Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who else gets turned off by this ?

Where are these ads? I have never seen anything of the such.

I saw the same type of add on ebay , but in looking at the panty pic I do not see the difference unless it is their depth. I too like designed for women clothes especially panties as so many have said they are more comfy than the male types phylis anne

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I'm a bit confused by this thread. Are we talking about feminine clothes NOT for crossdressers?

Since the male body is not built the same, things like placement of the waist and corset measurements are probably best altered for the male form, for most of us. Those places that serve our community and are trying to generate the best fit for the body we have are probably helping many of us look good in our clothing, if you like the styles they sell. So far I've only bought a bra from places that advertise in this arena, but it really did fit well! I've had it for almost a decade!

I'm also confused - are you talking about materials or sizes?

If it's materials, then OK, but sizes, well then - my biggest problem in finding some thing to fit is HIPS. I don't have them. I am a size 20 top and waist and a size 12 hip. For dresses my problem is the bottom part is always baggy - tops and skirts I can mix and match, but if I could find a nice dress with 20 at the top and 12 at the bottom in the style I wanted then YES I'd buy it.

And I've experimented with corsets and hip pads, but I actually like to be able to just put on clothes that fit me without having to add lots of extra stuff. Except of course breast forms - can any CDer be complete without them?

I have returned nice clothing that I would really like to keep, and would have kept if they fit properly without needing a tailor.

A little tighter here... a little looser there... a little closer to the rectangular shape of a man versus a woman.

(gotta get a tailor)
    Quarterly TG Invasions: TgDetroit.com
    Facebook: MsVal Bralt

I've seen a couple of sites like that. One stop shopping for cross dressers. They have EVERYTHING. Besides clothing, they have lingerie, gaffs (to hide your junk), breast forms, wigs and shoes. It begs a question I've pondered for years. Just what percentage of the male population dress in women's clothes of some sort? If you look at these websites, they have a great selection and seem to be doing a great business. I mean face it, without a demand, there would be no business, but there is. I've never really noticed anyone on this site shopping there, including me.

Well here's my two cents. I buy clothes from local stores, like Kohl's, Dillard s and Soma. I want to blend in when I got out in public, so wearing what other women in my area wear would help. Here's something else. It's true some women's clothes don't fit. I wear a medium, (10-12) bottom and a XL top, and a 38c bra. And yes some clothes don't fit, but the majority of things do. That would be the same with GGs. Not every bra, every top, every dress, every bottom fits ALL GGs . That's part of the fun of shopping for clothes. Finding things that are cute and that fit.
    man, i feel like a woman

Banned Read only
    I have never seen such ads but they would not annoy me in the least.

I buy and wear stuff I like/that fits my "strange" body. I could care less where in the store it came from. I don't "dress" in either mode to suit or appeal to others or fit in. That would be plain crazy.

I wouldn't say it turns me off. I would say it creeps me out.

I'm not really sure that "turns me off" is the right way to put it, but I'm totally with you. I don't think I'd ever buy something that wasn't initially designed for women. That's kind of the point for me. It's crossdressing, is it not?

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaM View Post
    I wouldn't say it turns me off. I would say it creeps me out.
    I looked up "dresses for men" in google. Yeah something about it is just weird.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    The only thing I would consider wearing that is not pants made for men are kilts made for men. Wearing a dress or bra made for a man leaves a little to be desired-like the femininity of women's clothing. Hot pink lacy bra made for a man? I don't think so.
    http://item.rakuten.co.jp/wishroom/mensbra/ This is what Japan is up to!

http://www.hommemystere.com/ When I can bear to part with upwards of $70 I'll shop here happily.

I know for many if it was men's clothing it would lose all appeal. I've not had much luck finding dresses made for men as men in pretty or drab colors. If you have a link to those, please horrify me!
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Doesn't do much for me I would rather wear clothes for women.

Reality Check
    Are you talking about dresses and bras intended for men to wear in "male" mode or dresses and bras intended for crossdressers but proportioned to fit the male body better? There's a big difference.

Most of us have a hard time looking right in women's clothes because our proportions are not the same as typical females. Shoulders too wide, waist too low, hips and legs too thin, hands and feet too big, etc. Some of this can be made up for with padding, some cannot.

Depending on what you're talking about, I wouldn't say it turns me off, but rather it mostly misses the point. My favourite panties, ( jockey modern micro bikinis) fit well, hold everything how I like it, look good to me, and are reasonably priced. There are some styles from xdress that I am considering, some other places as well. However most of them miss the target from my point of view. They seem mostly aimed at gay men, and their choices in fabric and cut are not what I want. I don't really see much in the way of dresses for men. Bras are not something I wear. Of course, my look, or style, is not the same as most on here.

I don't really care if it is marketed to men or women, but yes, I do get a little kick from knowing I'm "cheating" and wearing stuff meant to be sold to women. Partly fetish, partly a satisfaction from "beating the system" and finding a way of saving money, or getting something that others have missed.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar

Really? Nobody has ended up there by accident ?

With a web address only one letter away from this forum :

http://www.crossdresser.com/

This entire site is made up of womens clothing tailored to fit mens bodies. I am amazed that (by the sounds of it) so few of you have landed on this site.

While I am not turned off by it, I'm not interested in it either. I don't want clothing made for my male body. I do my best with my shapewear to properly fill out real womens clothing, and I get much satisfaction from it. But I can fully understand why there would be a market for garments like that, just not for me.
    Last edited by Tracy Hazel Lee; 09-20-2014 at 10:34 AM.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

Tracy,

I may have misunderstood the original question. I know of that site, all of their fashions are designed for men to specifically look like women and well endowed women at that. I think the question was about some recent ads for bras/lingerie for men to wear without having to be "cross dressers" since it was made to actually fit them as is.

If I can get the same colors, fabrics and styles that are built to fit me right I'd be all for it. They also would have to not cost 3-4 times what I can buy in places like Lane Bryant, Walmart or The Avenue.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar
    Okay, maybe I read the question wrong. If it's not for the purpose of cross dressing, then I don't understand the point. And anyone who buys the stuff thinking that they're not cross dressing, is delusional. Come on, a guy buys a bra for bodily parts he doesn't even have? Umm... yeah. That's cross dressing.
    Last edited by Tracy Hazel Lee; 09-20-2014 at 12:41 PM.
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

The bras pictured in the link from the Japan store were designed to fit a man who does not have those parts while still looking lacy and pretty. Where the true line is between crossdressing and mens fashion freedom could be debated for a good decade and still not agreed on.
    Last edited by Jason+; 09-20-2014 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyAnderson View Post
    ... Besides, if it were to become a viable style, who would be able to tell if it's a man's dress or a woman's dress that you are wearing? ...
    Which side are the buttons on?

Aspiring Member
    I can see why some would get turned off if you can fit into a womens size 12 or less, or even a 16 or less, and your shoe size is less than womens size 10. You might feel differently if you were larger. I have to search high and low for a womens size 18-20 that fits reasonably well because GGs that are that size are typically as round as they are tall. I have broad shoulders and no big roll in the middle.

So a womens size 20 to fit my broad shoulders and 6'2" frame.....very desirable.....where is that ad???

Not appealing for CD purposes really. Maybe for CDs in denial. Or if they truly mean for men - no room for forms even, and including rough manly dresses, and sports bras for moobs... Unsatisfying for CDing, but if one's into that kind of fashion as a man...

If they meant for crossdressers, the wording is... not that good. At least say "female clothing to fit men" or just "dresses that fit men", not "men's dresses". That would be ok, not as nice as things truly meant for women, but ok.

Banned Read only
    Natasha,
    Look at it the other way, are you turned on by it ? The answer for me is certainly NO !!
    My dressing started by an attraction to a shapely swimsuit linked to thoughts of my GF, yes it was sexual and to a point still is ! So wanting to wear modified clothes to suit men has no attraction because I have no attraction to men !
    I do get Seana's point about sizing, OK I'm lucky To be able to fit UK size 12/14 but a big guy is not always the same shape as a big GG !
    Last edited by Teresa; 09-21-2014 at 08:55 AM.

I feel the same way that is why I shop on the girl's side of the store.

I understand the attraction of pretty, feminine garments. I like them too. They are only available on one side of the aisle, and I enjoy shopping there. I've purchased quite a few of them from there. Unfortunately, few of them exactly fit my 38-33-37 (97-84-94 cm) dimension, so everything is done as separates and/or compromises. This is particularly true of bathing suits which reveal every gap and pucker. (Yeah, as if I would really go outdoors wearing a bathing suit. <horror!>)

I do not have any problem with the availability of those same styles, with the same fabrics, that are tailored to better fit the male rectangle.

I may be an exception. With me, it's not about the thrill of wearing something that was intended to be worn by women. There is no thrill. I just want to wear clothing that fits well and is appropriate for the occasion.
    Quarterly TG Invasions: TgDetroit.com
    Facebook: MsVal Bralt

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha V View Post
    I keep seeing ads for dresses for men and bras for men, Well that's really a turn off for me I want to wear clothes and accessories made for Women not something improvised to fit a man. I'm just wondering if anyone else feels the same way.
    Part of the thrill for me is wearing something intended for a woman, so a plain woman's panty is preferred for me over something frilly but made for a man.

On the other hoof, if these thing increase acceptance then more power to them. I might buy some to support them.