Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there cds who really are just comfortable being cds and not transitioning?

Never had any interest in transitioning.

Although OK with my male self, I'd be more OK if I lost 90 lbs.
    DonnaT

Careful I bite <3
    For me the only reason to follow any of the "transition" path, would be to attain certain qualities that would help me do what I like to do. To see the different sides of me I want to see. I'm already taking care of my skin and doing a lot of other things to attain this, but theres somethings that just won't come without some procedures reserved for TS's.

As for having an overwhelming desire to be a woman, I've never had that. I enjoy myself as a male (and not because I'm too heavily invested in it either). I've done a lot of soul searching and I like performing in bed as a male, being both dominant and submissive.

I have no issues transitioning either if I wanted to, and am not currently transitioning.

So I am definitely fine being "just a CD", if we see it as binary, but to be honest I'm a bit more than that, but not a TS either.

That magical switching pill would be awesome though, especially if I can take it every few weeks.

Aspiring Member
    Once upon a time I thought I might be a candidate for TS. Not now. That was back when I was just really starting to dress, go out with other CDs, etc. Now if I could come back to this world I'd ask God if she'd let me come back a real woman. But in this reality, no.
    Hell after 3 days en femme I'm just about ready to get out of it. Interesting piece over at tg forum about being in the closet. Going out discreetly but not revealing yourself to extended family, work. The girl was saying to do that would mean the end of her femme self. She actually needed the closet to exist. I feel some parallels there.

Aspiring Member
    I spend only around 30 hours a week dressed in male clothes (but underwear is women's). Apart from the clothes, there is nothing I envy about women - I prefer to relate to women as a man. I love dressing up and interacting with women too, though. But it is all an act - I never actually think of myself as a woman and I am perfectly happy for people to know I am a man. I am lucky that I have nice legs and a good figure, but I also look good in menswear - all I need to do is add boobs - I can do all the rest including the walk in heels.

I have used this analogy before, but not for a while. I am a gender tourist. I am like someone who loves visiting France, speaking French, moving like the French, smelling like the French, dressing and eating like the French, and love it if someone assumes I AM French, but I do not want to live there or become a French citizen. The clothes are wonderful, but they are just a costume.
    Last edited by susan54; 09-16-2014 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naomi Rayne View Post
    To use a small but effective example as i sit here typing this out my nails happen to be painted purple because a little while ago i was dressed up. Soon the color has to come off because i need to go to a college class and be professional and what not. Going with purple nails would not only get me judged by multiple people but if this was work or something more important then a class it could impact much more then just judgement.
    That is so much a dilemma in my brain. I have no desire at all to transition, but I do love having painted nails, and hate having to clean it off just because I have to go out (and it's too warm to wear gloves). This struck a real chord.

But it just means I'm a guy who likes painting his nails and wishes it was something he could do when in drab as well as drag.

absolutely. I have *no* desire to transition. Every once in a while, I like to wear a dress.. Whatever!

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Yep, I certainly fit into the no transition camp. I'm just a boy who dresses like a girl occasionally, but I am a boy and happy to stay that way.
    Call me Donna, please

I am not really sure about transitioning, I have think about it and is something that is always there..... since early age I always have feel different respect about gender, it is hard to describe but is more like something in between not happy being a guy but not sure if becoming a full woman will be the right decision on the meantime I just want to be a much better transvestite

I am one of the cross dressers who admitted I am TS. I know for most people here dressing is enough. I finally faced the fact I hid from all of my life. I knew from the age of 5 that I felt left out when it came to girls. I knew I should have been in their group not the boys. I did everything I could to make that go away. I became the best boy I could but the feelings never went away. When I started dressing it was like i finally came home. I cried when I had to go back to my male self. It's not about the clothes but rather the way I feel in the world. I do agree with Isha. This is not a black and white answer. There are degrees. I have cross dressing friends that are closer to me and others that are very different than me as far as TS. Finally, I envy you if you can dress and also feel fulfilled in your male life. I will eventually have to hurt my wife when I transition. I hate facing that decision. We have and will share many tears down this path.
    Hugs
    Suzanne
    Last edited by Suzanne F; 09-17-2014 at 01:25 AM.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i am very comfortable with my male side, but i like to dress too!

On the transgender continuum that stretches from simply slipping on a pair of panties every now and then to those who need to transition their sex I see my stop coming up here. I am a CD and that's where i get off.

Right now society sees me as male though I underdress daily and when I have time alone I'm me. But if society (and, more importantly, my wife) were OK with me presenting myself as either male or female then I'd probably be about 90% female and 10% male. I don't think I'd get any surgery done but I would probably pay for laser hair removal. So does that make me CD or TS? I'm not sure I know.

YES YES. YES. I am glade I'm a man. I just love dressing up as Susan in the soft and silky clothing women get to enjoy. Being out in public dressed as a women and getting away with it is such a high. The look, the walk, the make up, the effort you have to put in to look and act like a woman. I love every min but at the end of the day I need to be a man.

I too have had all the thoughts of could I transition. The answer is a simple no. I look in the mirror at the ax handle wide shoulders. The large frame, my chiropractor says it is the largest he has seen. I know it would never work. Those things and the thought of losing my best friend of almost 40 years keep transitioning off the table. Even though she loves me for who I am and I can dress when I want sort of. I can live with it. Although I would love to have my own boobs and not have to wear forms.

I do love to dress, (and wish I could do it more often ) but I also love my "regular" man life and I have no desire to actually transition.
    "I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."
    Lily Tomlin

I finally gave in and started a Flickr page for my pics, if you want to have a look....still loading haven't organized anything... https://www.flickr.com/photos/129221215@N08/

Quote Originally Posted by maya1love View Post
    Are there crossdressers out there who really feel comfortable in just being a part time crossdresser with no desire to transition?
    I am. I have no desire to go any further than where I am now, unless you count getting out of the house more lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I've been dressing since i found my first pair of panties while walking to school at the age of 5. I'm 48 now, and I'm quite content (sp) with who I am. I've never ever considered transistioning. Matter of the thought has never crossed my mind. I have no desires to be a woman.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

I have never had any desire to transition into a woman. I am a crossdresser... A man who occasionally likes to wear women's clothes.
    Cara

Platinum Member
    I would hope that the abundance of responses has helped clear up your misconception. If these testimonies aren't sufficient, perhaps the professional opinion of my gender therapist will. To paraphrase her, the vast majority of cross dressers are satisfied with occasional dressing. Only a very small percentage ever choose to live full time as women.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I just enjoy dressing . T S would be trying to become someone I am not

Banned Read only

Are there cds who really are just comfortable being cds and not transitioning?

* Yes *

Platinum Member
    Hi Maya, I really have the best of both worlds for over 67yrs. now and that's how I like it.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Janet Bern;3598183
    I like to dress. the last thing I would want to be would be a woman
    I have no desire to be a woman, but it's not the last thing I would want. Fer example, I'd rather be an alive woman than a dead man

Quote Originally Posted by stephNE View Post
    I am a crossdresser. For me, I have no interest in transitioning. Being a guy most of the time is fine.
    If I transitioned, would I have to throw like a girl? I don't feel like a girl inside, and have no need to become one. There are too many things I like about being a guy to transition. And even if I did transition, who's to say I'd become the girl of my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by natcrys View Post
    Let's keep this short, sweet and simple.

I'm a CD. The last 30+ years.. I have often wondered if I was a TS. Then I realized that I'm perfectly happy the way I am.. and thus concluded I'm not a TS.. and don't need to transition.
    Natassia: You present so well. I wish I had the freedom to do things that would help me present better. But, if I did any of those things, my wife would hire a lawyer.

My fantasy would be able to switch bodies back and forth on command. I just don't want to get stuck in an F body, because then I'd have to spend most of my time as an FtM.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 09-17-2014 at 06:32 AM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I love to dress and present myself in feminine mode, and I have fantasized about actually being a girl but in reality I'm a crossdresser who is satisfied being male.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Dorset View Post

... I've occasionally wondered what it might be like to inhabit a female mind and body...
    We're erratic and emotional and driven half mad by ever-changing hormones, or so my H would tell you.

Does this help??

Having the desire to be female, and wanting to do things that lead to transitioning and SRS, does not mean that you SHOULD. It's always easy to just say, go with your feelings, because if it feels right, then it is right.
    That's wrong. One must dig deeper, and find out where the feelings are coming from, and what the cause is. Let me give an example.
    You have a nice, big lunch. One hour later, you walk past a restaurant that serves bar-b-que roasted ribs, and they have their door open because it's such a nice day. Now, you can smell it. Your mouth waters. You want to eat some nice, juicy, tender spare ribs.
    Doesn't mean you should. The desire to eat has nothing to do with hunger. Your mind is just influenced by outside stimuli.
    Same with crossdressing. Unless you really know why you're inclined to do it, there's no way to know if you're actually TS or not. Just having an overwhelming urge to do it is not enough. Sure, there have been men out there who were absolutely miserable as males, deeply depressed, who felt that they couldn't live anymore unless they transitioned. And so their psychologists went ahead, gave them the O.K., and they transitioned. And were still depressed. Some even suicidal. So it's really, really important to take the time to investigate everything you feel in order to understand where the desires are coming from.

I know. I've been there. There was a time when I was absolutely sure that I was transsexual; I saw no other explanation for what I was feeling, and all the facts that I had up to that point supported the idea that I was really a girl on the inside. But I was wrong.
    Am I comfortable being a crossdresser? Well, no. It screws up my life. But transitioning would screw it up even more.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.