Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Closeted dressers on Halloween

If you wanted to go all out, I would think it might also be the perfect time to ask a close girlfriend to help with make-up and other tips as well

Yikes this takes me back to the early 1980s, the first time I ever went out even partially dressed. I persuaded my then-wife to join me for the Greenwich Village halloween parade in New York, where I wore a long showgirl wig, heels (my first time on pavement in heels), and of course stockings and garters underneath jeans and a leather jacket. I had a terrific time even though my feet gave out after not to many blocks. The best moment was when I first put on the wig and heels outdoors on the street, I had never done that before, and the next best moment was when a guy came up behind me and began to flirt, purely on the strength of the wig and heels, since I wasn't presenting gurl in any other way. My wife, on the other hand, said she had a horrible time, she hated the wig and shoes, and declined to participate in Halloween ever again. Fifteen years later I was fully out, three years after that I was fully divorced, nowadays I dress often at home with my very supportive second wife, and sometimes step out when we think it is both safe and fun, like we did yesterday at the Ren Fair and as we will do again on Halloween. So you could say that Halloween was the gateway drug, but I don't see it that way, rather it was an available opportunity to begin to let the girl emerge, and come out she did. We both still love halloween and far from discouraging, would highly recommend the outing to anyone still in the closet. A safe chance to get your feet (heels!) wet, a chance to see whether you really do like this, a fun evening even if it never goes anywhere. Go for it!

That's why I love Halloween as I dress fully and venture out and I don't have to worry about who's looking at me.

I get a girlfriend to help with my makeup if I need it and when I'm all glamorous we both go out on the town.
    Robyn a self assured girl who loves life

I agree with Sammy, For me its now dressing up in those sexy outfits or becoming the female super hero in tight fitted clothing. Thats what Halloween is for me. It s no longer just to dress up as a woman since I ca do that anytime and go out anytime. I know for some that's not the case. But Halloween is the time to do it. So I say go for it, you're going to love the experience. I remember the first time I did it wasn't all that but when I finally did it right (wig, makeup heels, panties, etc) I had so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Uh, yeah, there are, but most people here prefer to ignore/forget about them, because it doesn't fit with how they want to believe the world feels about us. The pink fog here is thick indeed.
    I agree, the fog can get pretty think at times, but I have yet, in the two years that I have been here, read one true horror story about being outed, or any overly bad experiences on Halloween. The only thing I can find is what a great time a sister had because she finally got a taste of being out. If Anyone does have that horror story (except Alice Torn, cause she always has a horror story lol) please feel free to post it.

whether you want to believe it or not, any 'normal' guy who chooses to go through the trouble to shave, pluck, coif, wear high heels, etc., will automatically be suspect of being gay/TS.
    Or maybe they wanted to go "all out" for the "costume". Let me give you an example, for years I did Michael Myers, it was important to Me (even if no one noticed) to make sure the mask, the overalls, and the knife, completely matched to one of the Movies that I wanted the look to be from,

Yes, it seems a bit much but I wanted to to be 100% authentic. So if one chose to be a woman, or present as one, and cared about how it truly looked, why wouldn't you go all out? If anyone asks, which most won't, you've always wanted to try this costume and why not do it right?

When I was young, Many of my friends that couldn't afford a "real" costume, often dressed as a girl and the girls did the opposite. Who's to say that later in life you didn't decide to give it a shot? buying a pair of heels and a dress are A LOT cheaper than buying a costume. The Wig could be your SO's...the list goes on and on....and who wears a coif ever? and on Halloween, who's suppose to be "normal"?

Because from the rest of the world's point of view, why would we go through all that trouble when there are lots of costumes that might attract women instead of make them question our sexuality?
    Well I guess if your out looking for a date, then being dressed might not work all that well but I guess that depends on how bold your feeling on that night. This wasn't about finding dates and such though, this is about sister's who haven't been pass that door way, taking advantage of the one night that most people won't question your "costume" choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Athena_ View Post
    Maybe I can get past that door this year........
    Trust Me, you can. This is the one night of the year where most people won't question it. I am not saying you even need to go to a party, club, bar,or mall. These are places you can go when your more comfortable with your own skin. It's just about getting past that door. You could go during the day to a park or some where that doesn't have many people and just walk around or take pictures. You don't have to have ANY specific place to actually go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Ann Owens View Post
    none of us are restricted to just Halloween. I know of one event that has been published showing many CD's and usually the reactions are positive. If caught by someone you knew, you can always do the "I did it on a dare." excuse.
    You are correct BUT for a starting point, for that first step outside into the real world, is there a better day than Halloween? No, there isn't.

I'm not trying to push sister's out the door with this post, I am just wanting to make sure that they know that Halloween isn't CD taboo as some of the sister's here try to make it out to be, year in and year out. Yes, every time you do go out that door there is a chance your going to be outed but the chances are a whole lot slimmer on Halloween.

The one part I totally disagree on is the "I was dared" part. That excuse is worst than "I lost a bet". Even if it was true and we went back to Sometimes_miss's post, would you go all out for a dare/bet (shave, pluck, and all of that) or a Halloween costume? You'd surly be outed with that excuse. Matter of fact, we should make a sticky post listing all the lame excuses that will (possibly) get you outed real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie7 View Post
    So you could say that Halloween was the gateway drug, but I don't see it that way, rather it was an available opportunity to begin to let the girl emerge, and come out she did. We both still love Halloween and far from discouraging, would highly recommend the outing to anyone still in the closet. A safe chance to get your feet (heels!) wet, a chance to see whether you really do like this, a fun evening even if it never goes anywhere. Go for it!
    Great story Jackie This is what this post is about, getting those heels clicking on the pavement (or whatever you chose to wear) on the one night when it should be fun and the experience that you may not have had otherwise. Every Halloween you have a couple days before hand, the actual day of, and (this year) possibly a couple days after....why miss that opportunity because some posts that You shouldn't do it on Halloween just because They don't.

I'll give my sister's this, if you are still afraid of just doing your every day (or chance) look then by all means there are plenty of sexy costumes out there that You could do also. Hell, the costume will lower the chances of being outed even a little more.

Halloween is the time to do it. So I say go for it, you're going to love the experience. I remember the first time I did it wasn't all that but when I finally did it right (wig, makeup heels, panties, etc) I had so much fun!

Exactly. Part of the problem with the nay sayers is that they themselves started out on Halloween. I am sure they just didn't get dressed and run out the door on say, March 3rd, one day and have been out ever since. No, they worried about the things that most of us closeted dressers are still worrying about.

I am so proud and happy for them that they got past that, that they accepted themselves for who they are and every day can be halloween (in spirit, because most of us don't see this as a costume) but there are those of us who still only have the one day for whatever reasons we have.
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 10-06-2014 at 03:40 PM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Silver Member
    This is also a great time to openly shop for shoes and clothes and makeup.

Openly shopping is as much fun as dressing for Halloween.
    Last edited by heatherdress; 10-07-2014 at 12:21 AM.

why would we go through all that trouble when there are lots of costumes that might attract women instead of make them question our sexuality?
    Actually from my experience out as a french maid on halloween. I had never attracted so much attention from women, and all positive. Now mind you I'm married, but if I were single it would seem that this outfit would have been a great way to meet women.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana L View Post
    Actually from my experience out as a french maid on halloween. I had never attracted so much attention from women, and all positive. Now mind you I'm married, but if I were single it would seem that this outfit would have been a great way to meet women.
    My experience in 15+ years of going out dressed in NYC and Philadelphia is, some women, repeat SOME, are curious about and perhaps very interested in a nicely turned out crossdressing man. These are the women you want to be talking to, but you can't find them in the haystack unless you suck it up and step out. Same as when I went bald in my early 20s. SOME women thought a young bald man was cute. There were more than enough of them, I didn't need to fret about those who only liked a full head of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    This is also a great time to openly shop for shoes and clothes and makeup.

Openly shopping is as much fun as dressing for Halloween.
    This is true the best part is, especially with heels, the SA almost insist that you try them on. I went to Lover's Lane a year ago and told her I was looking for a pair of heels for MY costume for halloween, They had classic pumps on sale for $7.99 and I wanted a pair badly. Anyways, the SA was more than helpful and really gave me a bunch of pointers and ideas to do a "female" right. Unfortunately I couldn't over come my fears to actually try the heels on even though I was under dressed at the time and had the pantyhose ready to go. I now have that listed with other "Missed opportunities"

The best time to actually go shopping is during the Christmas season as almost no one questions what it is that your buying because they assume your Xmas shopping for your wife, Girlfriend, sister.....whatever. This is the time that those that are shy about being in the women's section alone should take advantage of. Before I told my SO everything, I certainly spent a lot of time shopping for her but for myself also, while we shop together now, the experience really did make shopping by myself a lot easier
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

great thread.
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

If Halloween gets you out the door for the first time go for it. That's how I started and it felt so liberating.
    Now my problem is that whatever costume I wear (male or female), I try to do it to the best of my ability. To dress as just a woman at work, I'd be a little too good at it. However if I dress as someone else I can push it and have fun. My favorite was Mimi (from the Drew Carey Show). And I looked the part.

Guess I'm one of the "seasoned dressers". I haven't been out on Halloween in a few years, but my reasoning is a little different. If you think you pass, Halloween is the acid test. If you don't pass, people will comment on your "costume". People who otherwise would have acted like they didn't notice. If I'm really trying to pass, I'd rather not know that I don't. I'm shallow like that.

I'm thinking I might go out this year. Even for the seasoned dresser, Halloween is a chance to wear things you ordinarily wouldn't. If you usually go with a soccer mom look, it's pretty fun to rock that miniskirt and stripper heels, lots of vivid makeup, and rock that cleavage for all it's worth!

In the day-to-day world, I'll sometimes go out as a Dude in a Dress, and sometimes Dressed to Pass(except on close inspection). But on Halloween??? It's all out-outrageous! Marilyn, Elvira, a Playboy Bunny...And I don't even have parties to go to. I just hit the road and make as many stops around town in different stores as I can, buying little "party" items(I once came home with 6 bottles of wine...And I don't even drink!) as IF I were going to a party.

So, for the 1st timers(or the closeted), raid your closet and then get your cute little fannies out the door and enjoy!!!!

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

Halloween is a really great time for a first time dressed in public experience. If you don't pass, you can laugh it off and everybody has fun. If you pass well enough, people will be impressed that you could look that good and had the courage to go to that extra effort needed to take it seriously.

Halloween is also a great time for dressers to meet understanding people. If you do look good in that dress, skirt, skimpy outfit, there are people who will bind that very interesting. They may want to get to know you themselves, or they may have a friend who has been looking for a girl like you. My first social public outing was for Halloween. I won best costume, had fun dancing with a dozen women who were really excited to meet me, and I had a lot of fun. I just wish I had done it many years earlier.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Silver Member
    I have the Halloween neighborhood party challenge. If I go as a female, as my wife wants me to, how do I not look too good or act too natural? I would really enjoy spending the night in my heels, make up and a female costume or outfit, but am not sure about getting the neighborhood spotlight. Also, I am not sure about a costume. My wife suggested being pimp and prostitute (she being the pimp). This would be a first for me - to be dressed as a female during a party with many friends. Usually I just go out and blend.

Dressing sexy on halloween is so much fun. the last 6 years I do Howard sternbin drag.

Aspiring Member
    heatherdress, I would think that if you really pushed all of the limits and also acted naturally, the other party guests might think that you put a lot of work and effort into your prsentation. If I were at that party, I'd probably think that and compliment you for doing it so well. just my opinion. I'd avoid a charicature look myself and present myself with elegance and grace. But that's just me.

Cheryl

Dressing sexy on halloween is so much fun. the last 6 years I done Howard stern in drag. I done all zebra outfit, with zebra tight mini. With matchin zebra jacket. I done stern as a gangster pinstripe mini. & jacket. Black thigh highs & white thong & black pumps.won 1st or 2nd every year.this year is the best, goin as stern as a catholic school girl. I'm wearin. Red plaid
    Mini school skirt with white lace blouse.red plaid tie & hat. Black pumps & wig ,glasses,white over the knee stockings with white bows with matchin white lace cheeky panties. Sitting down should b fun. Time 2 win again lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JayeLefaye View Post
    I just hit the road and make as many stops around town in different stores as I can, buying little "party" items(I once came home with 6 bottles of wine...And I don't even drink!) as IF I were going to a party.
    That is so cool lol I would have probably have picked up something that I could have used though, buying bottles of wine your not going to drink was probably expensive BUT the point is You had no real destination but still made a night out being dressed and that's worth it's weight in gold Even if Girls aren't ready to mingle with a whole lot of people at bars, this idea can be fun on it's own and the cost is a bit of gas, unless your buying wine that is lol

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdress View Post
    Also, I am not sure about a costume. My wife suggested being pimp and prostitute (she being the pimp). This would be a first for me - to be dressed as a female during a party with many friends. Usually I just go out and blend.
    That is perfect. Just make sure your wife is as good looking as you. Mustache, beard, just do her up really good and then yourself the same ( dancer heels, mini, lots of makeup) and they will buy the whole "costume" thing for the most part. If anyone says' Hey, you walk really good in those heels" just say "it took months of practice and really sore feet".

Genderfluid Swiftie DanielleLee's Avatar
    My response.... go for it and have fun. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Have fun, life is short.

The flip side of that... you'll reap what you sow. I've done cross dressing on Halloween for so many years that its the same response every year... the wives all state Dave will dress as a woman, the husbands look uncomfortable, my wife gets upset... and at the end of the day it's unspoken that everyone in our circle of friends assumes I'm a cross dresser.

You can dress on halloween every year, go to different places, different cities, do different things but if You do the same year in and year out, with the same people, your most certainly going to be outed. I wouldn't say it's an assumption at this point, they know.

In Australia, Halloween is not very big, and is promoted mainly towards children as far as costumes etc go.
    Having said that, my local department store has adult halloween costumes and accessories for sale at a cheap price, so its a good time to stock up on things like false fingernails, makeup, wigs etc as you can pass it off as Halloween purchases.

What do the adults normally wear as they take their kids around? do they take their kids around or is it just parties? Sounds like a good deal if you see something you like, buy it and get out and about

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Ann Owens View Post
    heatherdress, I would think that if you really pushed all of the limits and also acted naturally, the other party guests might think that you put a lot of work and effort into your prsentation. If I were at that party, I'd probably think that and compliment you for doing it so well. just my opinion. I'd avoid a charicature look myself and present myself with elegance and grace. But that's just me.

Cheryl
    Thanks Cheryl. I appreciate your suggestions.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    That is so cool lol I would have probably have picked up something that I could have used though, buying bottles of wine your not going to drink was probably expensive BUT the point is You had no real destination but still made a night out being dressed and that's worth it's weight in gold Even if Girls aren't ready to mingle with a whole lot of people at bars, this idea can be fun on it's own and the cost is a bit of gas, unless your buying wine that is lol

That is perfect. Just make sure your wife is as good looking as you. Mustache, beard, just do her up really good and then yourself the same ( dancer heels, mini, lots of makeup) and they will buy the whole "costume" thing for the most part. If anyone says' Hey, you walk really good in those heels" just say "it took months of practice and really sore feet".
    Thanks Joanne. I do feel better about going all out. It will be a lot more fun too. Some of my neighbors will put a lot of effort into the outfits. Thanks for your help.