Thread: to dress or not to dress

to dress or not to dress

Hi All, I know I'm not a regular in posting , but believe me I do read all your posts, anyway I don't see the following as a problem but am curious
    if I'm the only one or not.
    my beautiful wife allows me 5 days a week to dress, which I'm of course very happy with, but the last week or so, I don't feel like dressing at all
    is that just me , or are there more girls who have that , and to day I wasn't sure if I wanted to dress but after lunch I did it anyway and now I feel happy that I did please give us your thoughts on it , , I'm looking forward to your replies

I can get to about 10 days without dressing before the stress levels hit the roof
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Read only
    Your dressing has reached an acceptable level in your life !
    You know you can't live without it but it's not a secret to your wife so it has lost the dare factor, you can do it more or less when you choose in the five days, if it doesn't fit in with other things you know you can give it a miss and do it some other time.

I would hope to get to your stage, if my wife said after some heavy, dirty jobs I could dress later if I chose without her having to go out that would be great !!

I only know that being a woman or feeling like one can be a full time experience. Dressing like one is optional, however or so it seems.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    It's common for the desire to dress to ebb and flow. I can't say I experience that, personally, but others here have expressed the same feeling. It sounds as though you have a very accommodating wife and ample opportunity to dress. So one day or another you may not feel up to it. That's ok.

Of course, there are times when the process of getting made up and dressed seems like too much effort. In my life, unless I'm going out, I keep it pretty casual...light make up, something comfy and casual. I'm still me, just with less effort.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beam47 View Post
    to day I wasn't sure if I wanted to dress but after lunch I did it anyway and now I feel happy that I did
    Depending on business appointments I dress 4 to 5 days a week. There has been no diminution of my wanting to dress. In fact I worry how I would cope if my ability to dress were to reduce.

I sometimes do experience what you found ... can I be bothered with all the rigmarole? And like you I am happy when I put in the effort. Often they turn out to be the best days.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I'm pretty active and looking pretty while active isn't one of my priorities. Dressing, for me, is no longer an obsession, just an avocation. I have others.

I certainly wouldn't feel like dressing very day even if my circumstances allowed it. Real life gets in the way, and I don't have a compulsion to do everything whilst dressed (any more. Just like to be able to when the urge takes me. I did spend some time with my own place, and at first I dressed every night, but after a couple of months (yes months!!) it got much more spasmodic.

Hi Beam (?)
    First of all it doesn't matter if you are a regular poster or not, you are a Forum member and that's the main thing. As to the topic of your post, I believe it is a normal part of the cycle possibly brought on by an over stimulation from frequent dressing. I am in that same space at the moment. I have no interest in dressing or exercising my fem side. I will dress when I am ready to for I know if I force myself I might not enjoy it as much. Life for me has been 'interesting'of late which has been a big distraction for me over the past few weeks but I can feel myself getting back on top of things. With that the desire to 'fem up' is tapping away patiently.
    Great to see another aussie girl here. Stay in touch

Careful I bite <3
    I think I would get to the same if I dressed enough, although if somehow my life turned into dressing full time, I'd probably be just as happy.

The one thing I can't imagine is being told not to be me most of the time. It seems like you have time to be you. So be you.

Aspiring Member
    Once you get what you think you want then you don't want it anymore or never really wanted it to begin with. Such is life.

Banned Read only
    Bimini,
    You don't believe that ! Life is always a challenge ! There's always a next step, do something better next time !!

That feeling is natural i think . I dress for me , i enjoy it . I sleep in a nightgown almost every nite.Dressing fulfills a need for me .

As with others, the need comes and goes. I'm fine with that, I am after all a guy who just likes to dress like a woman. I enjoy the things I do no matter which mode I'm in. To me, accepting it as it comes to me keeps it fresh and fun.

Angela xx

I also go through times when I don't feel like dressing, even though my wife is as supportive as one can be. Even though I may not dress during the day, I always try to wear a long nylon gown to bed. What a great feeling when I wake up in the middle of the night and feel my nylon gown around me.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

Rings true with me, sometimes i don't feel like it, which is cool, because i don't want my need to dress to escalate. If i skip it for a while it is more potent when i return to it. But when i do dress when i may not feel like it, it is pretty nice anyways. Anyways, i'm pretty sure i am motre productive when i don't dress.

Remember a bad day dressed is better than a good day not dressed!! Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I go through similar phases all the time. Some months I can not go a day with out putting something on and equally I can go without dressing. I guess it is life. How busy the day was or what is going on in the house that prevents it. I guess like you I have(had) a women that allowed me to do it whenever. Knowing that created a less of urge just to dress and get it out of the way. I say urge because it has and still is a stay in the house kind of thing and generally I would only have so much time to do it. Anyways I guess I am saying as long as you are happy is all that matters!!!

Aspiring Member
    Like most of the reply's there are times when I need to dress at every opportunity that I get and other times just once in a while will do. Just like today I have a need to get feminine after a stressful week and hopefully I will need to be dressed again tomorrow as well. I need to get into one of my happy places and this one happens to be dressed as a woman.

The Mad Scientist
    For me - definitely phases. Sometimes more sometimes less.
    I usually can't go more than a few days without at least a cute top or a skirt here or there.

Now, the underdressing - well (cough) that is a whole different can of worms.

Yes, I have times of strong dressing desire and times where the desire is naught. My times of dressing are limited due to family requirements however I find that when I have a longer period of opportunity, the desire ebbs.

I am unable to fulfill my desires to dress nearly often enough, so I rarely pass up an opportunity. There have been very few times when I have chosen not to when I had the chance. Perhaps if I were more at liberty to dress when I want, it might be different.

Hugs,
    Susie

I think you go through flat spots and a way of curing that is to change your routine.
    I sometimes try outlandish fashions or even give dressing a weeks hiatus.
    It works for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.