Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Isha is going to work today (well sort of)

Gone to live my life

Isha is going to work today (well sort of)

Hi all,

As some may know I have come out as TG at work and have been given the support of my military chain of command. Now this does not mean I will be going to actual work place as Isha as that would just be me in combats with a wig and that is not pretty. Besides there is nothing in current policy which allows a TG/CD to dress in the opposite gender uniform for purpose of work. However, a unique opportunity has presented itself and I will be taking advantage of it. Since I came out, I also discovered the Canadian military is rewriting it's TG policy so I called the desk officer and set an appointment to discuss it with her a week back. It went well and we discussed my participation in the policy writing board. So today I am meeting with her supervisor to discuss the TG/CD side of the spectrum as the current policy does take us into account. My intent is to ensure we have the same rights of protection as the current policy affords TG/TS members. I asked if she minds if I attended as Isha as I feel more comfortable discussing my TG side dressed as such . . . she agreed. So I will be going to a military establishment for the first time as Isha to discuss something near and dear to me . . . rights. I decided to wear a new dress as it is such a lovely warm day today . . . wish me luck as I am heading out to my meeting now.

Hugs

Isha
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Wonderful! Good luck Isha!

Wow, Isha, this is so awesome! You must be so excited (and nervous) Well, you look amazing (as always) and I am sure you will do yourself and all of us proud. Good luck, honey! I am so proud of you for what you are doing! You rock, Sis!
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    That is very cool and I really like that dress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

Good Luck, Show them we are not just for show hun. Love Natasha

You have guts! But times have changed. Militaries have changed. Sadly, i was discharged from the U.S. AF for wanting Saturdays off, for sabbath rest.

i could never have imagined military allowing cd rights in my lifetime! You look fantastic, beautiful dress! Best wishes there.

Banned Read only
    Best wishes. You look lovely.

Isha, you look great.
    Oh, how I wish....

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm so proud of you Sis.
    Please let us know how it went.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    What a great opportunity! You look terrific -- best of luck

Isha, you are leading the way again for the rest of us, THANKS! But then I guess the military has invested a lot in making you a leader, soooooo we don't expect any less!

You look great , I hope all goes well!

Hugs, Bria

Isha, I must say I was not aware that there were differences between male and female uniforms anymore, I thought it had all gone unisex. But how very, very brave for you to walk into a military establishment like that! Good luck!

Angela xx

Miss Isha, girl you look lovely, I so happy for you I glad to hear that your military is moving forward on this item, being x-military, I always had to keep it very low,by the way girl did you see my thread on my coming Halloween costume. I will be thinking about you and hoping that you can show them that your the same person dressed either way and can do the mission at hand. Can't wait to hear how it comes out. hugs your friend Stacy
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Isha, Yes, all the best with this. It sounds as though the Canadian forces are more enlightened than those south of the border. And yes again, what a great looking dress!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

isha is as isha does, paving the way again, you do rock that dress, kudos for volunteering your time with the board.

best of luck today....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Excellent news!

That is a fantastic dress and suits you perfectly! I want to get an Indian style tunic in something like those colours, cut for a men's frame, don't have or want forms. Stunning look, Go Isha!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I am sure you will do us proud. And you look great.

Alana

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How inspiring and brave of u, Isha! I hope it all goes well for u? Obviously Canada is lite years ahead of the US military.

I doubt I'll hear in MY lifetime someone say that they were told by an official of the US military, "Sure. Show up crossdressed. That will be just fine!"
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Wow...what an opportunity. I'm sure you'll do very well. And that dress. Super a far cry from standard issue uniform. Was actually hoping to see that picture. you'll represent us well and are a great ambassador.

Hotsy totsy. You look stunning my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

That is so awesome! Let us know how to things progress!

Oh.. and cool dress, btw!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

I...love...that...dress
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Well i do know one thing, Isha. That dress is definitely NOT cammo!!! I'm having late 60's, early 70's Fashback! I was a competitve swimmer back then and one of my practice speedos had that pattern and colors in it. When my mom said why such a wild suit, I told her it was so they could find me if I went to the bottom. I figure thats some of the tactic you're using with that dress, you will not be missed in a sea of cammo in that outfit. Way to go!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Great story, great person , great dress. Educate them , Isha. Peace, mel

You go Girl!! Wow, that is amazing. So very proud and impressed with what you are doing.

BTW....if that dress suddenly goes missing, you will have to drive 2 hours to get it back!!! You look so amazing...

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...