Thread: 30 days

30 days

So a gf an I where talking. On how long it takes her to get ready. An it went on to she says a woman has it harder. Etc etc. So she challenges me to a bet that I can't do it in less than 45min shaving make up getting dressed an out the door. Gives me 30 days to prepare. Lol. She has no idea about me but I said id try. So its been 3 yrs since I even did make up an getting around. Tips an advice would help. I need a routine schedule somehow. Im not good at that.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Joan,

Interesting challenge. My first question is are you concerned if this friend finds out about you? Just wondering because if you pull this off it might be a "Hmm now how did he manage to do that so well?" moment and raise a few questions. Not saying it is going to happen but I would be prepared for it just in case.

Well . . . 45 minutes sound daunting especially if you are rusty but you have 30 days to "train". WRT the challenge how presentable do you have to be . . . is it just a close shave, foundation and make-up or do you have to have complete beard cover. Beard cover is what I find takes the longest so depending on your beard (dark, light, heavy) this is where you will need the most practice so has to make the foundation presentable. For me the eyes are my next stumbling block with getting them right (mascara, eyeliner, shadow) can all smudge, and so forth. So I normally do my beard cover first up to first light foundation layer then eyes. That way I don't ruin any final foundation with eye smudges and have to start all over. Lips are always last for me.

Do you have to dress complete, wig, nails painted. You will need to take all this into account as they will eat into your preparation time. I guess I would practice parts of the make-up then work up to a few full dry runs just prior to the challenge date.

Good luck

Hugs

Isha

After it over admit you really enjoyed it and maybe would like to do it again

Jean Ann

Joan, you should ask for a bit of a "mulligan" here (to borrow a golf term). She does not have to shave her face to get started, so you should ask that the clock start at the finish of shaving. That should buy you a little time! Also look for a pattern of application where you can do other things as things dry or set up. Sounds like a lot of fun to me! You should ask her if you getting ready on such short notice means she wants to do things with you en femme if you're ready in time?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I dont think it is fair to include nails...lol. I don't know very many GGs that could do full makeup AND nails in 45 mintes. For that matter, including facial shaving is probably unfair as well. Seems like it ought to be a level playing field. Take out those two aspects and 45 minutes is easy.
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

I don't think I could do it in 45 minutes. Start to finish for me is well over an hour. I really enjoy my time getting ready, so I never rush.

Careful I bite <3
    Shower in less than 10 minutes, include the face shave since you don't have long hair to deal with including drying time etc means you overall have an unfair advantage. Women can balance this by not washing their hair every day which is considered a good thing now. Handling a shower cap will take a bit of time as well.

Don't spend time doing full beard cover, it is not part of a normal GG routine, and would be unfair to include. Shave only legs and underarms for the same reason, and be pre-shaved since it's MUCH faster to touch up than to start after not having shaven for even 1-3 days (our thick hair that grows faster isn't particularly easy). Feel free to be waxed as well which is another GG strategy that lasts for a few weeks.

Practice eyeliner (simple top eyelid non-winged or cat-eye) and neutral or simple smokey eyes. Go for a quick face routine, primer, concealer on red spots, simple light coverage foundation, eyeliner, eyeshadow, do lips and your ready to go. It's possible but you will be somewhat stretched.

Since it's not your daily routine I'd say you could claim at least some handicap.

Wow, 30 days to play with makeup... What a lucky girl !

Here's how I do it and it usually takes around 45 minutes. It does not include doing fingernails.
    1. Shave. First with the electric razor to get the major part of the beard, then with a regular razor to get the rest.
    2. Shower. Shave the body.
    3. After drying off, put on my bra and top. If it's a dress, I'll put on panties, slip and hose as well. I'll put lotion on my legs and feet before I put on hose.
    4. Primer and foundation.
    5. While it's drying, I'll put on a skirt and hose, (if I'm wearing that) perfume and jewelry
    6. Finish face. Mascara, Eye shadow, Eye liner, Blush, Lipstick, (Just the order I do things, yours may vary.)
    7. Hair (Wig) Lotion on my arms.
    8. Shoes.
    9. Done.
    man, i feel like a woman

I agree women do not do nails as part of their regular morning routine (at least none of the ladies in my household)

30 days to train. Hmmm you could break it down into 1 day routines you practice one part for a while then another. See which kind of flow to the next part easily and what takes the longest to know what to do 1st. SOunds like a great fun thing to do. Hope I coiuld find a GG to do that with!!! Lucky you

Piece of Cake!.....It normally takes about 45 minutes for Paula to arrive when invited. I've usually shave in the morning and don't typically do it before dressing. My complexion and hair are light colored so I do not have to take a lot of time for beard coverage. I'm also usually shave head to toe so arms and legs are ready to go. I can do make up in about 20-25 minutes (I've practiced for years) and can dress in about 10 minutes. The things that take me most the time when going out are: picking out my out fit for the evening; transferring my man pocket stuff to my purse; getting my emergency clothes together and in a bag; and just checking to see that everything is in order and that I look good. You could do come of the afore mentioned things ahead of the 45 minute so shaving, makeup and dressing are the main issues.

BTW, what's the reward if you meet the challenge, (besides the fun of getting dressed up for a GG)? She may owe you a bra/panty shopping trip I think.

Joan,
    Just start practicing, it's like riding a bike, your skills will quickly return.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thanks. Im sure it will come back.

Personally, yeah nails are out for a "morning" makeup routine.
    All I've ever known was that those usually done at different time (e.g. Previous night,etc).
    Nails generally can't be done without an hour idle time to dry so they can't get damaged.

Now WRT shaving..
    Well the one thing talked about in _her_ prep is her hair.
    If you wig it, then that's an advantage to you.
    But you shave.
    So potentially you can be equal shaving-to-her hair for that time amounts.

The rest is pretty much just skill I guess. (And hoping no corrections are needed).
    I can shave and makeup in 30 mins..but then need to add dressing time and locating jewelry or belts that I misplace somewhere
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!

What happens if you lose the bet?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Reality Check
    Without a definition of "getting ready", the whole contest is meaningless (but could be lots of fun). My wife is up, dressed, eats breakfast, feeds the dog and is out the door in 30 minutes or less each morning but she is going to the gym. It takes less time to get ready for the gym than it does for a prom.

I think it's possible that she has an idea about your dressing or she wouldn't have brought it up. Once the day comes and you do it she will know for sure because most non-crossdressing men don't own their own bras, forms, padded panties, wig and women's clothes and shoes, much less makeup.

So how about this - If you win the challenge she has to go out with you in public as girlfriends for the whole day or evening.

I've done my makeup in 10 min before. (though I'd rather have 15-20) and I can be dressed in another 10. Shaving on the other hand, slows things up a bit.

Never really discussed if I won or lost lol .o im sure she'd go out . Most of my friends are girls. Some know me really well an all about me some just know as a guy lol

It's all been done. Youtube. Everyday makeup in ten minutes. Search and yee shall find. also hair, etc.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Joan,
    "She has no idea about me" Are you sure about that?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

"She has no idea about me.'

I'll bet she had a hunch, and you accepting the bet confirmed it.

As much as we'd like to believe it, a regular guy wouldn't do it on a bet.

Bu since she presumably knows, have fun with it.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I dont know I would not think she knows.??? Ill do anything to prove a point lol maybe she does.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Like everything else, the more you work at it the better, and faster, you get.
    When I first started on my quest to "pass" I'd spend many hours just putting on my face over and over again.
    And when you do get it half right and go out, have someone take a photo of you, which is the ONLY way to tell how you REALLY look.
    You may not hit a home run everytime, but when you do, it's a really great feeling of accomplishment and of real inner satisfaction.
    Stay safe.