Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dress to pass or not?

Dress to pass or not?

Hi there i have a quick question for you all when you go out en femme (that is if you do go out) do you dress to pass as female or not i always try my hardest to pass as female when i am out this includes makeup and a wig as i think it would be a bit weird not to when you are dressed in female clothes

what are your opinions on this subject

meg

I dress to pass. Whether I succeed or not is another question. But it's rare that I have a problem when out.

Agreed. I dress to pass.

i dress for me, as i feel wonderful when i do, but do try and blend!
    paula

Dress to pass and blend but with my size I'm read unless from a distance.
    Do what GG's do and stay out of "dangerous " situations.
    Chin up and keep smiling. And even if you don't venture out,enjoy.
    Char

I dress for my own pleasure and enjoyment. My days of thinking about passing are long gone.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

definitely dress to pass. or blend in. are right to think it would be odd to wear women's clothes without a wig and makeup. it not only will make your experiences easier, but the more that we as a whole come and go as we please, it makes it easier for all of us. as they say, out of sight, out of mind.

another thing I've learned is that dressing to pass does not mean picture-perfect. GGs hair and makeup is not always perfect, so why should ours be?
    man, i feel like a woman

Passing is a pretty hard (impossible?) target, but I certainly aim to blend -- wig, make-up, and clothes that are appropriate to my age and the venue.

i always dress to pass, that is all of the fun for me

I don't dress to pass, I dress because that's who I am. I do it with some common sense though, if I'm going to be wearing a skirt without tights or a shirt that shows skin, I will be cleanly shaven. Bottom line is that I want to be treated as the gender I express, if I appear female that's how I want to be referred as.

I don't see the point of dressing unless it is dressing to pass. It's the only way to go.

Very early days for me at the mo having recently outed myself to my wife so my cross dressing is strictly for my eyes only - make-up & leg shaving have still to be tried out but, if the time comes when I'm confident in my alter ego then it will be all out to look as good as I can. For now though, it's another quiet night in wearing blue topped hold - ups, my recently acquired first pair of heels, a blonde wig my wife bought me yesterday & a gorgeous blue flowery & floaty knee length dress which I bought on Saturday for £4.99 at a charity shop. Well, every girl loves a fashion bargain!

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    I dress to pass / blend. But I'm not a jeans or sweat pants kinda girl. Hair styled, makeup (I'm getting there). Fully aware that I will stand out if noticed.

Whether I pass or not is irrelevant to me. But when I do dress I try to present as a female as possible.

When I go out, I dress to look like a woman. Whether I do or not is up to the perceptions of those I meet.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I would love to be able to pass but not having a wig or any makeup skills

Aspiring Member
    I dress primarily for myself. It is important to me to get the clothes and accessories exactly right even if I am alone in the house. However I only wear make up and a wig to go out in public. I then act as a woman - fortunately I seem to be able to do the walk, so that I blend in even when very well dressed. On the other hand I only interact with women who already know I am a man, so it is not really passing. There have been occasions when strangers (women) I have been interacting with have assumed I am a woman which gives me a bit of a kick, but generally I am happy for people to know I am a man - what I enjoy is when they say I still look fantastic. So the idea is to look good in women;s clothes and act well as a women, but not to fool people that I AM a woman. I am on stage. I am a gender tourist.

I dress to pass, but as other have said whether I succeed or not, that is the question!

Hugs, Bria

most certainly to pass / blend .... don't need a pitch fork party................................Debra

I dress for me, but I do try to be the best woman I can when I go out. Whether or not I pass is no longer an issue for me. At first it was, but now I know that most will not see me as such so I just want to blend in and express my femininity as best I can. It's more important for me to be me and be accepted as such than to "pass".
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    No, I don't dress to pass as a female at all, or blend in any way, shape or form but I ALWAYS "pass".

As just a Human.

By treating people right. Nor do I live in any special "accepting" city.

Needing to "present" as a female to "pass" [for a man dressed wrong] is just another Forum Myth.

Platinum Member
    Hi Megan, I don't go out but I dress to look the absolutely best that I can.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Megan,
    I dress to pass, but in reality, all I can do is 'blend': a little over 6 ft. in moderate heels, conservative skirt and blouse, wig and makeup. When I walk out the front door, it's the whole nine yards, dressed to the nines.

Jill
    "It is so easy to exist, instead of live. Unless you know there is a clock ticking."
    --Anna Quindlen, writer, journalist, columnist

I try hard to look an drss like a woman, but I don't fool myself. I don't pass, but I'm aiming for plausible deniability.

I would never go out in a skirt without forms, makeup and a wig.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I do dress to pass and to enjoy myself. I don't believe that I would hold up under close inspection, but I do try. No one who knows me as my male self would ever imagine my female side, but I feel if I am going to crossdress, I should make my best effort.
    julie marie