that knowledge was oh so helpful as well as invaluable to me in my transition. No one however told me it would be terrible. Difficult, yes, costly, yes, but I never took it in a mean spirited way. As for the quote that was posted saying "you can practice being right or practice kindness". That may be true when some one asks you if they look fat in this dress or some other trivial thing but give me right and honest when it comes to life changing things like transition.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell