Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who else gets turned off by this ?

Who else gets turned off by this ?

I keep seeing ads for dresses for men and bras for men, Well that's really a turn off for me I want to wear clothes and accessories made for Women not something improvised to fit a man. I'm just wondering if anyone else feels the same way.

Does seem odd since the whole point is emulating GGs

Well,, Maybe so, but some things made for men in the female role seem to work better that the female version. I use a gaff, which I know works far better than womens panties. They just don't do a decent job of holding things in for long duration dressing. (Especially dancing!) Who really wants to fool around with tape , which I find very irritating. Panties over the gaff are ok and fit the need but can get hot. Everything else female seems to work fine on me though and I would prefer that.
    G

I still would prefer the feminine touch only womens clothing can bring me. It may be for a man but is it lacy? Does it have satin or silk? And the dresses? Do they look feminine at all? (No I haven't seen them) Just curious to know.

The problem with creating these garments for men is that the designers will attempt to masculinize them and they will undoubdtly only be available in the standard male colors of black, dark blue, brown, or gray.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Not sure turn off is my reaction. Everyone is different and has their own opinions on clothing. If I saw a dress that fits (and I liked it) would not matter if it was made for men.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Unfortunately, not all of us fit well in clothes cut for women, Natasha. However, I'm skinny and fortunate enuff to be able to replicate female figures. So, I only buy women's things. Much cheaper and their style is always authentic!

Ginger, I'm glad your gaff works for u. But, I have no problem holding my tuck thru a long nite of dancing with tite, lycra/nylon panties. I wear 2 small pair backward and never, ever worry about fall out!

Tape? Ewwwwww!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    I'm certainly not interested in male versions of women's clothes. What would be the point?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Live it! Love it! BeckyAnderson's Avatar
    I think it's a good idea....If it works to get society to buy into men wearing dresses and bra's and such then let them advertise all they want. Besides, if it were to become a viable style, who would be able to tell if it's a man's dress or a woman's dress that you are wearing? In fact, no one would care what we had on. Just a couple of cents worth

If the man bra enhanced and shaped better than a woman's bra and still had the tactile feel I might consider it. A dress is a dress, if it fits better and it is attractive to me I would consider it also. However if its tailored to a mans shape I doubt I would like the fit.

Thank you for all the great replies, That is so true if it gets rid of the taboo that others have about us then your absolutely right advertise away I however will stick to buying my 100% female attire. I don't worry much about gaff. Thank you

*~Plain-Vanilla TG Girl~*
    Do the men dresses come in pink....with little hearts or kitties printed
    on them? I may take a look in that case.

lol!

Yes they have all prints and colors just made in male patterns to hide belly or enhance female shape .

Seems like a win-win for MtF CD's. One complains about the lack of variety in men's clothing, thus forcing them to wear women's clothing, then, when someone makes some feminine clothing to fit the male physique, they complain again. Go figure. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck ....?, i.e. the final presentation is feminine with a good fit, why complain??

Sorry hun but you have it wrong first no one is forcing me to wear female attire I do so with my own free will I just prefer that its actually made for women. If I wanted male skirts I would simply buy some kilt and elevator shoes instead of heels. I want to feel authentic wearing real female attire not a gimmick wearing something similar. Thank you.

I guess some guys figure that way they can have their cake and eat it too without being called a "crossdresser" since the stuff is made for men. Whatever!
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    The clothing is something I can do that expresses how I feel inside. I feel like a mix of male and female. And mixing up my clothes reflects how I view myself and allows others to see it as well.

So would I wear a dress marketed for men, possibly, if I liked it. But I wouldn't be all like, oh yeah, now I don't have to wear female clothes! Nope I would still wear female clothing items that everyone would be clear that it was made for a woman.

Does that make any sense? Lately I just don't know anymore!!!!!

Interesting.... some CDers often complain and feel frustrated about not being able to wear certain articles of clothing they prefer which are womens (dresses, skirts, heels) then along comes mens dresses and other articles and some CDers are now complaining about these mens versions of dresses and stuff. For some, maybe it isn't about the type of clothing... but of who it is designed for??
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I wouldn't say that it turns me off. But I would say women's clothing, with all it's feminine allure turns me on, especially when I have it on.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    I absolutely agree, Natasha. Completely turns me off, and would never purchase anything like this.

The Mad Scientist
    Hmm.
    I guess I have never seen that kind of stuff. Anyone care to post a link?

Here is an odd idea: I think that we should all just wear silver metallic lycra body stockings like you see those aliens wearing on bad late night sci-fi.
    You know -- a bit like Katie's hot pants in gold. I do love those pants girl

It would be like a base layer - they we can just accessorize the outfit Happy Friday everyone!

Natasha,
    I agree with you. Its such a turn off to me as well. I purposely want to wear womens clothes! As a matter of fact, my wife once suggested for me to buy "speedo" type underwear instead of panties. YUK!
    In addition, I love the feeling of being in a womans clothing store and shopping amongst GGs. Just do.

Love,
    Lexi V.

Platinum Member
    The only thing I would consider wearing that is not pants made for men are kilts made for men. Wearing a dress or bra made for a man leaves a little to be desired-like the femininity of women's clothing. Hot pink lacy bra made for a man? I don't think so.

It's also a turn-off for me, I just don't find the male form to be attractive. i'm trying to look as feminine as possible so seeing a muscular guy in female clothes doesn't make me want those clothes.

You are 100% right on with the fun it is to shop amongst gg that gives me the extra adventure of feeling truly feminine.
    Thank you
    I am now off to get me a well deserved pedicure I hope I have guts to pic a color instead of shying away with clear. Jiji.