Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dress to pass or not?

I havent been out in public yet, but i wish to someday!! But when i dress, i want to pass as much as possible, its so much more fulfilling even if i am just doing it in private haha

This really depends on where I am going. I mostly under dress. The few times I have dressed to go out, I have done my best but don't honestly think I came even close to passing.
    If I could actually pass, I would definitively make that a goal when I got dressed. As it is, I just do the best I can to feel feminine.

PS... interesting that i initially misspelled definitively and one of the correction options was effeminately... Just one of those things that make you go hmmmmm...
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Banned Read only
    Megan, I have always dressed to pass as a girl. The whole point of this for me is that I want to be as feminine as possible. I now live every day as feminine as possible.

Public and private, I'm always happiest when I feel like I look like a girl / woman.

In public, I have learned that the best way to "pass" is to "blend". I've learned to dress appropriate to my age, size, and situation.
    I don't wear a miniskirt and heels to the mall, and I don't wear a low cut blouse to church.

When I want to blend, I need to look better than half the women and not as good as the other half.
    If I look too good, I become the target of extra scrutiny - women look for flaws in a rival, men look for ways to enhance their fantasies - both ways the attention can get me read.
    If I get too sloppy, I seem boyish - then they realize I'm not as much of a girl as they thought.

For a costume party, like Halloween, I'll be like the other girls, and dress as campy and sexy as anyone.

At home, at the end of the day, I might take the wig off while I'm relaxing in front of the TV or computer.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Even thou i am in the closet i still try to dress to pass it is just who i am .Love looking like a girl !
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I don't own ANY drab clothes any longer, everything I have is from her side of the store. When feeling lazy...just minimal makeup and casual clothes, but when I am feeling it, I take the extra time to really fem it up and just roll. People around here are used to it I guess cause I have had no negative incidents..to my face at least. I always get compliments from other women on my nails or hair and even get ma'amed most of the time. Like the last time at Dillards checkout, buying hose, another lady rushed up to ask something but the SA said, I will be right with you as soon as I am finished with her, which made my day.
    Last edited by Sarah Welch; 10-09-2014 at 03:38 PM.
    The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. When you trade in your reality for a role. You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask.

We are buried beneath the weight of information,
    which is being confused with knowledge;
    quantity is being confused with abundance
    and wealth with happiness.
    We are monkeys with money and guns.

I agree with Nikki. Whenever I dress it is to present myself as a woman, whether I can pass or not.

I dress to blend in. I am comfortable wearing makeup, wig, painted nails, ladies slacks and blouse, heels. Once I finally started going out and feeling comfortable regardless of what people may think I find more courage to go to another level of dressing.