Thread: Do we look like...?

Do we look like...?

How do we look to the world? The way we see ourselves in the mirror, or the way the camera sees us? It's not the same, is it? Does it matter?
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Banned Read only
    I know a camera is my worst enemy. Even in guy mode the picture betrays my eye. It's been a very long time since I've taken a picture of myself. I know the lens will betray her also. Does it matter? Only if you're trying to "pass" as a woman. It's why I only go out in the light rain with an umbrella to shield my face.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It matters if u wish to present as the woman u feel u r. Many here r not able to square that with who they see in their mirror.

It my case it totally matters. Because my female side is mostly a fantasy, that is who I want to see in my mirror. A fantasy female who is NOT me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I think everyones goal is to try to pass. But yes totally different perspectives. For me after I'm all made pretty in the mirror it doesn't' matter. For me there is a big difference. I do take pictures just to see that blind perspective and use that as seed to improve my look so one day I might be able to pass .

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    All I know is, last night at the Black Crown, Alex the waitress (a GG) told me as she passed, "Amy, you're gorgeous!"

And the GGs at the table next to me and my friends were very complimentary as well.

(I was wearing an old standby for the cooler weather...my French LBD with the green-and-blue ombre cardigan over it, black lurex tights, and calf-high black boots with about a 2" heel. And my rose quartz heart pendant, which I got because I always wanted one. )

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    No it dosent matter....apparently on this forum though...especially recently...passing is a major issue....i dont know ANY gal that can pass 100% of the time....so why worry. Just be the best you.

I am really hoping and praying that the world does not see the same thing
    that I see in a picture of me, I am really unhappy about what I see in a guy picture of me.
    the girly side of me looks ok, but the guy side I really dislike.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Was thinking the same thing recently. I have the impression that most people cannot give an impartial opinion of a photo of themselves or someone they care about.
    Maybe what happens is that your images gets distorted and altered by the emotions aroused.
    For example last night there was a young teenage waitress who had an orange face and way too strong black eyebrows.... it was comical.... how could she not see this... and why did noone tell her.... maybe only an impartial stranger can say such things.... but then i didnt either as I didnt want to upset her !
    Talisker because i like the taste and dont need another name or personality but needed some letters (numbers arent allowed on here). Found out later its a rare mans name on a small scottish island.

Sexually attracted to things with human female characteristics - Talisker, GGs, CDs, cheetara etc.
    Male things can be useful a CD accessory and for drinks or currys, directions and lifting stuff.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Catherine,

I truly believe we are our own worst critics and pictures are the worst way to judge yourself as they are flat two dimensional representations of you. We are more likely to pick out all the flaws because we know where they are. It is kind of like when you do some home renovations and make mistakes which you try to correct but can't. Most people won't notice but you know where they are and fixate on them to the point of obsession. In addition, pictures lack animation and the little things that go into your presentation which can allow you to "blend" in the real world.

I don't use the term "pass" as I believe none of us truly pass but more so we blend at various levels. I am fully cognizant that my build and mannerisms allow me to blend quite easily in large crowed areas as people are cognitive processors . . . girl clothes, smaller frame, long hair . . . girl. However should those same people come in for a closer look they will see guy features, lots of make-up, tired skin, wrinkles, some beard shadow peaking through . . . boy. If you are younger, less beard development, finer featured you blending timeline will increase however, something will always betray you unless you happened to be a guy who looks identical to a genetic girl in visage, shape and form (very, very rare).

I know it seems like a "doom and gloom" thing to say but there is some cathartic release (for me at least) in understanding my own presentation limitations. As a TG/CD (and I realize it is different for TS folks), I embrace the fact that I am a guy and never loose sight of the fact that I am fooling nobody when I am out and about. When I look in the mirror I see a guy who is dressed and presenting as a woman, not a woman. However that does not mean I don't wish others to see me as such but I am pragmatic in my assessment. If quick cognitive processors see a "girl" when I am moving about . . . I am happy with that. If people want to process at a deeper cognitive level and see an old dude in women's clothing and have a WTF moment, I am fine with that so long as they are polite and non threatening.

Hugs

Isha

When I look in the mirror I just see me. No matter how I am dressed. Sometimes I am happy with it, sometimes not so. How others see me is really none of my business. Everyone has their own opinion of everything anyway. All I can try to do is project an image of confidence. That and try to be nice to people and hopefully make at least one person smile and laugh everyday.

Reality Check
    A camera shows us frozen in a moment of time. Photos are a great way of seeing what we are doing right or wrong in terms of clothing, hair and makeup. The problem with photos is, you stop and strike a pose. Video is better at showing what we look like to others, especially if you ignore the camera and go about your business.

I dunno about anyone else but personally I tip both the mirror and camera to make me look good.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

There's a difference between transforming to pass and transforming to achieve a desired look. DocRS gets it. Dressing to pass in public is NOT every CDer's goal.