Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my first time out with my wife! and hope for others

Smile my first time out with my wife! and hope for others

Yesterday, my wife and I made our first steps out into the world together with me fully dressed!!! Big steps for her and I am so happy and proud!!!

A quick bit of background. I had never told my wife of my dressing. 2 years ago circumstances occurred that ended up with me in a thong (and loving it! ) and we progressed to me wearing them daily, then to shopping for clothes and shoes, and make up. It seemed like things were going well and she was supportive. I took the opportunity to buy some forms and wigs and one day completed the look for her for a night in. It was a big step, but seemed to go well. A month goes by and we start to have some marital issues. Some things were said, and it became obvious she wasn't as enthusiastic as I had perceived. This let to me having deep feelings of rejection and a lot of self esteem issues. I began to question every other aspect of our relationship. This led to us separating for a while. During this time we continued to talk identity issues.
    Over a year has passed since the first time my wife first saw me totally dressed. During this time, my wife was able to realize dressing is a part of me, part of my past, and part of my future. It is who I am. Maybe she was able to accept or at least come to terms with things. It certainly wasn't over night and it was on her own terms. Her efforts and willingness to try has helped me feel accepted again.
    Recently, we began to reintroduce feminine aspects into my life. We have begun shopping again. She has begun suggesting thongs again, and about a month ago we made our first trip to a nail salon for mani/pedi with color!!!

Last night we were at home and playing with some new make-up purchases. She helped me complete my look and style my hair. She complemented my look and I jokingly suggested we go catch a late movie, fully expecting it to be a dvd.. She thought for a second and asked what would I wear and what should she wear. We coordinated clothes and It became obvious she was preparing to actually go to town. I admit my heart races with excitement. This was about to be the defining moment of feeling accepted by my wife.. and the anticipation was intense.

I finished up my outfit. Decided on a flowing purple shirt. 7 jeans. And a pair of wedges. Not the skirt and heels I would have wanted, but much more event appropriate.
    We walked out of the house together and my smile was huge and obvious. We were actually too late to make a movie so filled the car up with gas, went to a frozen yogurt shop and had a dessert. Then made the obligatory trip to Walmart and bought some new colors of nail polish, and some new sleep clothes for us.
    All total we were out for 3 hours. It would have been an unremarkable night in drab. But fully dresses it was an incredibly special night to me and a lot of fun. I was in heaven!. My wife showed me unconditional support, love and acceptance of me. I can not thank her enough for her effort and for all of the unexpected stuff has to put up with by being married to a cross dresser.
    I believe my wife got to see that no one cared. Nothing happened to me her feel uncomfortable. The world didn't end.. and we had fun!!!
    My wife wins the SO of the year/life award!!! At least in my book.. ha ha

I hope others who feel their SO hasn't been supportive might read my story and find hope that things can improve. Communication is the key to our success.

Congratulations and thank you for sharing such an uplifting story. It is great to hear your relationship is back on track and that you are exploring together!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    How wonderful! You are very lucky. Enjoy!

Definatly! Wife of the year! So happy for both of you! ...Now better surprise her w/flowers and thank you card!
    xoxo Jasmine

Always, always great to read a happy story.

Gone to live my life
    Hi there,

What a great story and what a wonderful evening . . . I could see your smile just reading the story.

Hugs

Isha

You have a remarkable wife who has demonstrated her love for you in unmistakable ways. There were some hard times, but your love for each other was sufficient to overcome them.

The acceptance, understanding, and support she has shown is remarkable. I am sure that you agree, and that you demonstrate your love and appreciation daily.

That indeed was an awesome evening. Thanks for sharing such an uplifting story.

Banned Read only
    Sounds like a fun and wonderful time was had. Keep the lines of communication open and you better do something to show your thanks to your wife. I am sure diamonds would work!

Be sure to tell your wife how happy that made you feel, and give her an extra hug!

Hugs, Bria

Great story, novice, but please remember to proceed at your wife's pace for the next while and don't overwhelm her with new requests or expectations until she has fully digested all of this. That insidious "pink fog" of ours has a way of sneaking up on us when we feel at ease with ourselves and are anxious to push the crossdressing envelope further, but others in our lives whom we have made part of this journey might be proceeding at a different pace at times.

And as others here have said, make sure you reward your wife for his huge accommodation that she has made on your behalf by still being the loving and attentive husband that she loves and deserves, and giving her plenty of "guy" time as well.

cdnovice, I'm glad that you were able to go out and have a good time. It's even nicer that things have seemed to work out with your wife.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    You got it.
    Three Cheers for your wife!!!

Awesomeness!!!

...Then made the obligatory trip to Walmart ...:-) My first dressed trip out with my wife was to a Walmart, because she insisted that none of my shoes were appropriate. 10:00 at night, and there we stood in the shoe aisle and it was ME, not HER who was starting to panic:-) "Can't we just grab a pair that fits and get out of here?"...But noooo, she wouldn't leave until she'd found me the right pair. Which she finally did. We paid for them, I put them on, and then she walked ten feet behind me as I headed to the car.

When we got to the car, she was ecstatic, because 3 different men, who never got a front view of me, had given my backside the once or twice over, and she took all the credit because of how the shoes she'd picked out made my legs looks.

so congrats! And thanks for bringing me a smile!

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

Sounds like a great evening! Thanks for sharing. Treasure the experience, but take your time for more.
    Get flowers for your for your wife, right now!!
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

I am very glad that things went so well for you. Success stories are always wonderful to read, and many of us who have then to tell are having so much fun with life that we forget to tell them!

Although I love doing "special events", the fact is that I derive more satisfaction from doing more mundane things while en femme. I think that this completes the experience and gives your gender exploration a certain normalcy.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I find the story a great one to show objecting wives.
    Not those that are against it but those that are in their later stages of slowly coming around.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I appreciate everyone's comments. I agree my wife deserves big hugs, flowers, and probably diamonds too. I try not to push her and let her set the pace for our activities together. I have had her approval to go out dressed without her for some time now, but there is something much more rewarding about sharing things with her.
    I shared my posts and everyone's comments with my wife. It brought tears of joy to her eyes. I didn't really know what reaction to expect from her, I just wanted her to read my description of the night and hope she really knew how much I appreciated her effort.

Cdn..

That is a BIG step for BOTH of you. I'm glad it went well.

If I may offer some advice, I try to keep things to a 2 to 1 ratio. That is, I make sure when my wife and I go out, I make sure she gets the boy at least 2 times for every 1 girl time. She likes to see her man & I feel since she is supportive of my girl side, I need to support her need for her man.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

You do have a good wife

Kara Zor-El
    Great story and thanks for sharing! Could not agree more on communication being the key to success.

having an accepting wife makes life all that much better

Quote Originally Posted by cdnovice View Post
    I believe my wife got to see that no one cared. Nothing happened to me her feel uncomfortable. The world didn't end.. and we had fun!!!
    My wife wins the SO of the year/life award!!!
    What a charming story! You made me smile.

Always love hearing a positive story
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Great post! I hope to have my own positive story to share soon. Will be venturing out in costume (both of us) sunday - and next Saturday is our first scheduled day out with him "en femme". Nervous and excited! Stay tuned!