Thread: Survey

Banned Read only

Survey

If a survey was taken today at a mall of 50 adult men and 50 adult women about CDing what would the men say and what would the women say.

The question would be:

If a man dresses in all women's clothing including wig, makeup, heels, underwear, etc. and presents as a female would you be O.K. with it and not treat him any different than any other person. If this is how he wants to dress and present can you accept it?

My vote is Men O.K. with it, 35
    Women O.K. with it, 23
    With all the changes that have taken place in our society and acceptance of these changes has the public eased-up on CDing.

We need to go out there and get some acctually numbers. Who's up for the challenge . Lol I'm in...

Gone to live my life
    Hi Deebra,

Hard to say on this one. I believe that the results would be opposite with more "women" being okay with it vice "men". Then again who knows and it would really depend on where the survey was taken.

Survey aside, I have gone out in the Vanilla world quite a bit since discovery Isha a year ago. This includes up close and personal on packed commuter buses, restaurants, busy malls, coffee shops or just walking around. I find that most people who "read/clock" me as a guy don't seem very fussed and most colleagues/friends "male and female" I am out to are "supportive". However when it comes to society writ large, just because people don't say anything personally to you "good or bad" I never confuse that with "acceptance" and think of it as more like "tolerance". I think society is changing views on some issues but TG is still a bit of an oddity some cannot wrap their heads around so they may smile and say "I'm okay with that" but inside they may be also be saying "so long as I don't have to interact/see or know someone like that".

Hugs

Isha

I think you may be about right on the number of women, but I think that the number of men would be around 15. Just a guess!

Hugs, Bria

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    There is actually an important side to your thesis Deebra. I find that women are far more likely to engage in conversation with me notwithstanding that they have picked me. A caveat is that I'm not their husband.

It took me some time to accept that women are interested in talking irrespective of whether or not they know I'm male. I do not hesitate now in engaging in conversation. Some have become good friends. Being accepted into the female world is quite wonderful and (femme) life changing.

So, like Isha, I'd put women much higher on the OK scale.
    Last edited by Michelle (Oz); 10-10-2014 at 08:07 AM.

Seems to me that women are generally accepting as long as your relationship with them is not romantic. Sad to say, thats where many draw the line. I think mens acceptance can depend on whether or not their buddies are around.

The public are more rasy with it but there will always be pockets of those opposed,
    Until there are more television shows with cross dressing iin them, murder will still have more acceptance as a solution to life.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    It's hard to say and I would think it would depend a lot on what part of the country or world you are in what responses you would get. I am sure it would be different in Los Angeles as opposed to Wichita or Dallas or New York or Denver. Just to list a few. I don't think this is a question that can be answered based on intuition or making a guess. Sounds like a good research project for some grad student somewhere.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

Hi Deebra:

Interesting question. I think it would depend on the definition of "ok" and "accept it". I think women would be a bit higher if "OK" and "Accept it" meant that they would would be tolerant of them and be respectful and treat them with dignity, etc but that it wasn't their SO. If it meant their SO, I think the number would be dramatically lower. Same for men. If it meant having to work with them etc, I am not sure it would be as high as 35. If it meant just treating them with respect and dignity, your number may be close.

I think the data would skew depending on how much it would impact their lives.

But, just my thoughts...

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Banned Read only
    As Sarah said it will depend where the surveys were taken even in a mall in various parts of the world !
    In isolation men will be OK with it, your figure could be about right ! The figure for women would possibly be higher but far more variable . If you ask a group of women I think it would stay high but if you asked them in a mixed group I would expect the figure to drop !

As usual the question still poses the problem why a man would want to do it ! But has little relevance if the a question is about women Cders !

Maybe it's not about changing the public view of CDers as much as the view of changing the image of men in society !

what mall, where? Age of group? Day or night? Income level? To many variables and I would say you are backwards. Men are LESS likely to accept it (the caveat would be if they are involved and then your numbers would bottom out quickly...say 10% of men and 10% of women if the crosdresser was a relative or spouse)
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I think you are probably pretty close with the female acceptance. I can't imagine that male acceptance could be that high though. But then again maybe it isn't as bad as I think it is.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    That is a great idea really.
    If we had say 20 here willing to print up the questions and have a go at it just to check our area and see what happens I'm willing to do it.

Pick from all age groups to get a general idea.
    I'm not sure if you would actually have to have a permit to conduct the survey in a mall setting.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-10-2014 at 01:15 PM.

if this was in my neck of the woods, with a variety of ages, and pretty much middle class folks...
    i would think less than 10% of the men (straight) would be okay with it, and about 40% of the women would be okay with it...
    but i agree with others here that there are way too many variables...
    paula

I doubt you would need a permit, but I cant be 100 percent sure. Im pretty sure you would need to check with the mall mangement to make sure theyre okay with it.

I think a higher percentage of men would be ok with it if they were interviewed alone. If they were in a group setting with other men around they would "man up" and tear it to pieces so that they didn't seem to soft.
    Women...who knows. I think a larger percentage of them would be ok with it than the men would.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'd say if the person doing it is okay with it, good enough. The rest can take a long walk off a short pier if they don't like it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    I very much agree with CherylT. Men alone might be okay, but in a "pack" of men they have to somehow save face. I am, from experience, am inclined to think that many women would be okay with it and might even want to enjoy friendship with only few desiring a relationship with a CDer.

Cheryl
    Last edited by Cheryl Ann Owens; 10-10-2014 at 02:28 PM.

I don't know what the results would be like, but I bet they would be improved if you rephrased the question as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    If a man dresses in all women's clothing including wig, makeup, heels, etc. and presents as a female would you be O.K. with it and not treat him any different than any other woman?
    If you bring up underwear or panties in your question, people may assume the person asking the question is a pervert, and will take offense.

Well, I think as someone who is out, that your numbers may be off. I feel you are basing our estimates on the number of accepting SO's from the forum here.There is a big difference between dealing with a peer who is TG and dealing with an SO... I think if we asked the ladies if they would accept a TG peer, most would be fine with that, however, ask those same people how they would feel about a TG SO, that would tip the scale back.

Banned Read only
    Are FACTS OK?

I have been out about 1200 times now give or take a hundred. BUT... as 15ish percent and not 100 percent "female" and had 100 % acceptance. [And when I go out I usually hit at least two stores if not 3 or 4. It would be very unusual to go out and not pass by 100 people]

100 percent as in every single person.

I have no reason to believe that would change if I was presenting 50% female or 100%.
    Last edited by Raychel; 10-10-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Well I ran with the idea today and came up with a small sample.
    I had to drop papers off to all 3 of my doctors today so while waiting I asked some people and here is the result.
    The age range was 20 something to 60+
    Out of 23 men 20 said yes 3 said no.
    Out of 25 females 22 said yes and 3 said no. One female said OK if it wasn't her husband.

I would say men 0 (but there would be a few liars in the group); and women, maybe 25 would be OK with it, as long as it wasn't thier man.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Will the survey taker be a man in men's clothes, a women or one of us? Do not try this at a Mall in Du Bai. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

It would be very hard to get a true reading unless complete anonymity in response could be guaranteed to the survey taker. In today's business world, a face/air of tolerance is encouraged, preached, cajoled, commanded, etc. You'll find much of that extending outside the office environment as people don't want to risk being prejudice and being discovered doing so. Most men and women, then, would say they are OK with dressing.

Rephrase the question and ask would one date/marry one of the gender disruptors and the answer would swing dramatically.