Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Topics on Crossdressers.com

Aspiring Member

Favorite Topics on Crossdressers.com

I love this incredible website and find the topics and discussions to be remarkably insightful and thought-provoking.
    It's a such a great place to learn about the challenges and successes of our community and to feel less isolated and alone with our struggles.
    My favorite topics are:
    1. How we started crossdressing and the challenges we faced in our youth.
    2. The extent to which we have accepted (or not accepted) our needs/desires to crossdress.
    3. How our crossdressing has affected our wives, SOs, and family.
    4. How our desire to crossdress changes as we get older (and hopefully wiser).
    5. Clothing advice and discussions (I never get tired of the panty threads!).

That my list, please add yours!

Acceptance within ourselves and our own progression towards public presentation.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Learning how others deal with their SO who are not so inclined to accept this.
    I also enjoy the picture threads of all our fashion finds.

I enjoy finding out there are more that have the same passion and desire to dress. Knowing I'm not affected with something that is not bad and that it is a natural part of some folks life.
    Topics:
    1. Why we dress.
    2. Where other dressers are.
    3. Finding some friends from the site I can confide in and be comforted to talk about what I enjoy.
    4. Of course the picture threads. Seeing what I like and don't.
    5 discovering new makeup techniques.

I also love this site I wish it was here 40 years ago. Connie

I was quite troubled by guilt, shame, and poor self-image when I found this forum. The advice and stories of self acceptance were of incredible help. Those topics are still close to my heart.

I love this site as well. I enjoy reading about SO acceptance and lifestyles.

While we all no doubt enjoy the "glitter" aspect of CDing, my favorite subjects are when folks get in touch with their feelings and begin to move forward in a positive direction.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My favorite section is the Picture gallery. I love seeing what everyone has found, bought and how they wear it. I don't really have any one topic that stands out as a favorite. There is a lot of good discussions here. It would be easier to point out the ones I don't like.....like the pantie threads.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

It's funny how your list of favourite topics includes some my least favourite topics, first and foremost panty threads

Anyway, I always like topics that are more about sharing thoughts rather than finding the right answers, the ones about identity, sexuality, 'labels', etc. I also like fashion topics or the ones about the more technical side of cross-dressing/female impersonation (makeup, tucking, padding, posing, etc.). Those are actually pretty rare. I like to browse the picture gallery as well, but a lot of threads are a bit samey.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    im with Zylia....I cant stand panty threads, also, being single..the S/O pity parties are my least favorite ..if I see the word S/O in the OG post...I keep it moving...I cant help that situation,and the worst person to give others advice in that dept. I rarely check the pic threads...unless I recognize the posters name as a personal friend... My favorites would be makeup and fashion ( rare)...first time out dressed stories ( that are not novels)...getting caught stories, and I love a good catfight when men in dresses judge other men in dresses..you have to catch them before they dissapear though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylia View Post
    I also like fashion topics or the ones about the more technical side of cross-dressing/female impersonation (makeup, tucking, padding, posing, etc.). Those are actually pretty rare. I like to browse the picture gallery as well, but a lot of threads are a bit samey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    My favorites would be makeup and fashion ( rare)...
    Have either one of you checked the clothing and accessories boards?
    Last edited by Lorileah; 10-10-2014 at 05:28 PM.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I have no particular subjects or topics that I enjoy more than others. I just love the site, especially if its a thread that I started.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

My all time favourite threads, are about the late bloomers. It amazes me why you would start dressing at a later age? I started dressing prior Pre school, to me I'm was born with it, so im intriqued why late bloomers dress and what was their catalyst?
    Adelaide

Yep, the wife acceptance threads don't interest me since I'm single, but if I ever become attached I'll be glad they exist. I love panties, but don't find it a fascinating topic for discussion. "Passing" threads never interested me, but I'm slowly starting to venture out of the closet, so I'm getting more interested.

I like: Discovery of where we each are on the TG spectrum, what TG levels there are, why we crossdress, stories of being out and possibly being outed etc.

Not exactly a thread topic but #1 to me: Contacting and meeting other CDs in person thru this website has been wonderful.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Have either one of you checked the clothing and accessories broads?
    Yep

I said they're rare (the ones that interest me anyway), not nonexistent. Either way, I think that "woe is me, I'm transgender" threads and "my wife doesn't like my frilly panties" threads are a bit more common, but YMMV.

Aspiring Member
    This is an awesome site of acceptance and knowing I'm not alone. I only wish I had a site like this when I was a teen many decades ago because things would have been much different for me.

I like seeing threads and pictures posted by the younger generation and knowing they have SO much acceptance and opportunities today to even go all the way through transition. The younger gals here seem to have an advantage with their youthful appearance that they can maintain.

But my favorite threads, some that I've started, are those where any of us can reconnect with old girlfriends we knew long ago. I said in another thread that I have about a dozen girl friends today who love and embrace, and accept me. Some always suspected things about me. Today I make the best of it while feeling good about the women in my life who truly know me, love me, and protect me.

Cheryl

I enjoy the stories! 1st time out, trying something new, personnel victory's, and lessons learned!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

I'm with Genny, like the stories about girls accepting themselves.
    The fashion tips are great. Lots of makeup tips on Cd stores and YouTube.
    Char

Platinum Member
    I just totally enjoy interacting with the thousands of sisters on this forum.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

When i found this site i struggled for days trying to decide weather to join or not. It was difficult for me to actually say out loud what was inside of me. I've gained confidence and found that i have many sisters out there. The storys are great and i love each and every one of you.
    thank you ladies.

I'm with Wanda 66, but wondered longer. I read other's experiences and think--what if, what will. This site is informative and the people insightful, kind and welcoming. So, to your topic, I tend to read threads about 2, acceptance, and 3, affect.

Banned Read only
    iL.dso,
    I agree with you on your selection of subjects but had to smile at No4 older and wiser ! Yes I should be but coming out to this forum less than a year ago I'm still playing catch-up ! The only one I'm not too bothered with is the panty threads, OK I like wearing them but hearing how many others have seems pointless !

Possibly like many members here we go from total isolation in the closet to out ourselves on an open forum ! As Wanda says pressing the join button and seeing the confirmation Email is quite a step ! An even bigger one is taking the risky decision to use your own picture as your avatar !!
    Last edited by Teresa; 10-12-2014 at 04:23 AM.

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    I'm not sure I have a favorite subject, but I truly enjoy the
    post where you "gurls" are speaking from the heart about
    issues we can all relate to. Sometimes I feel happy, sad and jealous
    all at the same time when someone describes their small successes or
    failure, just trying to be themselves and fit it.

It makes me feel so Human
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

threads about panties!

esp. the way it bothers some people... haha!